Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 02:17 It is currently 06 May 2024, 02:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Tuck '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
KE139 wrote:
tx-guy13 wrote:
I submitted my app in Round 2 and have not gotten any emails along the lines of "forwarding my app to Adcoms for review". The last email I have from tuck is the one immediately after clicking submit. At what point should I start to get concerned and reach out to make sure everything is OK with my application? I know it's still a little too early to get concerned since I'm sure they are still working their way through all their apps, but it has been 3 weeks so I have to assume they should be getting pretty close to having begun at least the first pass review of each app. It's possible mine happens to simply be at the very tail end and I'm not too concerned yet, just wondering at what point I should think about reaching out and making sure everything's OK with regard to my application materials and all? Any thoughts? What's kind of the timeline you guys would expect?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When I was there last Tuesday they told us very few applications had been touched yet. I think it's fair to say that they simply have a large number of applications and fewer readers than other schools.

Ok, thanks for the input. Based on last year's clear admit info it looks like most interview invites went out on Feb. 6th, so I assume if I still haven't gotten the "forwarded your app to Adcoms for review, app is complete" email by that point I should follow up around that timeframe.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
tx-guy13 wrote:
Ok, thanks for the input. Based on last year's clear admit info it looks like most interview invites went out on Feb. 6th, so I assume if I still haven't gotten the "forwarded your app to Adcoms for review, app is complete" email by that point I should follow up around that timeframe.

FWIW, I submitted my app in the January round. Received the "forward for review" on Jan. 18th and an interview invite on Jan. 23rd.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
Pre-Application Interview in Sep, 2016.

Interviewed on: 2016/09/21
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 690, Q49, V35
GPA: 3.15
WE: 8 years
Industry: Energy and Utilities

Where about from canada ? How did you the interview go ? Would you like to share your experience

Calgary it is.
How about you?

just updated some quirks from the post.

it was also a general interview - typical as shared by others. Interviewer was a second year student.
I had my class visit first, interview, campus tour and then Q/A with students and then Adcom.

Questions:
Walk through me your resume
Why Tuck / MBA
What are your goals and why
Diversity example
Any questions for (interviewer)

I realised that interviewers are prepared to make the interviewee at ease and thus it may bring our hopes high.
I feel that my recommendations may do me in - they were the first one to go out and may not have been 'perfected'.

M B Singh - what are your plans?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Engaging on Public Policy: Reflections on Inauguration Week Panels

During the week of the presidential inauguration, faculty and policy experts across Tuck and Dartmouth came together to discuss potential policy changes under a Republican White House and Congress. Topics included energy and the environment, health care, immigration, terrorism, education, trade, and more. Nearly 500 people from the Dartmouth and Upper Valley communities attended the panels.

We asked a few students, faculty, and staff about their reactions to the event and whether the discussions had an impact on them personally. Here’s what they had to say.

“Since November 9, I’ve felt a renewed commitment to ensuring that my life and work align with my ideals and values as well as listening to others to understand and build bridges. The issues that we face as a society, many of which have animated the political dialogue over the past year, need to be examined from so many angles and perspectives. They are big, so we must come together. They are complex and deeply interconnected and interwoven in a globalized world. The inauguration panels offered an opportunity to acknowledge and explore this complexity, see issues from new perspectives, and gain inspiration for how we, as citizens, can contribute to the wellbeing of our society.”

Merritt Patridge, executive director, Tuck Center for Business, Government & Society

“I was so glad that Tuck led the charge in organizing these discussions about where key risks and opportunities lie in a Trump administration.  The talks revealed just how much uncertainty lies ahead. What was special about these conversations, led by some of the most renowned academic minds on each of the subject areas, is that they brought together not only the Tuck and Dartmouth communities but also our Upper Valley neighbors.  Conversations like these help us to connect with each other and the broader world around us.  While discussions are important, I hope that these thoughtful deliberations will help to move our community to action as we seek to have positive impact in the world.”

Julia Rosenbaum T’18

“Last week’s panel discussions were especially meaningful for me. I recently joined the Tuck community from Washington, D.C., where I played an integral role within the U.S. Department of Energy and the Administration in shaping energy system policy, planning, and programming. While I feel especially proud to have served my government and the American people in this capacity, this week was a time of deep reflection for me. With so much uncertainty around the future of energy and environment policy, regulation, investment, and innovation, I appreciated the breadth of perspective that the Energy and Environment panel outlined for us. We covered topics ranging from the future of coal, security of the grid, accelerating technology commercialization, anticipated changes in climate policy and international agreements, and the implications of relaxing of environmental regulation, among others. While a number of risks were identified—and there were many—the discussion gave equal voice to opportunities.

But the final words of both optimism and encouragement went to the industry panelist, CEO of Bithenergy, Bob Wallace T’84, who challenged the young scientists, engineers, innovators, and business-minded in the room, to continue to push forward even in the face of uncertainty to be the change they want to see in the world. It was this sense of vigor and vitality that drew me to the government in the first place so many years ago. I walked away from the discussion with a renewed sense of optimism.”

April Salas, executive director, Tuck Revers Center for Energy

“I thought the panels were important to spotlight what we as a university are so good at—analyzing and debating the issues in an open, rational, scholarly way.  We had excellent turnout, not just from Tuck, but also from the rest of the College and the Upper Valley community.  The panelists did a great job of laying out the issues and stimulating questions and debate.  I saw many people continuing the discussion afterward—that made me feel especially good. We also had a good audience watching the live-stream video.

I hope that Tuck and Dartmouth students take full advantage of all the extracurricular events like this that the College organizes—your student years are fleeting, and when you are working it will be even harder to find the time to engage in debate and discussion around public policy.

I am looking forward to seeing more events sometime around the 100-day mark!”

Bob Hansen, the Norman W. Martin 1925 Professor of Business Administration

“Inaugurations provide a unique time for reflection and prediction. This election has been anything but predictable so being able to engage beyond the rhetoric to understand the political, economic, and social implications of this new administration is critical. Tuck’s leadership in bringing the community together to hear from thought leaders across the campus to foster dialogue and debate is the essence of education. We are here not only to become wise business leaders, but also engaged citizens.”

Courtney Bragg T’18

If you couldn’t make it to the discussions, take a moment to watch the recorded panel sessions.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tx-guy13 wrote:
KE139 wrote:
tx-guy13 wrote:
I submitted my app in Round 2 and have not gotten any emails along the lines of "forwarding my app to Adcoms for review". The last email I have from tuck is the one immediately after clicking submit. At what point should I start to get concerned and reach out to make sure everything is OK with my application? I know it's still a little too early to get concerned since I'm sure they are still working their way through all their apps, but it has been 3 weeks so I have to assume they should be getting pretty close to having begun at least the first pass review of each app. It's possible mine happens to simply be at the very tail end and I'm not too concerned yet, just wondering at what point I should think about reaching out and making sure everything's OK with regard to my application materials and all? Any thoughts? What's kind of the timeline you guys would expect?

When I was there last Tuesday they told us very few applications had been touched yet. I think it's fair to say that they simply have a large number of applications and fewer readers than other schools.

Just to follow-up. I did receive the "app has been forwarded for review" email this AM. I feel much better knowing that there is no issue with the application and it is being processed fine. I was getting antsy with the radio silence after 3.5 weeks. If they decide to not to invite me I'll be bummed to say the least, but this at least takes the edge off wondering if I missed some key step somewhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Had an on-campus interview last Tuesday and had a great experience. There were around 20 of us who were there to interview that day, 5 - 6 international applicants including me. We started with lunch with two of T'17 students who shared their experiences and answered our questions. Then we were taken by the adcom to show the campus, which was very beautiful. Then there was an interview with a second year student and it was very conversational and relaxed (as someone mentioned it was their goal to make we feel that way... so can't get too positive about it).

Qs were:
- walk me through resume
- why MBA now
- why make that career transition
- why Tuck
- what would the community miss if I didn't get chosen to attend Tuck
- what is your leadership style and how would your team describe you

In term of accommodation.. I recommend the Six South Hotel. It was very clean, quiet, with free coffee, and pretty convenient (few minutes walk to the nearest supermarket and restaurant.) But it is a bit of a walk to the Tuck campus (as Tuck is located a bit further away in the campus).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else out there who has not received the email confirming that application status is complete?

Wondering if it is time to bother the AdCom about it...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Prawn wrote:
Anyone else out there who has not received the email confirming that application status is complete?

I havent received either. Have you found got in touch with the adcom yet?
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
Send PM
Do you have any reason to believe your application may be incomplete? If yes, you should reach out to check if anything else is required. Else, let it be and be patient. Admissions members are pretty busy at this time and I would advise reaching out only if you may not have submitted something thinking it was not required at that moment. Hope this helps.

Prawn wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Flameboy wrote:
Do you have any reason to believe your application may be incomplete? If yes, you should reach out to check if anything else is required. Else, let it be and be patient. Admissions members are pretty busy at this time and I would advise reaching out only if you may not have submitted something thinking it was not required at that moment. Hope this helps.

Prawn wrote:

Flameboy, Thanks for the perspective. I did send in my official GMAT Report after the deadline but I doubt that would be an issue, since the scores were reported in the application. I think I'll wait a few more days.

njain109, Looks like it isn't a reason to worry yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have you received email confirmation from GMAC that they have sent your official report?

Prawn wrote:
Flameboy wrote:

Prawn wrote:

Flameboy, Thanks for the perspective. I did send in my official GMAT Report after the deadline but I doubt that would be an issue, since the scores were reported in the application. I think I'll wait a few more days.

njain109, Looks like it isn't a reason to worry yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Flameboy wrote:
Have you received email confirmation from GMAC that they have sent your official report?

Yes, I did. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think you are fine then. Maybe wait another 2-3 days and then reach out.

Prawn wrote:
Flameboy wrote:

Yes, I did. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Have people already received interview requests for the January Round deadline?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hope4thebest wrote:
Had an on-campus interview last Tuesday and had a great experience. There were around 20 of us who were there to interview that day, 5 - 6 international applicants including me. We started with lunch with two of T'17 students who shared their experiences and answered our questions. Then we were taken by the adcom to show the campus, which was very beautiful. Then there was an interview with a second year student and it was very conversational and relaxed (as someone mentioned it was their goal to make we feel that way... so can't get too positive about it).

Qs were:
- walk me through resume
- why MBA now
- why make that career transition
- why Tuck
- what would the community miss if I didn't get chosen to attend Tuck
- what is your leadership style and how would your team describe you

In term of accommodation.. I recommend the Six South Hotel. It was very clean, quiet, with free coffee, and pretty convenient (few minutes walk to the nearest supermarket and restaurant.) But it is a bit of a walk to the Tuck campus (as Tuck is located a bit further away in the campus).

Good luck bud and thanks for Six south hotel recommendation
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: How Aspen Skiing Company is Approaching Sustainability

By Katrina Goulden T’18

Climate change is in the spotlight now more than ever, and several companies have started taking steps towards becoming more environmentally friendly. For the most part, these initial steps involve switching out traditional incandescent lightbulbs for LED alternatives or getting the latest high efficiency hand-dryer model. These small steps on a large scale can make a substantial difference.  However, it is time for businesses to play a larger role in protecting and conserving the planet. The public and private sector will need to work together to address these global priorities.

Some businesses, like The North Face, are directly affected by the impacts of climate change and are taking a stance. Last week I had the chance to attend a one-of-a-kind Tuck experience, a fireside chat with Auden Schendler, the vice president of Sustainability at Aspen Skiing Company. In a relaxed conversational setting with Tuck students and faculty, Auden shared his perspectives on influencing organizations to move towards sustainability, and the specific steps Aspen Skiing Company is taking to preserve the future of their business model. Auden advocates for looking at the big picture threats and opportunities associated with sustainability, a step that is crucial for his industry, which can lose roughly $1B in revenue in years with low snowfall. As a result, Auden and his team are helping the Aspen Skiing Company take a public stand against climate change. The company is actively lobbying for sustainability, setting aggressive goals for reducing emissions, partnering with elite winter athletes to advocate for change, developing the Environment Foundation, and supporting Protect Our Winters.

If you were to ask Auden which element of this multi-faceted approach to sustainability is most important to driving large-scale change, he’d say that it’s the vocal role Aspen Skiing Company leadership is playing. In a world where our governments are influenced by lobbyists on a wide range of issues, Auden advocates that now is the time for business leaders to speak out against climate change. In fact, Auden would say that companies are at risk by not taking a stand on something they are passionate about. Consumers, after all, have started to spend their dollars more in parallel with the causes they support. While there are more components to the risk Auden is referencing, I still think he has a point. Business leaders influence our society in so many ways. They should use this platform for good.

Auden’s hope, and admittedly mine too, is that the influence of these senior leaders will cause the ears of our government leaders to perk up a bit and recognize that the sustainability movement is not just a trend—but a movement needed to ensure our continued livelihood on this planet.  This recognition is necessary to drive progress towards protecting the environment and will also hopefully create a few additional jobs for aspiring MBAs in the sustainability sector.

Katrina is a first-year student originally from Concord, MA with a background in strategy consulting and a passion for sustainability.

The Center for Business, Government & Society is focused on meeting the evolving complexities facing business leaders in today’s global economy. In the context of globalization and technological advancement, business success increasingly depends on reconciling the interests of its immediate stakeholders with the broader, deeply intertwined interests of both governments and society. Business leaders adept at navigating these many interests will be better equipped and empowered to help build a more sustainable global economy.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Some people received the app completion email on 25th Jan and received an invite by 30th. Based on this trend, is it safe to assume that people who received the app competition and review notification ( say by 20th Jan or 24th Jan) but haven't received the invite are dinged/not getting an invite.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts