Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:02 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [Indian Female, 710 GMAT] [#permalink]
dchaurasia1992, SRM does have a good pedigree. I presume the 3.8 is a converted number? Don't do that unless explicitly asked for.

The peer group pedigree will help a lot - make sure to leverage that correctly. The onsite stints will help a lot too.

Overall, I'd say that barring the GMAT, the profile looks to be in a solid shape.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Profile evaluation [Indian Female, 710 GMAT] [#permalink]
dchaurasia1992 wrote:
Hello.

I would be grateful if you could critique my profile for LBS, Oxford, INSEAD, Harvard and MIT. According to WAMC : Oxford is above average, MIT is average, Harvard/LBS below average, and INSEAD is very low.

Background and nationality :
Indian - Female (Slightly overrepresented)

Undergrad Information : Silver medalist from one of the top private universities in India (Mechanical with specialization in Nuclear Science) GPA- 3.81

GMAT: 710 [ Q50, V36 & IR 5 ]

Work experience and leadership

Total of 7.5 years of work experience in the field of analytics. Working as a business development analyst at FAANG for ~3 years. My work has directly impacted >$100M worth revenue for the company. In total I have received ~40 awards for my work and collaborations, of these 3 have been global awards.

Community and others
● Delivered a Guest Lecture to 125+ students at one of the top private MBA college in India
● Data Visualization faculty at the FAANG company I work for. There are only 14 Data Visualization faculties globally in the company
● Active LGBTQIA+ ERG member. Won third prize at national DEI hackathon
● Have led several NGO - FAANG collaborations and outside work NGO collaborations at local level impacting >1000 lives monthly
● Led culture pillar for the team at FAANG
● Similar NGO experience during college

Post MBA goals
Short term - Pivot to product management to understand what makes or breaks a product
Long term - Build products which cater to audience beyond the metros

Anything else?
First gen engineer. I have LORs from global lead and another from a celebrated HBS alumni.

Thank you for reading through this.

Hi dchaurasia1992 hope this finds you well

Impressive profile overall! I think you would be a strong fit for the European schools on your list because

A. The number 1 criteria for evaluating applicants is the growth trajectory
With 7.5 years of work experience in analytics, you sure would have navigated your career conscientiously over the years to be in a FAANG company. If you project an upward trajectory reflecting on your career decisions and achievements, you surely would impress the adcom on this aspect.

B. The 2nd most important criterion for evaluating applicants is employability.
You come from a feeder brand. Since you have prior connections in the UK job market which is the target market for most Indians studying in Europe, you show immense promise on this aspect.
Bonus tip: Getting stellar recommendations from senior colleagues in the UK office showcasing interest in having you back at FAANG in a leadership role can be your ticket to LBS, INSEAD and OXFORD

C. International Experience
You check this box as well since you have worked very closely with FAANG teams in other geographies.

D. Above average ECs in the Indian demographic

Harvard and MIT with a 710 can be a stretch. For the other M6 you may have to consider retaking GMAT, but not saying it is impossible to get in with a 710. Kellogg should be a likely target if considering the M6 in US. In the US top 10, you should consider Ross and Berkeley Haas as well.

Best wishes :)
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dchaurasia1992,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Good to hear from you. After examining your profile, we would like to highlight a few points. Considering your academic performance, being a silver medalist with a GPA of 9.5 from a top university will help you in your application. Your GMAT score is quite good, but being from the overrepresented pool, if you can increase your score by 20 points, it will help you maximize your chances.

On the work front, 7.5 years of work experience is quite impressive. Your work, which has directly impacted >$100M worth of revenue for the company, should be highlighted. It exhibits you as a high-performing individual. Awards, especially global ones, add weight to your profile. International exposure obtained while working is a boon to the application. Your work experience should highlight the career trajectory, impact, and leadership roles.

Talking about your extracurricular and social activities, your association as a faculty at FAANG, delivering guest lectures at top MBA schools, and being an active LGBTQIA+ ERG member will bring diversity to your application. Being clear with your post MBA goals will help you narrow your search for colleges. Considering your goals, INSEAD, LBS, and MIT Sloan appear to be the right choices. A strong LOR will add weight to your application.
Overall, your profile seems good. However, we would like to know more about your work experience to gauge your chances better. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further help you with shortlisting MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Let's prepare a 2-month action plan for Round 1

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

dchaurasia1992 wrote:
Hello.

I would be grateful if you could critique my profile for LBS, Oxford, INSEAD, Harvard and MIT. According to WAMC : Oxford is above average, MIT is average, Harvard/LBS below average, and INSEAD is very low.

Undergrad Information : Silver medalist from one of the top private universities in India (Mechanical with specialization in Nuclear Science) GPA- 9.5/10 from SRM University

Total of 7.5 years of work experience in the field of analytics. Working as a business development analyst at FAANG for ~3 years. My work has directly impacted >$100M worth revenue for the company. In total I have received ~40 awards for my work and collaborations, of these 3 have been global awards.

I work with the UK and Ireland business. I have worked onsite from London and Dublin for ~1month and attended conferences in the USA and Singapore.

Community and others
● Delivered a Guest Lecture to 125+ students at one of the top private MBA college in India
● Data Visualization faculty at the FAANG company I work for. There are only 14 Data Visualization faculties globally in the company
● Have led several NGO - FAANG collaborations and outside work NGO collaborations at local level impacting >1000 lives monthly

Post MBA goals
Short term - Pivot to product management to understand what makes or breaks a product

Anything else?
First gen engineer. I have LORs from global Director and another from a celebrated HBS alumni.

Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
dchaurasia1992 wrote:
Hello.

Undergrad Information : Silver medalist from one of the top private universities in India (Mechanical with specialization in Nuclear Science) GPA- 9.5/10 from SRM University

I work with the UK and Ireland business. I have worked onsite from London and Dublin for ~1month and attended conferences in the USA and Singapore.

Community and others

Post MBA goals

Anything else?
First gen engineer. I have LORs from global Director and another from a celebrated HBS alumni.

While 7.5 years of your WE concerns me a bit, some of your career trajectory can also justify it. From my work with 100s of Indian applicants, I also believe you have strengths in your profile that may not have come out well. From the info from your question however, I am very confident you can be strong enough for some top schools (including some M7, though Harvard, Wharton, Stanford are overreach). As a consultant, I have scored 97%+ success with Indian candidates (typically the most competitive pool). Let me know if you feel the need to refine your career goals, stories and your application.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
dchaurasia1992 wrote:
Hello.

Community and others

Post MBA goals

Anything else?

Hello dchaurasia1992,

Thanks for writing in.

Barring your GMAT, the rest of the profile looks very strong, indeed. So, if you have decided that you will not be re-attempting the test, it is time to just focus on everything else you can control without really bothering about your chances per se. Your essays must focus on your leadership experience, international exposure, awards, and extra-curricular activities, showcasing how you don't just stand to gain from the MBA but also actively contribute to the program and peer group.

Would definitely recommend having a couple of more practical options in your target shortlist as all your current options are fairly aggressive.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot