Expressing why a specific MBA program is a fit for your career goals, personality, and more is crucial for a compelling application. But you can’t make your case solely by relying on a school’s website. You need deeper insights and information. A good way to further your research is to attend virtual MBA admissions events for each of your target programs. These offer a convenient and accessible way to gather insights, engage with the community, and make informed decisions about different schools.
In this article, we’ve shared a comprehensive list of virtual MBA admissions events for the top MBA programs as well as several MBA fairs where you can meet multiple schools at once. Note that some programs do not have any upcoming virtual events scheduled at this time and, as such, are not included below; make sure to check your target programs’ websites frequently for newly added sessions.
Also, it is always great if you can make an in-person visit to the campuses of your top choice programs. There simply is no replacement for sitting in a live classroom, feeling the ‘vibe’ of the community, and strolling around the building where you might spend two very transformational years.
That said, here is a list of upcoming virtual MBA admissions events to get your school research started (click the links to jump directly to each school):
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Harvard Business School
- MBA Program & Admissions Virtual Information Session, June 13, 2023, 9:00 – 9:45 AM EDT: A member of the MBA Admissions Office will be hosting this online information session, providing a concise presentation on the HBS MBA experience, admissions process, and available financial aid opportunities. The session will also focus on answering attendees’ questions.
- Q&A with Current HBS Students, June 6, 2023, 7:00 – 7:45 PM EDT: applicants can directly hear from current HBS students as they share their personal MBA journeys. Students will provide valuable insights into their diverse backgrounds, share their unique experiences, and engage in live Q&A to address queries.
- 2+2 Program and Admissions Virtual Information Session: The 2+2 MBA program offered by Harvard Business School (HBS) is for college students who are in their final year of study and have not yet gained full-time work experience. The program allows students to secure their spot in the HBS MBA program, deferring enrollment for two years while they gain professional experience.
Stanford Graduate School of Business
- MBA Program Online Information Session: These 55-minute virtual MBA admissions events are hosted by a Stanford MBA Program admissions officer who will provide a comprehensive overview of the MBA program. During this session, applicants will gain valuable insights into the admission process and financial aid options, as well as have the chance to ask any questions they may have.
- Online Chat with a Student, June 1, 2023, 12:00 – 12:45 PM PDT: Prospects can gain insights into the MBA Program directly from a student perspective. The informal online chat facilitated by a student ambassador is where applicants will have the chance to connect in a small virtual group and freely ask questions about the GSB experience.
- Zoom In On Booth, June 27, 2023, 5:00 PM CDT: admissions staff will provide an initial introduction to Booth’s program and the essential values of The Chicago Approach. This virtual MBA admissions event includes small breakout groups where attendees can ask questions about Booth’s community, academic and career offerings, as well as student life.
Kellogg School of Management
- General Information Session: Programs and Admissions, June 21, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM CDT: admissions officers will discuss the Kellogg MBA program, its curriculum, experiential learning opportunities, and the application process. There will also be a Q&A session where attendees can ask questions about the program and the admissions process.
- Admissions Officer Office Hours, June 8, 2023, 12:00 – 12:45 PM CDT: Join a Kellogg admissions officer for an informal Q&A about our application and selection process, our diverse portfolio of programs, and more. Registrants can stay for the entire session or leave after their question has been answered.
- MMM Program Event: June 21, 2023, 9:00 – 9:45 AM CDT: The MMM Program at Kellogg is a dual-degree program that combines a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Kellogg School of Management with a Master of Engineering Management (MEM) degree from the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University.
- MBAi Program Event, June 13, 2023, 9:30 – 10:30 AM CDT The MBAi program is a dual-degree program that combines a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Kellogg School of Management with a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (MSAI) degree from Northwestern University’s McCormick School of Engineering.
- One-Year MBA Program Event, June 28, 2023, 1:00 – 1:45 PM CDT: The one-year MBA program at Kellogg is an accelerated MBA program that allows students to earn their MBA degree in just one year instead of the traditional two-year program. The program is for students who have already earned a business-related undergraduate degree or have work experience in a related field.
- Wharton MBA Overview Webinar: in these virtual MBA admissions events, attendees can interact with a Wharton MBA Admissions staff member to gain a comprehensive overview of the full-time Wharton MBA Program. The webinar will delve into various aspects, including academics, student life, career prospects, and leadership opportunities at Wharton.
- JD/MBA Virtual Info Session, June 15, 2023, 3:00 – 4:00 PM EDT: The Carey JD/MBA Program is a dual-degree program offered by the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School. It was made for students who want to pursue careers at the intersection of law and business.
- Livestream Information Session, June 7, 2023, 6:30 – 7:30 PM EDT: Visit virtually MIT Sloan’s campus and learn more about the two-year MBA program. This livestream of an in-person event will include a moderated conversation with a student panel and brief admissions overview.
- Full-Time MBA Admissions Office Hours: Discover the unique qualities that set Michigan Ross apart from other top MBA programs in this informal session where you can engage with an admissions officer in a small group setting.
- Check-In With Our Interning MBA Students, July 18, 2023, 7:00 – 8:00 PM EDT: During this session, prospects can gather valuable insights from students representing diverse career interests, locations, and backgrounds. It’s a great chance to gain firsthand perspectives and learn from their unique experiences during their internship
- Full-Time MBA Admissions Chat- Applying through the Consortium, July 25, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM EDT: The mission of the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management is to foster diversity and inclusion in global business education and leadership. Its primary goal is to address the substantial underrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans in these fields.
Yale School of Management
- Admissions Q&A: These live online Q&A sessions are led by a member of the Yale SOM Admissions Committee. They foster a group conversation atmosphere, similar to the experience of an in-person campus visit. Participants are encouraged to actively join the discussion by sharing their audio and video.
- Office Hours with Bruce DelMonico, Jun 13 2023, 9:00 – 10:00 Am EDT: Bruce DelMonico, Assistant Dean for Admissions, will be in this session to address any inquiries applicants may have regarding admissions, the Yale SOM MBA experience, and life in New Haven.
- Mock Application Session: This workshop is led by a member of the Admissions Committee as they assess a mock application to the Full-time MBA program at Stern.
- Application Launch Series: What’s New This Year, June 01, 2023, 09:00 – 09:30 AM PST: Be prepared for the upcoming 2023-2024 Full-time MBA application opening by joining the admissions team for an informative session. Applicants will be guided through the application process and provided insights into the exciting updates for this year, including essay questions and deadlines.
- Application Launch Series: Application Advice from Students, June 08, 2023, 04:00 – 04:45 PM PST: First-year MBA students will be sharing their firsthand experiences and providing expert guidance on crafting a stellar Haas application. These students have successfully navigated the application process in the past year.
- Full-Time MBA Virtual Women’s Coffee Chat, June 12, 2023, 2:30 – 3:00 PM ET: Chats are intimate gatherings for individuals considering Darden as their academic destination. Participants can engage in conversation with an Admissions representative or a member of the Darden community to gain insights into the application process, experience the distinctive case method of learning, and evaluate whether Darden is the ideal match for their aspirations.
- Ask Admissions Anything: Join an open Q&A session and interact with an Admissions Director. Participants’ inquiries will be addressed. Select an “Ask Admissions Anything” session tailored to your preferred MBA program or background.
- MBA Information Session: Explore the Full-Time Two-Year and One-Year MBA programs in detail, discover the application requirements, and engage with an Admission Director who will provide comprehensive answers to inquiries.
UT Austin McCombs
- Intro to McCombs: Full-Time MBA Info Session – Virtual Event, June 1, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM CT: Participate in a virtual information session hosted by MBA Admissions to gain insights into the Full-Time MBA program at Texas McCombs.
- JumpStart’s Path2MBA Virtual Forum, June 15 – June 17, 2023: Designed to provide valuable insights and guidance to individuals interested in pursuing an MBA degree, the forum offers a virtual platform for attendees to interact with admissions representatives from top business schools, gain knowledge about the MBA application process, learn about various programs and their offerings, and receive advice on preparing a competitive application.
- GMAT Club MBA Spotlight, June 13-14, 2023: GMAT Club presents MBA Spotlight, an exclusive event that aims to connect MBA applicants with the world’s top business schools, including Stern, offering valuable insights into MBA programs and the admissions process.
Attending virtual MBA admissions events is important as it allows prospective applicants to gain comprehensive insights into the program’s offerings, culture, and values. These sessions provide an opportunity to interact with admissions staff, faculty members, and current students, enabling a deeper understanding of the curriculum, career opportunities, and the overall fit with their goals.
By actively participating in these sessions, applicants can make more informed decisions, tailor their applications, and demonstrate their genuine interest, ultimately strengthening their candidacy and bettering their chances of admission.
If you’re not sure which event to attend first, don’t worry! We got you. Deciding which event to attend, and thinking about what questions to ask can be overwhelming. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to request a free consultation.
The post Virtual MBA Admissions Events – A Comprehensive List by School appeared first on Vantage Point MBA.