Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619244 [1]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I knew my undeegrad scores were weak and that is why I put additional effort in GMAT to score high. What should I do now to have a shot at it.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I knew my undeegrad scores were weak and that is why I put additional effort in GMAT to score high. What should I do now to have a shot at it.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Rahul30 wrote:

May I know which college/university you did your undergrad from? If its a top 10 or top 15 college in India, it shouldn't be a big problem.

I think you still have a decent chance of getting in. You just need to write convincing essays. Spend some time on your essays and on getting good recommendations and that should get you an interview call.

Also, I would suggest you apply early. Try to apply by round 2, or by round 3 at the most. I heard there are only going to be 4 rounds this year and most of the candidates will be selected early.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It was a private college affiliated to north Maharashtra university.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahul30 wrote:
Hi Can anyone please check my profile for SAID

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for 23 Circles of Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations saving them more than 40 million
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Your profile is impressive and I see no issues with it really. As you do come from an overrepresented applicant group, however, you would need to bring out extremely well thought out essays in order to maximize your chances of admission. Assuming that is not an issue (and if it is, don’t be scared of getting professional help!) I see you as a very promising candidate for Said!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi guys!

Would love if you could quickly evaluate my profile regarding if it is a potential fit at SAID (if not - which Euro schools would be within the range):

Current age:
28 (age at applying approx. 29)
Work experience:
- Senior Consultant Big 4 (Strategy - FS/Retail) - expecting to be promoted within the next year to Manager - currently leading teams consisting of junior consultants etc
- Digital Strategy at a leading CEE bank and several other gigs a non-major companies (product management, ...)
- Total approx. work experience at time of application ~6 years

Education:
B.A (GPA 2.9) and M.A (GPA 3.5) in Business Management at a European Non-Elite school
including a brief summer university in China

Other:
University lector at a (non-elite) college for digital business models & advisor to a startup
Various Certifications (Prince2, ...)
Regular speaker at finance conferences (regarding Innovation, ...)
Participation in Oxford Said "Fintech Programme"

Race/nationality: White / Austrian
Sex: M
GMAT Score: 680 (I should probably pump those numbers)

Goal of MBA: Work in Strategy Consulting, specifically (hopefully) MBB
Target Schools: INSEAD maybe some other options like Said
Essentially, looking for a realistic perspective wether my high-level profile gives me a shot at INSEAD / OXBRIDGE
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Rahul30 wrote:
Hi Can anyone please check my profile for SAID

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for 23 Circles of Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations saving them more than 40 million
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Very strong profile! Prepare well for the interview and really understand what sets the School apart.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT: 750 (49Q 44V) 8 IR 6 AWA

GPA: 3.1 Mechanical Engineering at Top 10 Engineering School

Work Experience: 1 year Mechanical Engineer -> 2 years Technical Project Manager (All New Product Development Group at fortune 100 company)

Additional:

• Co-Authored Academic Paper in Advanced Materials Journal that has been cited more than 60 times.
• Competed in underwater robotics, rocketry, and solar car engineering design competitions during highschool.
• Multiple top 3 finishes at Formula SAE design competition in college.
• Member of executive council/Head of legislation committee within student engineers council; represented interests of over 10,000 engineers to Dean of engineering college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I intend to apply in R2 for the MBA class of 2019 (2018 intake). Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 6 years by the time I start school ( September 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but have worked in cross functional teams throughout.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I have also recently completed an Executive Education course from Judge Business School, Cambridge - sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello,

I would like to request your help in my profile evaluation and help me in knowing chances of getting into my target B schools.
Here is a brief snapshot of my background & experience:

I am an Indian male currently working in a top multi-national Indian mobile technology solutions company in India. I am working as an inside consultant and international business development manager for a range of technology products in in South East Asia, India & Europe. I was chosen for the international sales leadership program in my company last year, which is a program aimed at developing emerging leaders.
My main job responsibilities include leading sales, marketing & developing business strategies in assigned territories.
Prior to this, I worked at Tech Mahindra and Mtree Software as a business analyst working with multiple clients from US.

I have travelled extensively in Europe & Asia for trainings, conferences, network development, sales & business meetings.

I currently have 7 and half years of work experience.

Business venture:
I have always had an interest in e-commerce ventures and cars. We started a e-commerce venture looking to solve the problem of fragmented aftermarket in cars segment in India. So what we started off as a part-time engagement has now been turned into a small business since 1 year. We have registered 200+ partners on board and have more than 50 transactions daily on our website. I do this as a part time activity with some support from my friend, who is also a business partner.

Social responsibilities:
I started a small community program with my wife where we serve food to poor people every night. We call this program as “Roti Bank” where more than 30 families prepare some extra food and wheat pancake(Roti) daily and we serve it free of cost to more than 50 people daily. In last 6 months, we have increased our community from 2 families to 30 families and plan to make it to 100 by end of next year.
I am also a volunteer for one of India's leading NGO- Teach for India. Here I am responsible for working with the full time teachers to develop curriculum, activites etc, for students from low income background.

GMAT:740 (Q51, V40)

Education:

Bachelor of Engineering- Computer Science Engineering (No GPA, 71%)
Jss Academy of Technical Education (Within the Top private engineering colleges in India)

Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Sales & Marketing(GPA - 5.7)
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow(Among top 5 post graduate colleges in management education in India)

Grade 12 :81%
Grade 10: 87%

Post Graduate Diploma Experience
During my post graduate diploma, my focus was completely on international marketing and sales. I took electives which included Cross-cultural communications, effective communication skills, international marketing, B2B marketing etc. Considering my prior experience, education and keen interest in international business, I was handpicked by Mahindra group for leading the international sales in their Mobile Technology division. Having worked in international sales for almost 5 years, I have gained valuable insights how different markets work.

Post International MBA goals :
Strategy consulting for International market entry .
Considering my background, current experience and passion for international projects, I am keen on pursuing a career in strategy consulting for International Market Entry post my MBA. I have good exposure of market knowledge gathering and holding discussions with people from executive level to CXO level. With MBA degree, I aim to gain knowledge of Strategy management and core finance concepts like corporate finance, transfer pricing etc. MBA will also help me in knowledge sharing sessions with students from different countries and I will be able to gain more insights on how business works and how people think in different parts of the world. My experience within the international sales and marketing has given me a lot of knowledge & ideas that will be helpful in framing business strategies around international market entries in different situations and scenarios.

Target schools :
INSEAD, London Business School, MIT, Wharton, Cornell , Ross, SAID, Judge

Can you help me with your views whether these schools are best aligned for the kind of work i am looking for post MBA. And also whether my profile would be considered as a good fit in SAID business school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone one evaluate my profile
Indian Male 31 have 6+ year of experience in public sector unit in India
Engineer gpa 8.44 gmat 730
4+ year in operations and responsible for power plant operations.
Later promoted and given the leadership role to lead electronics section at our Bauxite Mining unit.
Here 2+ year in General Management role.
won 2 awards "Sarjan" for improving plant performance.
gave solutions to many longstanding problems.
But no International Experience
Am I competitive enough for oxford.
my post mba goal is to work as operations consultant in energy sector.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi...pls evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with 76.2% from National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (Got admitted to this college by being in top 1%ile of the entrance examination)
GMAT- 650 ( Q-49, V-28, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Management after my MBA.

Further reasons for doing MBA is as follows :-

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy, international exposure .
b. Better Career Opportunities after MBA
c. Change in work location

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 65 months with Siemens Limited
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• I am part of the project management team,which handles EPC(Engineering Procurement Construction) Projects with Government customer.
• My job involves handling services and supply of a project along with correspondence with vendors and customer.
• My job involves problem solving on a daily basis with respect to the issues on my project sites.
• I have experience of working with international vendors for example Siemens Germany,which is my parent company and also vendors from China, Netherlands.
• I am leading a team of 8 people, which includes 3 people at office and 5 at project site.
• I have spent 2 years at various project sites,which includes isolated places in the country,far away from any city and have led a team of 40-45 workers.
• My profile involves forecasting and planning of revenues and collections for my project and also resource management.
• I am a certified quality manager in projects.
Awards and Recognition:
• Received 'Star Puraskar' award for closing the project both technically as well as commercially.
Extra-Curricular Activities:
• FOOTBALL
 I was the Captain of my college football team which won the INTER NIT Football Tournament held at NIT Rourkela.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at ISM Dhanbad.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at IIT kharagpur.
I was the team leader of my branch,which won the annual athletics championship held in our college.
I was part of the college Athletics Team
I was the college 200 Meter running champion for 2 consecutive years.

• Organizer

I was in the core committee of the team that organized the annual athletics tournament held in our college for 3 consecutive years.
I was part of the team that organized the annual techno management fest
I was part of the team that organized the annual cultural fest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hello,
I would like to seek an evaluation of my profile for applying to Oxford Said Business School

Nationality: Indian
Job Role: Digital Marketing

Education:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from a state funded university in India
Graduated with GPA: 9.3 on a scale of 10 and a gold medal for securing the first rank in the batch

GMAT:
Total Score: 720 (Q 49, V 40, IR 8)

Work Experience:
36 months of Marketing experience in a multinational corporation in the manufacturing industry (manufacturers of building materials), of which 12 months is in a managerial role (1 direct reportee). Some of the activities that I have done are:
- Planning and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Social media management
- Content generation
- Driving engagement on social media and mobile applications
- Analyzing digital campaigns
- Identifying market trends and insights
- Working with creative agencies
- Marketing communications
- Segment development activities
- Developing sales argumentaries

Extra-curricular activities/Community service experience:
Headed three clubs during undergrad college. Was involved in literary events and community service during undergrad.

Post MBA:
Management Consulting (ideally – MBB)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: LBS '21 (M$)
Send PM
Hi all,

I have a GMAT 730 and consider apply for Said. The issue is my IELTS is 7.5 with Speaking and Writing are only 6.5. Said requires that no band score lower than 7.

Can I still apply for Said? How strict about this? Can I update IELTS score after the deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 65
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: CBS '20
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V35
Send PM