GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 21:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 03:18
Hi there,
I have taken the exam date for 15th december,2019.
My current GMAT prep scores are as follows:

1. GMAT prep 1- 670 - Q49, V33
SC errors: 9
CR errors: 2
RC errors:2

2. GMAT prep 2- 670 - Q47, V35
Sc errors: 8
CR errors: 2
RC errors : 1

3. GMAT prep 3 - 680 Q 49, V 33
SC errors:2
CR errors : 4
RC errors: 7

Kindly suggest a plan to push the score from V33 to V 40 in the coming 9 days. I have full time to study.
Bunuel
ScottTargetTestPrep
BenCrackVerbal

Most of the errors in Quant were silly mistakes since the problems from GMAT Prep were a bit different from TTP .
How do I push the Verbal score ? In the last GMAT prep I was bored with the 4 RC passages thrown at me.
All inputs are welcome.

Regards
Aniriddha W. ( male 35, India)
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 18:04
Hi aniriddha,

Improving 7 verbal points in just 9 days is a very tall order. Are you able to give yourself more time to study and then take the GMAT at a later date?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B
Re: Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 04:02
Hi aniriddha,

As Scott mentioned - improving by 7 points could be a tall order but let us try!

Forget focussing on the number of mistakes. The algorithm is such that you might make similar NUMBER of mistakes but get a higher score - because the algorithm also takes the POSITION of your mistakes into consideration. The fact is you are not able to get beyond a particular level (say V 35) the moment GMAT starts throwing questions of a higher difficulty level you are making mistakes i.e. you are not able to solve with your current ability /level.

Here are the basic categories I want you to focus on:

#1) You are probably good at certain topics and perhaps suck at a few. Over the next few days - focus exclusively on the areas that you are not comfortable with. For example, let us say in SC you end up having problems with superficial parallelism then try to solve questions only on that topic. Unless you build your muscle in that area - GMAT is not going to be kind to you. So every time you are making the same mistake - you are getting pulled down. You may be KingKong when it comes to CR but it doesn't matter because SC Parallelism is pulling you down. Get the idea?

#2) Now let us look at the application of the concepts you have studied. How much time are you taking to read the passage? How are you eliminating the options in CR? How are you looking at the intent before applying grammar to SC? These are the things you will face at V35+ - things you don't necessarily need to worry too much about at a V30 level. In my opinion, you need to really relook this part - it is what is stopping you from breaching the 35 point barrier.

#3) Okay let us take the last thing - how are you performing on the actual test? Are you able to do the context switching among the three topics? Are you able to manage time well? How well do you get when you get stuck? Is it an educated guess or do you also resort to blind guessing? This is the OPTIMIZATION bit - that is - with your current level can you squeeze out a few extra points (believe me - it is possible).

I know this is a LOT for you to chew in the next few days but I am sure you will get some clarity. I am giving you some resources that might help:

Webinar on how to score V 40+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeKpK1VM2Ko

Webinar on how to score Q 51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzI9DzxN0lE

5 Strategies for retakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjJ_AyeL524

3 Things to learn from a GMAT 760-scorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyVmhFlliuo

We also provide specific personal tutoring for students who are stuck and not able to get their scores up:
https://www.crackverbal.com/gmat/personal-tutoring/

Hope this helps,

Arun
Re: Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2019, 04:02

Urgent Help needed- Only one week for the exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics