Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [8]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
He was in Mumbai last week so I just reached out to him. Rendering the file seems to take really really long. Hopefully it will be on YouTube in a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Damn mumbai is big though. how did you figure out where he was. Oh well, would love to see the video.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Here is my conversation with Sudershan: Hope it helps some of you.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Hey all,

Figured I'd throw a line on here - planning to apply to Tuck in round 1 coming up. Just had a visit out to Hanover, was a blast and I loved the campus. I'd encourage all interested to go visit as well. I saw mentioned that Hanover is expensive for lodging, take a look at the local air bnb's, they're very reasonable. Looking forward to getting to know some of you through the process!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Drowsypirate wrote:
Hey all,

Figured I'd throw a line on here - planning to apply to Tuck in round 1 coming up. Just had a visit out to Hanover, was a blast and I loved the campus. I'd encourage all interested to go visit as well. I saw mentioned that Hanover is expensive for lodging, take a look at the local air bnb's, they're very reasonable. Looking forward to getting to know some of you through the process!

Nice. Did you attend a class? How was the experience? Do share please! And are you going back for the self-initiated interview?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Drowsypirate wrote:
Hey all,

Hey bud. Nice to hear that. I am going on July 28th . Any pointers for me ? and when i was looking at airbnb's there's nothing nearby.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Kudos
mbsingh wrote:
Drowsypirate wrote:
Hey all,

Hey bud. Nice to hear that. I am going on July 28th . Any pointers for me ? and when i was looking at airbnb's there's nothing nearby.

Take a look in Lebanon NH, it's about 10 minutes south of Hanover.

There's also the Hanover inn which is right in town and right across from the campus. (This is a traditional hotel)

I went to check out a few things I'm personally interested in, such as the dartmouth ski way. Try reaching out to some of the clubs and maybe there might be someone local. Most will be gone on summer internships until early August.

In response to Souvik: I don't believe the self-initiated interviews are live yet and there weren't any classes going on. I did speak with an admissions officer though - and I plan on going back for the self-initiated in the near future.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Drowsypirate wrote:

Take a look in Lebanon NH, it's about 10 minutes south of Hanover.

There's also the Hanover inn which is right in town and right across from the campus. (This is a traditional hotel)

I went to check out a few things I'm personally interested in, such as the dartmouth ski way. Try reaching out to some of the clubs and maybe there might be someone local. Most will be gone on summer internships until early August.

In response to Souvik: I don't believe the self-initiated interviews are live yet and there weren't any classes going on. I did speak with an admissions officer though - and I plan on going back for the self-initiated in the near future.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks man, booked a hotel in West lebanon. I have sent messages to quite a few current students, lets see if anyone is around.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Reason i like Tuck.

So i sent out Linkedin messages to current students to see if anyone is willing to show me around and answer my questions before the official Tuck summer visit. Sent messages to 9 people and in less than 3 hours, received responses from 6 of them. 3 of them are out of town and gave me number for someone who is at Tuck next week. And other 3 are more than willing to meet up after work or even on the weekend. Honestly i have my doubts now, am i nice and accomodating enough to be a Tuckie :S . But truly hats off to the responses so far.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Also a T'19, if anyone has any questions please feel free to message me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
PsychGuy17 wrote:
Also a T'19, if anyone has any questions please feel free to message me.

Sweet. Can you possibly share your application experience and your profile. Or if you have already, could you link the post here.

Tuck verdict - 8 out of 9 students have contacted me back on Linkedin already and offered help in some way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
Send PM
Are there any statistics regarding number of accepted students who did the self initiated interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I absolutely love the vibe and family-friendliness at Tuck, but I'm wondering if my chosen field will well-received there. Anyone else interested in applying to Tuck with a goal of environmental sustainability?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
mridulm1812 wrote:
Btw guys, Just wondering how does the applicant initiated interview system work? Are you supposed to schedule it after you submit your application or are the two things independent? Any idea?

Totally independent.
I interviewed in 3rd week of September and applied in November.

On the other note, even if you don't apply, just go there and meet them. For the experience of meeting them, interview and to try it out for self.
One tip: Accommodations around Hanover is expensive. You can choose a place in the outskirts of Boston - I am quite sure that is where you'd fly out to. It is about 2 hours drive and they also have shuttles - check times and all.

Hi Hiren,

Did you hear back from Tuck on your WL status? One thing that I have seen people caution against is interviewing too early, even before you have framed your stories and goals. What do you think about that?

I hope you got good news from Hanover. If you haven't though, will you consider reapplying?

That's where I went wrong. I interviewed too early, didn't have my story straight, and didn't realize how much I would LOVE Tuck & how intimidating that can make the interview process. I went in there expecting to rooster strut, and came out like a deflated balloon. Not this year!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

Announcement

Hi Everyone, We are thrilled to announce that GMAT Club has partnered with Tuck Admissions to conduct live chat sessions and webinars for Tuck aspirants on our forum. There will be 6 chat sessions and 2 webinars in this application season in which members from Tuck Admissions team will dialogue with prospective applicants in GMAT Club Chat Room/webinar platform and answer their questions about admission process. We will post details of the first chat session very soon. You can see complete chat/webinar calendar here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
AnnouncementLive chat With Tuck Admission Director

Tips for Developing a Successful Application Strategy

Through everyday encounters with people who inspire you, global experiences that expand your horizons, and activities that connect you to our community for life, Tuck offers an education as individual as each of its students.

Join us in the GMAT Club chat room for an opportunity to learn more about how Tuck can be a part of your success story.

When:

Tuesday, August 8th, 2017; 9 am Pacific Time (12pm EDT, 9:30pm IST)

Link:

GMATClub Chat Room

Add this event to your Google calendar:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [5]
Send PM
Kudos