Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 17:24 It is currently 13 May 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
reddy10d wrote:
theripper wrote:
Any idea if interview invites have been sent ?

The application confirmation mail from Wharton said that invitations would be sent on October 28 by 5:00 PM ET.
Its unlikely that the invitations will be sent in the days prior to the mentioned date.

Ah Gotchya! Think I missed that mail.

Best of luck to everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
Does anyone know from past experiences how much time people who will be called to an interview will have to have the group dynamics scheduled?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Got update

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Invites are out!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Congrats everyone that got interviews! I remember this exact moment last year and how exciting and humbling it was to get the invite. I'd recommend you try to schedule a coffee chat to learn more about Wharton (https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/register-coffee-chats/) or even check out my video on MBA interviews (see my signature). Good luck everyone!

Originally posted by DesireLive on 28 Oct 2020, 09:24.
Last edited by DesireLive on 28 Oct 2020, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
To those who were invited,
Congrats guys!
Wish you the best for future rounds. I hope you guys find yourself in philly next year!

To those who weren't,
It is tough to deal with rejection, but congrats on submitting a great app to one of the best b-schools in the world!
Wish you the best for your other apps and future professional career!
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Fortuna Admissions
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congrats to all invited to interview! You are welcome to join us for an unparalleled opportunity to practice for your Wharton TBD. Interact with other candidates in a simulated group interview session, moderated by a former MBA Admissions Director at Wharton. Then fine tune your TBD performance and prep for the one-on-one interview component directly with a Fortuna expert coach.

https://fortunaadmissions.com/services/ ... view-prep/
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to everyone who got the interview invites! Following is a Wharton mock TBD we have done last year. You can also find some tips to ace the Wharton TBD. If you are done with your TBD, I request you to add your TBD experience in the following link. https://gmatclub.com/forum/wharton-188/ ... brief.html

Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Fortuna Admissions
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
If anyone is looking for last minute Wharton interview prep, we have a couple of spots left in tomorrow's mock TBD sessions. You'll interact with other candidates in a simulated group interview session, moderated by a former MBA Admissions Director at Wharton. Then you will fine tune your TBD performance and prep for the one-on-one interview component directly with a Fortuna expert coach.

https://fortunaadmissions.com/services/ ... view-prep/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Poets & Quants article on Wharton employment report:

After two years of steady gains, the median salary for Wharton MBA graduates remained flat at $150,000 this year, according to the school’s just-published 2020 employment report. That’s a big change from last year when Wharton’s 2019 graduates had reported significant gains in median salary, a $15,000 bump from $135,000 in 2018 to the $150K mark.

But while salaries remained steady in a coronavirus-plagued year, Wharton’s overall employment rate dipped a bit. Of 681 graduates seeking employment, 637 received a job offer three months after graduation, for a rate of 93.5% — down four and one-half percentage points from 98% last year. Some 91.6% reported accepting a job offer, also down from last year’s rate, which was 93.0%.

Wharton’s employment report is skimpy and late. It lacks the transparency shown by many of its peer schools and has been made public nearly a month later than usual. Last year, for example, the school’s employment report was made public on Oct. 23. More substantively, however, Wharton failed to disclose sign-on bonuses or what percentage of the class received them. The school also failed to include job offer and acceptance rates at graduation, preferring only to provide a more positive look at employment three months after commencement. Wharton also did not report on “other compensation” that is guaranteed to new MBA hires in their first year of employment.

The school also did not share the list of the largest employers of the class, preferring to list 65 companies that hired two or more graduates. That list includes many of the larger mainstream MBA employers, including the big financial players Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, J.P Morgan, Blackstone, and BlackRock; big tech companies Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft; and global consulting firms McKinsey, Bain and Boston Consulting Group. But it also includes such firms as Spotify, TicToc, and DoorDash.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools: Cambridge '22
Send PM