GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2017, 12:01
Hi All,
I gave my gmat Saturday and got 690 ( Q48 , V37) IR 7 .
About me, I have a bachelors in Biotechnology first class with distinction from university of Pune.
I then came to pursue my MS bioinformatics at NYU school of engineering and graduated in 2012 with 3.9 gpa.
During my MS, I worked as a Teaching assistant for graduate level analytical chemistry classes.
Also, I did an internship at Nathan kline institute as a data analyst from Jan 2012- may 2012. After that I did my summer internship as molecular data profiling intern at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in Tarrytown, NY.

I started my first Full-time position from August 2012 as a Bioinformatician in a lab at harvard medical school in Boston . I worked on expression profiling and data analysis for brain tumor. I worked there from aug 2012-Dec2013.
After that, I have been working at partners healthcare in boston as Bioinformatician 1 ( Recieved 2 Promotions) . I work on analysis of sequencing data for both patients and large NIH funded consortium studies to find novel mutations for different genetic disorders. I have published 6 peer reviewed papers during my time here in high impact journals . I was also selected to give a lightning talk and present my poster at sanger Institute in cambridge, UK.

I have been working as a volunteer technology consultant for the past 2.5 years at Escne which is a non profit firm dedicated to help and provide services to other non profits that cannot afford companies like BCG etc. Also, I volunteer from last 1.5 years at Soccer without borders where I teach soccer to under 11 kids most of them are refugees as well as try to teach them conversational english. Goal is to make them feel welcome and make sure they have fun while learning something. I am now part of the development committee there to organize new fundraising events and seek sponsors to maintain our program.
Extra-Curricular- I played soccer for university for 4 years during my Bachelors.
These are the schools that I am trying to target/reach . Kindly let me know your thoughts on which I should be aiming for ( my goal is to trim this list to 6-7 schools)

NEU - Safe
Babson - Safe
BC Carroll - Safe
Questrom BU - Target
Tepper - Target
Fuqua - Target
Cornell - Target
Kenan Flagler - Target
Judge - Target
HEC Paris - Target
Tuck - Reach
MIT - Reach
ISB - Target

Thank you in advance.
Himanshu
Vantage Point MBA Co-Founder
S
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2017, 20:31
Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for reaching out! Congrats on taking the GMAT! Was this your first attempt? Assuming you don’t plan to retake it, it must feel nice to be able to forge ahead with the next steps in the application process. You’ve certainly had a unique career path for someone pursuing an MBA so my first question to you is “why MBA?” And what do you hope to do post-MBA job-wise? Those will be two very important questions that you’ll want to answer in your applications given your profile.

Without knowing what you hope to do after business school, it’s a bit tough for me to help you with school selection since fit is such a big part of that process. I think in general, you’ve labeled the schools on your list correctly and I would recommend taking a balanced approach (1-2 reach, 2-3 target, and then maybe 1 “safer” program). However, all of these schools are competitive and your overall story and goals will be an important aspect in terms of putting you in the running at any of them. So my advice is to do the work in defining what your priorities and objectives are for the MBA first, and then finding schools that align with that.

I hope that helps! Best of luck to you! Let me know if I can answer anything else.

Best,
Melody
Request an initial consultation!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 06 Jul 2017, 20:31

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap