GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 22:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2019, 21:19
Hello everyone!

Below are my details :-
Indian Male, 28 years
6+ years of experience in IT industry (3+ Years in US), also working as product officer of an Education based startup(friend's startup) in India. (we expect to obtain a funding of 1 million USD by August this year).
On the basis of my job performance I was sent to work in US for client with just 3 years of experience, which is an achievement considering the large team size with much experienced colleagues.
I also have a lot of quantifiable business related achievements under my belt, relating to profit generation and dollar savings.

Education Background : B. Tech. (Computer Science), CGPA : 7.52(Tier-2 college in India), 10th - 86.66%, 12th - 84%

Extra-curricular Activities : Involved in a lot of CSR related activities. Also volunteered in a students initiated program during college days whose objective is to extend basic education to the under-privileged children of the nearby villages.
Target Schools : Darden, Ross, Fuqua, Haas, UCLA, Kellogg MMM, MIT, McCombs,Tepper, Foster,Cornell and NYU
MBA goal : To get into product management and work for a top-notch firm as Product Manager and then focus on my start-up afterwards.

Verbal Score : 37, Quant score : 49, Total Score : 710

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know if I have a shot at any of these above mentioned target schools.

Thank You.
--Cyberjunkie.
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2019, 12:11
Hi cyberjunkie1234,

Thank you for your post. There are definitely some nice features to your profile, including your three years of international experience in the U.S. (look for opportunities to unpack that, the challenges, what you learned, etc. in your resume and essays, and possibly consider whether you can pull a recommender from that time period); the seemingly successful startup experience (again, unpack the value of that experience, what you've done, what you've learned, how you grew, whether you stepped outside your comfort zone, etc.); and the apparent relevance of your experience to your future goals (at the same time, make sure the specificity of your goals, why you need an MBA to achieve them, and how each school uniquely enables you to fill those gaps is all further developed, in line what I've written about in this blog post... I'd also work on developing your medium- and long-term goals).

Beyond doing a great job conveying all of the above (and more) via your resume, essays, recommendations, and interviews, the more "black and white" challenge for you right now rests with your GMAT score, particularly when applying from such a crowded and competitive national and professional demographic. Indian applicants with a 710 GMAT score have roughly a 2% acceptance rate across the entirely of the U.S. top 20; as you might imagine, that rate is even lower among M7 and T10 type schools. If you want to be competitive in the T15, then I would target a 740+. I know that's easier said than done, and 710 is a very good score, but that's the reality of the admissions landscape when applying from such a crowded and competitive demographic (and alongside a lower-ish GPA from a Tier 2 school). At present, your best potential "shots" would lie with the likes of Tepper, McCombs, and Foster, but even then, I'd rather see you improve your score first, and real chances at those schools would still depend heavily on superb application execution (in line with my previous comments).

If you have any questions or would like to discuss these topics further by phone (and begin to develop an understanding of how to think about your story, goals, and application-related elements), please feel free to sign up for a Free Consultation via this link: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html. I hope we have the opportunity to chat and I wish you the best of luck!

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2019, 12:11

PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep