It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 17:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 06:20
Hi Manish,

I just wanted to reach out to you to get some outside perspective on my profile and potential areas of improvement for the admission process. I have read quite a lot of positive reviews of MBA Crystal Ball and I think your team would be able to help me start this process on the right foot.

Background: B.Tech Polymer Engineering and Technology ( Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai erstwhile UDCT)
10th (CBSE)- 89%
12th (CBSE)- 94%
B.Tech (Mumbai) - 67% (First Class) (Not sure what GPA this is. According to information provided during the GMAT exam, it was categorised under 4.0 (out of 5)
Total Experience: 8 years and 10 months
2 years and 10 months in BD and Marketing a German Chemical Company
Achievements:
- Brought in the one of the biggest customers for the Polyurethane Division in BASF, when the team was struggling to bolster sales and maintained business for more than year
- Single handedly organised one of the biggest industry events (on the Phasing out of Fluorocarbons in India according to updates in the Montreal Protocol) for the PU (IPUA) industry on behalf of my company.
- Youngest member of the first Indian ITG (Industry Target Group) for the Construction Industry in the company. Was part of the team (From the Polyurethane team) which developed a proprietary module solution for heat management for the industry.
- Presented a alternative business model/approach to break ground in the plastic water meter market to the chairman of the company, which was taken forward (since after my resignation) to become a specific market focus in itself.
6 years in- Global Consulting and Market Research Firm- Started as a analyst and then moved into team leadership (Team of 13 analysts) and then into global business leadership for the Chemicals team.
Achievements:
- Have been amongst the top 25 employees in the company 4 times in a row (2012-2016).
- 3 of my team members has been awarded the same for each of these 4 years. My group was the only one to have so many amongst the top 25 consecutively for 3 years.
- Handled the biggest business area for 2 years focusing on Chemicals and Materials in Automotive and Construction ( USD ~1M). Was the Youngest Industry Manager in the team.
- Led the analyst team with half the strength to reach 90% of the annual research target
- Best Personal/Team Revenue Contribution- 400K USD
- Led a Transnational team(APAC,US) on a 150K USD Strategy Consulting project with a Fortune 500 Chemical Company successfully

I have given GMAT 3 times in the last 5 years. These are my scores
2011: 580 (Q44, V27)
2013: 660 (Q47, V34)
2017: 730 (Q49, V41)
In 2011, I was not so motivated in getting an MBA after 2.5 years of experience, but I just gave it a shot. In 2013, I did prepare quite decently, but never applied with the score because at the time, my firm pushed me into business leadership, something I thought will give me much more experience than an MBA.

Even though I think I have gained significantly being in these leadership/team management roles, I felt I was learning comparatively less and less as I progressed. I really wanted to broaden my perspective. Strategy and Chemicals are surely part of my core, but I want to diversify into allied roles like product/Brand management or into other industries (FMCG, Automotive etc.). This in brief, was one of the reasons I wanted to pursue my MBA. In order to better my chances of getting into a Top b-school, I gave my GMAT again.

From what I have heard, the adcom takes your latest or highest score, but I had 2 questions regarding this.
1. Will they consider the continuous improvement a positive thing during the application process?
2. Is it necessarily negative for your application when you give the exam multiple times?

Other Achievements:
- Was one of the Music event heads for our colleges first ever inter-college festival and was specifically responsible for organizing the Rock Show , fundraising and marketing for the same. Brought 2 of the India's then biggest bands to perform for us. Footfall for the show was ~2000.

Ongoing:

Presently working with a small NGO to help optimise one of their specific food distribution programs for the mentally retarded/destitute and underprivileged homes. This is however ongoing and I am doing this within my personal capacity as a volunteer since the Founder is related to me.

Other related information-
- Self taught guitarist and played in a band in Mumbai during my college.

Weakness:
1. I am right now on a break for the last 2.5 months mainly due to personal reasons. Even though,I am working with a small NGO right now, its just as a volunteer and not as an employee. Not sure how this will come across after being employed for almost 9 years.
2. Apart from having been the Music Event head during college and a Guitarist, I have really not won any specific awards/certificates outside of work.

Colleges:
IIM A-PGPX, IIMB -EPGP, ISB
HKUST
INSEAD, HEC ( These 2 are my dream schools)
Considering Rotterdam additionally as a safer option
Not really keen on U.S colleges at this point, but would like to have your opinion w.r.t my profile.

Would be really great if you could give me your overall perspective as well.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 00:09
deepakkarthik86 wrote:
Hi Manish,

I just wanted to reach out to you to get some outside perspective on my profile and potential areas of improvement for the admission process. I have read quite a lot of positive reviews of MBA Crystal Ball and I think your team would be able to help me start this process on the right foot.

Background: B.Tech Polymer Engineering and Technology ( Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai erstwhile UDCT)

<<snip>>

Not really keen on U.S colleges at this point, but would like to have your opinion w.r.t my profile.

Would be really great if you could give me your overall perspective as well.

Thanks for the kind words Deepak. A few thoughts and suggestions for you:
  1. The overall profile, especially the consulting gig sounds pretty good. The brand of your employer will also be good to know. Have you quit or just on a leave? If latter, shouldn't be an issue really. For former, read this. In any case, if it has been for an important personal reason, it can be justified.
  2. Dont fret about the GMAT bit - schools takes only your highest score and the trend is good.
  3. On your post-MBA plans, not sure if you've done much research? At least from international programs, it is tough to get into Branding/FMCG areas in general. Make sure you have done enough research on that front. As an experienced candidate also, it'll be tough to do a complete career change.
  4. Given your age/experience level, non-US programs make sense. I would also recommend you to explore the likes of IMD/Judge. In addition, check eligibility for specialized programs such as Sloan Fellows programs - those can be a pretty good fit in general.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 00:44
Thanks a lot Manish. This is really helpful. Appreciate the time you take on this forum. I have included some further comments based on your inputs.

-The overall profile, especially the consulting gig sounds pretty good. The brand of your employer will also be good to know. Have you quit or just on a leave? If latter, shouldn't be an issue really. For former, read this. In any case, if it has been for an important personal reason, it can be justified. ( The brand is Frost and Sullivan. The reason is actually the former,I had to quit work because there was a very serious health issue with a very close family member and I had to devote my entire attention there immediately and since I did not know when the issue was going to be resolved, I chose to leave. Ofcourse I can delve into exact details, but maybe not on a public forum. Is there an major repercussion to the applications that I can expect?)
On your post-MBA plans, not sure if you've done much research? At least from international programs, it is tough to get into Branding/FMCG areas in general. Make sure you have done enough research on that front. As an experienced candidate also, it'll be tough to do a complete career change. (Yes,I have been reading about this and I understand that this is more US Centric? Correct me if I am wrong. Anyhow,I want my core focus to be still on corporate strategy or business consulting. Brand management is sort of a branch out from there. Is this an issue with corp strategy roles/product management roles too? )

Given your age/experience level, non-US programs make sense. I would also recommend you to explore the likes of IMD/Judge. In addition, check eligibility for specialized programs such as Sloan Fellows programs - those can be a pretty good fit in general.
( Thanks for these inputs. I was looking at a few dream schools such as Insead and HEC (between these 2 and LBS and IMD) and did not want to include too many dream schools in the list. That is the reason I did not select IMD,but if there is a specific reason (apart from age/experience) why you thought my profile fit well with IMD,I will look into it. The only reason I kept away from Judge or for that matter Oxford Said was the whole policy situation in the UK. Talking to a few people, I am getting a strong feeling it might be a risk to invest in the UK right now. Ofcourse, please let me know if you think otherwise. I will surely look at the Sloan Fellows Program. Thanks for that too)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 03:28
deepakkarthik86 wrote:
Thanks a lot Manish. This is really helpful. Appreciate the time you take on this forum. I have included some further comments based on your inputs.

-The overall profile, especially the consulting gig sounds pretty good. The brand of your employer will also be good to know. Have you quit or just on a leave? If

<<snip>>

well with IMD,I will look into it. The only reason I kept away from Judge or for that matter Oxford Said was the whole policy situation in the UK. Talking to a few people, I am getting a strong feeling it might be a risk to invest in the UK right now. Ofcourse, please let me know if you think otherwise. I will surely look at the Sloan Fellows Program. Thanks for that too)[/u]

The break won't be a big issue if things are back on track and you get back to the corporate rigmarole soon - don't wait for MBA and let the break become too long if things are ok back home.

Nope, the branding/FMCG bit is not true only for US. Corp Strategy roles too are few and far between.

IMD was more from age/experience perspective - from a fit perspective, can't comment as I barely know the profile. There aren't very many good programs given your constraints and hence the suggestion. I do agree with UK being tricky.

Hope this helps some more.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 06:51
I want to get selected in any of these 1 year MBA programs of India: IIM A,B,C,L,I, XLRI, SP Jain or MDI.

I am working in Reliance group (of Mukesh Ambani) for 10 years in construction as a civil engineer. I was a part of team working on phase 2 of their world's largest refinery (worth Rs 50,000 crores at that time) at Jamnagar, Gujarat from 2007-2009. Other project on which i have worked is DMD Expansion Project (Petrochemical plant) at Dahej, Gujarat worth Rs 15,000 crores. Now, i am working in IDY & CFDV projects in Patalganga, Maharashtra. Company's name is Reliance Corporate IT Park Limited. However, i have progressed only one time in Reliance & that was from GET to Manager in 2008.

Earlier, i have worked in Grasim Industries - Cement Division (a company of Aditya Birla Group) for 1.5 years in cement techno marketing. Before that i was in ICT Pvt. Ltd. in pavement designing.

As for my education background:
B. Tech (Civil Engg.) - 7.77/10 CPI from Aligarh Muslim University
12th - 60.8% (AMU)
10th - 81% (St Thomas, ICSE board)

Kindly, tell what GMAT score should i target and what minimum score can get me into any of the above mentioned programs?
Also, who are the best admission consultants for these Indian programs?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 00:47
kashifraza wrote:
I want to get selected in any of these 1 year MBA programs of India: IIM A,B,C,L,I, XLRI, SP Jain or MDI.

I am working in Reliance group (of Mukesh Ambani) for 10 years in construction as a civil engineer. I was a part of team working on phase 2 of their world's largest refinery (worth Rs 50,000 crores at that time) at Jamnagar, Gujarat from 2007-2009. Other project on which i have worked is DMD Expansion Project

<<snip>>

Kindly, tell what GMAT score should i target and what minimum score can get me into any of the above mentioned programs?
Also, who are the best admission consultants for these Indian programs?

Kashif,

A few thoughts for you to reflect on:

1. The work profile looks different in that it is in a core field. The lack of career progression however could be telling. At your experience range, schools would expect some leadership experience - do you have any? In absence of formal designation change, you will have to articulate the career moves well to show increasing scale etc. It will also be important to understand your post-MBA plans in that context.
  2. You have not mentioned anything on the ECs/Volunteer front - those can be good things in the application.
  3. There is no magic GMAT number, read here. That said, aim well clear of your target school's GMAT averages for better prospects.
  4. We can't really comment about others, but every year, we work with quite a few candidates, including those with similar profile as yours, for the IIM programs so feel free to reach out to us directly on the email in my signature below.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 03:57
Hi ,
I have a low GMAT score of 640 ( tried multiple times but unable to improve) .I want to apply to one year MBA programs but am not sure what options do I have with this score.
I have around 7 years of experience in IT. 4.3 years with an Indian MNC . Currently working in Abu Dhabi,UAE as a Project Coordinator for the implementation of a school management software in an international school.
I am looking for an MBA to accelerate my career in IT consulting and to follow a career path of a Business Analyst.I am searching for programs in India or abroad.
Please let me know if I have some options with this score and how should I proceed from here.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 23:18
arrastra wrote:
Hi ,
I have a low GMAT score of 640 ( tried multiple times but unable to improve) .I want to apply to one year MBA programs but am not sure what options do I have with this score.
I have around 7 years of experience in IT. 4.3 years with an Indian MNC . Currently working in Abu Dhabi,UAE as a Project Coordinator for the implementation of a school management software in an international school.
I am looking for an MBA to accelerate my career in IT consulting and to follow a career path of a Business Analyst.I am searching for programs in India or abroad.
Please let me know if I have some options with this score and how should I proceed from here.

Dear arrastra,

It will be good to understand more details/achievements on your work/personal front to do a more detailed assessment of the profile.

On the point of GMAT, the score is likely to make things tough; even more so given the 1 year constraint. Your best bet would be EU; read here and go from there.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 09:46
Hi Sameer Sir,

It will be really great if you can evaluate my profile and share your expertise on the same.

GMAT : 710 (Q-49, V-37)
Undergrad : One of the top Indian Private University, GPA : 3.5

Work Experience : 2 years till date in Siemens
1. Mentoring and training 2 people on the technology.
2. Implement tasks in sync with Germany and US teams while ensuring proper expectation alignment.
3. Attended company meetings and road map planning of the product in United States. (10 Days)

Volunteering:
1. Led a city chapter of a nationwide NGO which aimed at uplifting the weaker sections of society as a whole for 1 year. Part of this organization as an executive member for 4 years.
2. Currently an member of an international NGO that conducts food drives for needy people and aims at eliminating Hunger.

Extra Curricular Activities
1. Executive member of various organizing committees at college.
2. Finance Head of Societies in College.
3. Part of College Dance Group.
4. Head Boy of Junior School.
5. District level chess player.

Academic Awards:

1. Got merit certificate from CBSE for scoring in 0.01% in Maths and English in class X.
2. Got merit certificate from CBSE for scoring in 0.01% in English in class XII.
3. Received Scholarship for continuously for 4 years in college on the basis of Merit.

What schools should I target for this year? Any other advise for me to improve my profile?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 18

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 55

GMAT 1: 530 Q45 V19
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.45
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 03:37
Hi,

I'm an Indian Male working in Oil & Gas sector in India. More specifically, I work in M/s Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, top Indian company in Fortune 500 list.
For the last 5 years, I'm attached with this company, & have got one promotion also.

I've certain queries regarding my post MBA goals.
Whether we have chance to progress in the same field after getting MBA, if yes, what kind of roles & in which companies shall one refer while selecting schools. Otherwise, if I want to change my career ( I don't have any issues with it), then which profession( job type, specific company) can I link with my past experience?

I see lot of people telling about different type of consulting & marketing jobs, but I'm unable to judge.
Schools generally ask all the applicants to mention specific job & company name in their post-MBA short term goals.

I'm really finding it difficult. Kindly give your valuable advise on this.

Rgds.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 55

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 04:28
This post was
BOOKMARKED
gognakaran wrote:
Hi Sameer Sir,

It will be really great if you can evaluate my profile and share your expertise on the same.

GMAT : 710 (Q-49, V-37)
Undergrad : One of the top Indian Private University, GPA : 3.5

Work Experience : 2 years till date in Siemens

<<snip>>

3. Received Scholarship for continuously for 4 years in college on the basis of Merit.

What schools should I target for this year? Any other advise for me to improve my profile?

Consider the following points gognakaran:

1. The contours of your work sound interesting. It will be important to however understand the core work you do. I am assuming for instance that you are not a full time trainer? The international exposure early in the career would definitely be a plus.
  2. In general, most good schools expect 4-5 years of solid experience (read here why). So ideally, applying this year would be a bit premature.
  3. The Volunteer arc sounds interesting and should definitely help. On the ECs front, it may have limited benefit given the ageing effect.
  4. Finally, the profile building part is relevant only if you decide to wait at least a year. In that case, do check our specific service here.

Cheers,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 04:48
Selfmotivated wrote:
Hi,

I'm an Indian Male working in Oil & Gas sector in India. More specifically, I work in M/s Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, top Indian company in Fortune 500 list.
For the last 5 years, I'm attached with this company, & have got one promotion also.

<<snip>>

I'm really finding it difficult. Kindly give your valuable advise on this.

Rgds.

Thanks for your post Selfmotivated.

The goals question is really at the heart of your application. Ideally, if you've decided to do an MBA, you should already know why instead of trying to feed into some stereotypes out there.

Over the years, we've tried to shed some light on this topic. You may find the articles here, here and here useful to begin with.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 06:46
[redacted]

Last edited by atulsunilanand on 13 Aug 2017, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 03:09
atulsunilanand wrote:
Hi, can you please have a look at my profile?

Education: Mechanical Engg. from BITS Pilani (top 5 university in India) (with a really low GPA)
GMAT: About to give in 2 weeks, but worst case scenario is 710

Work experience:

<<snip>>

I want to ask if I am too ambitious and should include some "safe" schools. Maybe I am stretching myself too thin by applying to a stupid number of colleges.

Consider the following Atul:
  1. Your profile evolution is very unique albeit eclectic. You will have to ensure adcoms follow the logic and it doesn't come across as fickle instead. The uniqueness can be a double edged sword - meaning, if you can contextualize your profile in the business realm, differentiation would be easier for you.
  2. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection I am afraid. The article here may help though.
  3. For European programs, read here. I didn't see any international experience in your profile and can be a bit of an issue.
  4. One, you have to explain why the GPA was low. And two, do not over rely on your different profile to take you home. Whatever may have been the reason, you would be expected to show (rather than tell only) your academic potential. Read here on some potential actions.

Hope this helps some

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 07:28
MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
Consider the following Atul:
  1. Your profile evolution is very unique albeit eclectic. You will have to ensure adcoms follow the logic and it doesn't come across as fickle instead. The uniqueness can be a double edged sword - meaning, if you can contextualize your profile in the business realm, differentiation would be easier for you.
  2. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection I am afraid. The article here may help though.
  3. For European programs, read here. I didn't see any international experience in your profile and can be a bit of an issue.
  4. One, you have to explain why the GPA was low. And two, do not over rely on your different profile to take you home. Whatever may have been the reason, you would be expected to show (rather than tell only) your academic potential. Read here on some potential actions.

Hope this helps some

Cheers,

This is great advice. You've given me a lot of think about.

International experience is a weakness in my profile. I will mention that I spent 5 years of my childhood in Kenya and was involved in the foreign fund-raising efforts of the NGO I spent a year at. Also, I have worked in every corner of India, so that can hint that I am comfortable with working with people of different cultures and languages.

Re: Eclectic profile, I will try to mould my essays to portray my career decisions as logical and planned.

Thank you again.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 07:47
Please evaluate my profile:

X-77.80%(2004)
XII-73.25%(2006)
B.Tech-65%(2006-2010)
PGDM-5.8(2013-2015)

a) Work exp.-3.3 yrs(including pre-MBA and excluding retail family business+live projects)
b) Family business-1.5 yrs(Sept. 2011-April 2013)
c) Live project+internship-6 months in ACC Limited & Schneider Electric(during PGDM)
d) Current organization & designation- Swiggy(food delivery start-up), Area Manager
e) Work exp. till march 2019 will be close to 5.1 yrs(including pre-MBA and excluding retail family business+live projects)
f) Currently working as a core team member with CRY(Child Rights & You) and as a volunteer with GiveIndia

1) Can I show my family business(not a company, but it's an enterprise where Sole proprietor is my father) as work experience while applying? If yes, then what documents could be needed and how can I show it? My business is mostly retail, consisting of a chain of stores in the city. We grew it from a single store to multiple stores and went to online platforms.
2) Considering my low GPA during PGDM, will it be wise to apply to IIMs/ISB, even if I get 700+ in GMAT?
3) I am planning to go for 2019-2020 session. I will be 32 yrs when I join in 2019. I know age will be a drawback, but will it be that big?
4) Should I go for 2020-2021 session?
5) Can I add summer internship(paid) & live project as a work experience?

My biggest headache is whether to show/not show my family business, because if added, this might increase my experience level.
Any guidance would be very helpful.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 05:11
justnishu4u wrote:

X-77.80%(2004)
XII-73.25%(2006)
B.Tech-65%(2006-2010)

<<snip>>

My biggest headache is whether to show/not show my family business, because if added, this might increase my experience level.

Will try to address your queries directly Nishu.
  1. Family business is definitely fine for most schools. Some may need income documents though. It would be ideal to check directly with your target schools on the exact documentation.
  2. The GPA is what it is. There are ways you can work on it though; read here.
  3. Internships do not get counted as part of full time experience; neither do projects if done during your education.
  4. Given the age factor, you should ideally do this sooner rather than later. MBA after 30 is indeed tricky; read here.

Hope this resolves some of your queries.

Cheers,

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 06:05
Thanks for your inputs.
Currently I am 30 yrs old. In any case, I would be 31 while applying(second half of 2018) and 32 yrs, if I join(in 2019). I can't think of getting admitted in 2018 session, since I have planned to give GMAT(preparation is still on) at the end of this year(2017), and my total exp.(excluding business+internship+live project) will be less than 5 yrs by the end of 2017.

MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
justnishu4u wrote:

X-77.80%(2004)
XII-73.25%(2006)
B.Tech-65%(2006-2010)

<<snip>>

Will try to address your queries directly Nishu.
  1. Family business is definitely fine for most schools. Some may need income documents though. It would be ideal to check directly with your target schools on the exact documentation.
  2. The GPA is what it is. There are ways you can work on it though; read here.
  3. Internships do not get counted as part of full time experience; neither do projects if done during your education.
  4. Given the age factor, you should ideally do this sooner rather than later. MBA after 30 is indeed tricky; read here.

Hope this resolves some of your queries.

Cheers,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 23:34
justnishu4u wrote:
Thanks for your inputs.
Currently I am 30 yrs old. In any case, I would be 31 while applying(second half of 2018) and 32 yrs, if I join(in 2019). I can't think of getting admitted in 2018 session, since I have planned to give GMAT(preparation is still on) at the end of this year(2017), and my total exp.(excluding business+internship+live project) will be less than 5 yrs by the end of 2017.

Nishu, the age would mean all the reason to apply sooner. Even if you do it by end of the year, you can try to catch the R2 deadlines. 5 years is quite ok.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2017, 03:26
Dear Team,

Please let me know your feedback on my Profile.

Name : Utsav Jha
Nationality: Indian
Sex : Male

GMAT Score: 680

Education Background:
a. Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (58.6%)
b. Certificate Course on valuations from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
c. Certificate Course on business Finance from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
d. Bachelors of Commerce , Delhi University (55%)
e. 12th Standard (89%)
f. 10th Standard (91.6%)

Work Experience:
- Total 6 Years (post qualification) as at 20 August 2017 (additionally i have also undergone 3.5 years of internship).

Currently working with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu as a Risk Consultant, managing a team of 3

- Started AUKS Associates (during my initial years), a CA Practicing firm

Extracurricular:
- Collaborated/organized people and started Orrizen Foundations to support people in need.

As my GMAT score is not that great, so please let me know your reviews, I will be really thankful to you.

Warm regards
Utsav Jha

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates   [#permalink] 28 Aug 2017, 03:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34    Next  [ 661 posts ] 

Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap