Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
AWAx   
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [85]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [15]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 288
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Re: GMAT AWA Template To Score 6.0. My scores - GMAT 1: 6.0 ;GMAT 2: 6.0 [#permalink]
Kudos
Thank you for your post

I have a question about the template. Did you only write new words in the gaps?
Or the words at template were replaced by new words in the awa?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [2]
Send PM
Re: GMAT AWA Template To Score 6.0. My scores - GMAT 1: 6.0 ;GMAT 2: 6.0 [#permalink]
Kudos
eysh wrote:
Thank you for your post

I have a question about the template. Did you only write new words in the gaps?
Or the words at template were replaced by new words in the awa?

Thanks

Hi,

I did not understand your question precisely but from what I gather - I used the template to define the structure of the essay and then filled in the gaps based on the topic given.
If you see the template, then you will find that the last para has no gaps and all the endings on any individual paragraph are fixed.

Does the above ans help? If not, please specify your question, and I will give a more succinct answer. Also, please go through the sample essays I have attached in the post above to see the usage of the template; maybe those usages will help in clearing your doubts.

Best wishes,
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

Thanks for your reply!
I meant to ask if you only filled new words in the gaps? because in the sample essays the words in the templates change from one to the other.

Lets take for example the following para from your template:

"Additionally, the author claims that__________. This claim is again very weak and unsupported as the argument demonstrates no correlation between ____ and _____. The author fails to provide any basis for drawing the comparison between the two. Moreover, by not limiting the scope of the comparison to few relevant points, the author has left the door too far wide open for any objective person to draw his or her conclusion regarding this claim."

Did you only add new words in the gaps and all the rest stayed generic or did you also change some of the words written in structure with context from the topic? same goes for all of the other paragraphs

Thank you for taking the time to answer me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
eysh wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for your reply!
I meant to ask if you only filled new words in the gaps? because in the sample essays the words in the templates change from one to the other.

Lets take for example the following para from your template:

"Additionally, the author claims that__________. This claim is again very weak and unsupported as the argument demonstrates no correlation between ____ and _____. The author fails to provide any basis for drawing the comparison between the two. Moreover, by not limiting the scope of the comparison to few relevant points, the author has left the door too far wide open for any objective person to draw his or her conclusion regarding this claim."

Did you only add new words in the gaps and all the rest stayed generic or did you also change some of the words written in structure with context from the topic? same goes for all of the other paragraphs

Thank you for taking the time to answer me

Hi,

No need to say thank you, I am happy to respond and assist.

I would more often than not, try only to fill in the gaps and not introduce any new sentences. The circumstances would sometimes force me to add a few sentences or change the structure a bit, but even in those situations, I would always keep the concluding statement of each para as it is in the template. These steps helped me to minimise the number of changes. Please have a look at the type of flaws documents as well; it details the structure for writing a description for few more types of flaws in case they are present in the given question.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos