Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 19:53 It is currently 02 May 2024, 19:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Fellas,

I submitted my application some time back, however the status still shows "Application Completed".
Any idea how long does it take to get a status update on this?

Its been almost 20 days since I got this status, not sure what to make out of it. :(

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: XLRI NTU '17
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I received interview invite on 19th Feb for skype interview on 2nd March.

I had applied on 22nd Jan.

Any suggestions for interview prep are welcomed!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
saurbhd wrote:
Fellas,

I submitted my application some time back, however the status still shows "Application Completed".
Any idea how long does it take to get a status update on this?

Its been almost 20 days since I got this status, not sure what to make out of it. :(

Regards

The interview calls can come anytime between 3 days to 1.5 months
I was invited within 3 days this year and had to wait for 1.5 months last year.

So just sit back tight and relax :)
All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Any idea what does this delayed response means?
I mean delayed response=reject or atleast short listed for interview?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
saurbhd wrote:

It means nothing. You cannot know anything until you get the official mail. It does not at all mean that you are out of the game.
So there is nothing much you can do apart from waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Do we have to send the official transcripts to NUS via mail for them to start reviewing the application or a scanned upload is sufficient? As per the instructions for filling up the application, a scanned upload is enough for them to start reviewing the application. Can people who have received interview invites comment on this?

The problem is I have uploaded a scanned copy already, but in the checklist it still shows a cross against transcripts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
There is no need to mail them original transcripts to them. Mail them in regard to your cross against transcripts. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Pria! Have dropped them a mail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
saurbhd wrote:

It means nothing. You cannot know anything until you get the official mail. It does not at all mean that you are out of the game.

NUS has one more information session on 27th Feb [a] At Raffles City Convention Centre. Please register if you are interested

https://mba.nus.edu/information-sessions ... on-session

I will raise this question and one more question that I have in mind

"What is so special or unique about NUS's selection process? why the heck so many rejected by NUS got selected by LBS/INSEAD." :x

Of course, I won't be directly asking this question.

If you can't attend the session, let me know if you have any particular question about scholarship or selection process. I will try to ask them as well!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
endysng wrote:
NUS has one more information session on 27th Feb [a] At Raffles City Convention Centre. Please register if you are interested

"What is so special or unique about NUS's selection process? why the heck so many rejected by NUS got selected by LBS/INSEAD." :x

If you can't attend the session, let me know if you have any particular question about scholarship or selection process. I will try to ask them as well!

You can actually find an answer to that question in a chat that was conducted by the NUS adcom recently. You don't need to attend an info session just to ask that.

And I've seen this exact phenomenon in this thread very often and it is highly irritating and lowers the level of discussion in the thread - "He got accepted in school ABC, so how dare NUS reject him" or other versions of it. Honestly, asking that question shows that you haven't done much research about how the MBA selection process works. There are people I know who have invites from Wharton but dings from Ross. If someone has an invite from a Rank 10 school, it does not mean that he has to get an invite from all schools from Rank 11 to infinity. Each school strives to make its own unique class. If all of the schools were same what would be the point of it all?

It's ok to voice your disappointment at not being admitted but I feel it's unfair on your part to compare NUS with LBS/INSEAD with the intention of showing NUS as being inferior to them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
And I've seen this exact phenomenon in this thread very often and it is highly irritating and lowers the level of discussion in the thread - "He got accepted in school ABC, so how dare NUS reject him" or other versions of it.

Did I ask this? the question was what is unique or special about NUS's selection process? am I not supposed to ask this and prepare accordingly?

Irritating: huhu!!!!
what is that? Life is too short for that kind of feelings

nitishgera wrote:
Honestly, asking that question shows that you haven't done much research about how the MBA selection process works.

I am not sure what is the meaning by much research .
I have spoken to many NUS alumnus, including my BOSS who graduated a long back.so, was not of much help.

Yes, I never feel I have done enough as I always believe there is a chance to learn more. The session is on a Saturday and only 3 stations aways from my home. So, I thought I must attend and help those who cant

nitishgera wrote:
There are people I know who have invites from Wharton but dings from Ross. If someone has an invite from a Rank 10 school, it does not mean that he has to get an invite from all schools from Rank 11 to infinity. Each school strives to make its own unique class. If all of the schools were same what would be the point of it all?

Who asked this ?
so many assumptions ??

nitishgera wrote:
It's ok to voice your disappointment at not being admitted, but I feel it's unfair on your part to compare NUS with LBS/INSEAD with the intention of showing NUS as being inferior to them.

I am yet to get dinged from NUS but even if I get , I won't be disappointed !!

My main target was only one program, MIT's Master in SCM. For which I appeared GMAT and spent more than three months!!!
but the result was not good. But that hardly affected me.

Might sound philosophical but the truth is MBA has hardly any impact on any one's long-term success (I am not even talking about happiness!!!)

Please don't over-think or try to derive meaning that is not intended.

Thanks!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
endysng : Thanks for the clarification. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is the deadline for recommenders Feb 28th as well ? Or is it 14 days after they receive the mail from NUS?

I am talking specifically wrt the MSBA Program. Please reply.

Thanks
Could anyone please give some detail on job scenes post MBA. I have heard it's very very difficult for international students .
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How did the session go?

endysng wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
saurbhd wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
ShephardCommander wrote:
How did the session go?

Nothing special..very few attended, and I was there only for 15-20 mins.

The presentation was same as it was in the webinar and I left before it was complete.

Actually, after receiving my Cranfield offer, I am no more interested in NUS application - It is a great school. However after spending 4+ years in Singapore, I am more interested in doing MBA in a different location!

Best of luck for your NUS application!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
krutik123 wrote:
Could anyone please give some detail on job scenes post MBA. I have heard it's very very difficult for international students .

It's definitely not easy if you are looking only for Singapore location, and It's getting tougher every year with new labor laws. However, it's still not that difficult as you might read in social media.

If you manage to get a job in Singapore, then I am quite sure you will love this place. Having lived in the US, the UK, Germany, India, etc...I fell Singapore is a much better place to live in many parameters esp. if you are Asian.

Though housing is a bit expensive, you can have almost 50-60% more savings than US/UK per year. For a 100K salary, you will pay less than 3.5% tax.

Though it is a common perception that Singapore is more for banking/FI/consulting jobs, the biggest GDP % of Singapore is manufacturing, and it's far easier to get a job in manufacturing industry than banking/service/IT, etc.

So a lot depends on your future industry and your current skill sets.

Originally posted by endysng on 29 Feb 2016, 09:14.
Last edited by endysng on 29 Feb 2016, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts