GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 16:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2015, 05:02
Hi, Can any one share their inputs on the cover letter? What is the expectation and what has been your experience?
Manager
Manager
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 17:59
If one wants to apply to Queens,then what is the best time to take GMAT ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 04:36
Hi, I'm going to have the formal interview through Skype tomorrow. Have confirmed there would be one interviewer from the Admission ofc and the other from career ofc. Any tips/advice/experience sharing would be appreciated. Really want to join your guys there in Kingston next Jan. thanks a lot!!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 06:14
manishbhusal wrote:
If one wants to apply to Queens,then what is the best time to take GMAT ?

As early as you can. Try to do it before round 1 deadline as they got good scholarship funding in round 1 and then it becomes a lot worse in the latest round.

Or...if you're super rich and don't care about money, then take it as late as you can so you will be more prepared and do better.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2015, 06:57
Good morning everyone,

Congrats to the incoming Queen's MBA class of 2017 for making the best decision ever!

My name is John Paul de Silva and I'm a highly engaged/involved 2010 alum. Although I'm based in the Toronto area, you'll often see me around Goodes Hall as I guest lecture in the Commerce program and attend conferences throughout the year.

Another reason I love getting to know each class is that I run a company called Social Focus Consulting which provides outstandingly innovative marketing strategies to non-profit organizations. All of our consultants are Queen's MBA and Commerce students which lets non-profits tap into our knowledge of social media, youth engagement, and strategic business thinking. We've been recognized by the Globe & Mail as one of Canada's 10 most remarkable small businesses (among 120+ nominations) and have been featured by Sales Force as an innovative company.

I look forward to meeting you all in January or sometime soon thereafter and helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. Until then, let's connect on Twitter (@JP9deSilva and @goSocialFocus) or message me if you'd like to connect on Facebook. You can also e-mail me any questions at JohnPaul@SocialFocusConsulting.ca

cheers!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 19:06
Guys, I am applying for Jan 2017 intake and I need help from people who have recently been through the process. Is anybody active here? Will someone help me out? Thanks in Advance.....
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 04:26
shounakjoshi wrote:
Guys, I am applying for Jan 2017 intake and I need help from people who have recently been through the process. Is anybody active here? Will someone help me out? Thanks in Advance.....

Hey buddy, you are on the last year's thread. It might not be as active as this year's. Please join and post here:
queens-mba-class-of-2018-jan-2017-intake-calling-all-applicants-212043.html
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ivey '18, Queens"18
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V50
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 00:36
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and have been thinking of applying to Queens for a FT MBA program. I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question. I have an MBA in Marketing from Cardiff Business School in the UK and I graduated in the year 2001. I have over 17 years of work experience having worked in the media industry in multiple countries including the UK, India, Dubai and Singapore. During these 17 years, I have worked in over 6 companies and have been part of multiple start ups and established businesses.

I am planning to move to Canada as a permanent resident and want to kickstart my career with a Queens or Ivey MBA ( it will be my second MBA) and use the reputation of Queens or Ivey to move to the Media/ Technology consulting space in Toronto.

Assuming that I score a decent Gmat Score ( 650 - 700), do I stand a chance? Someone mentioned that 14 years is considered too many years of experience. So will my 17 years work experience work as a deterrent to my chances for a full time program? I know for sure have a very different profile from the other students since I do not come from an IT or Financial services background.

Kindly let know. Thanks for your time.
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 16:36
johnsyk wrote:
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and have been thinking of applying to Queens for a FT MBA program. I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question. I have an MBA in Marketing from Cardiff Business School in the UK and I graduated in the year 2001. I have over 17 years of work experience having worked in the media industry in multiple countries including the UK, India, Dubai and Singapore. During these 17 years, I have worked in over 6 companies and have been part of multiple start ups and established businesses.

I am planning to move to Canada as a permanent resident and want to kickstart my career with a Queens or Ivey MBA ( it will be my second MBA) and use the reputation of Queens or Ivey to move to the Media/ Technology consulting space in Toronto.

Assuming that I score a decent Gmat Score ( 650 - 700), do I stand a chance? Someone mentioned that 14 years is considered too many years of experience. So will my 17 years work experience work as a deterrent to my chances for a full time program? I know for sure have a very different profile from the other students since I do not come from an IT or Financial services background.

Kindly let know. Thanks for your time.

Hi johnsyk,
I am a current MBA student at Queens and i will be happy to answer your question.

17 years of experience is not a lot for the Queens MBA program. In my class there were a couple of people with more than 15 years of experience. So that should not be a problem at all. Keep in mind that the average age of my class is 29 and since this is a team based program, you will be working together with students younger than you. That will be the case with Ivey as well . Given your experience, an exec MBA is best suited for you but as you are looking to migrate to Canada, the Queens MBA is a top notch program is very well regarded here. There are also many jobs for technology consulting but again with your experience, you would be aiming at a manager or a senior manager level.

Queens from this year have raised their minimum gmat score to 700 for international students. However if you apply really early( since queens has rolling admissions) you could have a good chance at an admit with a score of 680 or so. Most students apply between May to Oct and thats where the competition becomes immense. So i would suggest you to apply early for the program - say in feb or so - to have better chances of an admission.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 00:14
Hi,

I am an Indian presently based in the US, and will mostly join Queen's, matriculating in 2019.

I wanted to get an idea about the on-ground career outcomes scenario for international students out of the program. Hoping somebody could let me know the actual picture.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants ! &nbs [#permalink] 14 Apr 2018, 00:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 50 posts ] 

Queens MBA Class of 2017 (Jan 2016 Intake)- Calling all applicants !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap