Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 16:35 It is currently 03 May 2024, 16:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.96
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.96
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q160 V151
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I hope this email finds you well, and thank you for your patience as you wait to hear from us.

I am reaching out to a few select students regarding their spot on the wait list for the Rice Business Class of 2019. I would like to let you know that I hope to be able to extend a few admissions offers in the next few weeks, and we anticipate having the entire admissions process wrapped up by June 1.

Thank you again for considering Rice Business and for hanging in there with us.

Regards,
Sue

^^^ did anybody get this email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V46
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I have, I suspect it was sent to those who chose to opt in on the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q160 V151
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
jsheu wrote:

You have a really good GMAT score, but a lot of the schools don't have status updates on them. What's your story?

I do think they may have sent that email to everybody that opted in because my other friend got the same email as well and my other friend who didn't respond received a denial
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jayrdong wrote:
jsheu wrote:

You have a really good GMAT score, but a lot of the schools don't have status updates on them. What's your story?

I do think they may have sent that email to everybody that opted in because my other friend got the same email as well and my other friend who didn't respond received a denial

I believe this was sent to all who opted to remain on waitlist, BUT Rice is not yet ready to make a call on them. I've seen a few people getting off the waitlist even after this email was sent out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jayrdong wrote:
jsheu wrote:

I got a decline from UT Austin and a nice decline from SMU. It's largely been due to my lack of work experience; I currently have a little less than 2 years under the belt.

I have a full ride to UTD right now, but since I'm trying to break into the investment industry, I think the student loans I'd need to take on for Rice would go a long way towards reaching my goals.

Pretty nervous now that we're in the 11th hour, but I'm sure there are still a couple spots open so I wish you luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Posting an update:

I was accepted from WL on 5/19 and given a weekend to make my decision. I'm now matriculating for class of '19!! :-D See you soon fellow cohorts!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gillyelephant wrote:
Posting an update:

I was accepted from WL on 5/19 and given a weekend to make my decision. I'm now matriculating for class of '19!! :-D See you soon fellow cohorts!

COngrats! How do you think you were able to get off the waitlist? From the look of things, it looks like they have pretty much wrapped things up so I'm already planning to try to re-apply next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Kudos
jsheu wrote:
gillyelephant wrote:
Posting an update:

COngrats! How do you think you were able to get off the waitlist? From the look of things, it looks like they have pretty much wrapped things up so I'm already planning to try to re-apply next year.

Thank you :) It's definitely been a wild journey to get here.

I called in to see if there was any possible way to improve my application. They gave me tips on adding information to my application essay (such as why did I want to attend Rice, explain gaps in my resume, how is my work experience relevant to what I want to do, any extracirriculars that I'm partaking in, etc.). I think the additional information I provided definitely helped bump up my application and showed that I was truly invested in going to Rice.

From my memory, the email sent out said June 1st was the last day they would send invites out. Hope you hear good news from them!
Any updates received for waitlisted candidates as June 1st was the last day communicated by them for final offers. ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
WaitingSurprises wrote:
Any updates received for waitlisted candidates as June 1st was the last day communicated by them for final offers. ?

Nope.

I wondered about that too. May be over the weekend!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
very strange - Still no update!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
VarunKhurana171984 wrote:
very strange - Still no update!!!

I had the very same question and concern.
So, I asked the school and next day, without replying to my email, they updated my decision on the portal. And the decision was: Rejection!!!!
If you didn't receive any update, chances are it is not a positive result.
I'd say ask them. Whats worse going to happen? Either you don't hear them from ever or you hear from them with a nay - same wine, different bottle anyway.

Against all odd, I'd wish you the best though.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73000 [0]
Given Kudos: 18906
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Jones DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 45 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q45 V44), Industry: Real Estate, WE 84, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 51 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.07, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 52, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73000 [0]
Given Kudos: 18906
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Jones Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Jones Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Jones Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Jones Forum to dive into all things related to Jones's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts