It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 00:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
4 KUDOS received
Consortium Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 100
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2016, 08:13
4
This post received
KUDOS
3
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.67
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 13:55
I have yet received confirmation that Tuck has received my application from the Consortium. I did an initiated interview a while back at the Diversity Conference and not sure if it takes longer because I did so. I also have not received an interview invite from Yale and I am not sure if this is the end with SOM. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 14:33
TF27 wrote:
I have yet received confirmation that Tuck has received my application from the Consortium. I did an initiated interview a while back at the Diversity Conference and not sure if it takes longer because I did so. I also have not received an interview invite from Yale and I am not sure if this is the end with SOM. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!


I interviewed at Women's weekend and just heard back from Tuck today. Maybe give it another week before following up? I haven't heard back from Yale SOM either. There hasn't been a lot of activity on clearadmit so they may be waiting until the next batch.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 114
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 20:23
BackToZero wrote:
alokspa wrote:
Hello guys

Pardon my ignorance
But I dont know about Consortium MBA.
Could you please enlighten me about what it is & about its prospects & application criteria & eligibility criteria

thanks in advance
Alok


This is probably a good place to start: http://cgsm.org/about-us/


Hello

Thanks for your reply
What I gathered its a programme for US Citizen or permanent resident only.
That rules me out
Am I correct?

Regards
Alok
Consortium Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 100
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 01:33
alokspa wrote:
BackToZero wrote:
alokspa wrote:
Hello guys

Pardon my ignorance
But I dont know about Consortium MBA.
Could you please enlighten me about what it is & about its prospects & application criteria & eligibility criteria

thanks in advance
Alok


This is probably a good place to start: http://cgsm.org/about-us/


Hello

Thanks for your reply
What I gathered its a programme for US Citizen or permanent resident only.
That rules me out
Am I correct?

Regards
Alok


You're correct. You'd be ineligible if you are (I presume) an Indian citizen living in India with no ties to the US. Also, to get membership, you must have done work to advance underrepresented minorities in business schools/ ranks of corporate management- which may be a challenge for someone living in India.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 14:26
Has anyone heard back from Stern? Have they sent out interview requests? Do you know if they submit the interview requests in batches?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 04:19
Road2MBA wrote:
Has anyone heard back from Stern? Have they sent out interview requests? Do you know if they submit the interview requests in batches?

Thanks!


A few people were invited to Perspectives Interview Day. I am still waiting as well and am not sure if they send out invites outside of the super day.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jun 2016
Posts: 41
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 05:47
I am still waiting to hear back from Stern regarding an interview invite as well. I believe Perspective's weekend is next weekend, someone correct me if I am wrong, so at this point we are probably waiting for individual interview invites if chosen.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 08:48
canders5 wrote:
I am still waiting to hear back from Stern regarding an interview invite as well. I believe Perspective's weekend is next weekend, someone correct me if I am wrong, so at this point we are probably waiting for individual interview invites if chosen.


Yes, Perspective's weekend is Feb 24th & 25th
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:07
For those of us that haven't received an invite from Yale, I went back and did a little research to gauge our chances as of this point in time.

Fact: SOM will continue to invite on a rolling basis through early March

Hypothesis: While the above seems to hold true (evidenced by reported invites through the end of the first week of March of general applicants in past years), I looked back through the Consortium thread of last year (Just 2016, I did not check 2015 or 2014) and it seems like no Consortium related Yale invites were sent after mid Feb. Therefore I tend to think it might be game over for us. They sent a batch of invites of Consortium applicants about a week ago and I think that was our opportunity. :(

If anyone's heard of any consortium related Yale SOM invites late in Feb / early March, by all means reply and debunk my theory! Or if anyone goes back through 2014 or 2015 threads let us know. I'll do this eventually but currently swamped at work and have no more MBA theorizing time left in my budget for the day LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Location: Peru
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.1
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:17
atticus936 wrote:
For those of us that haven't received an invite from Yale, I went back and did a little research to gauge our chances as of this point in time.

Fact: SOM will continue to invite on a rolling basis through early March

Hypothesis: While the above seems to hold true (evidenced by reported invites through the end of the first week of March of general applicants in past years), I looked back through the Consortium thread of last year (Just 2016, I did not check 2015 or 2014) and it seems like no Consortium related Yale invites were sent after mid Feb. Therefore I tend to think it might be game over for us. They sent a batch of invites of Consortium applicants about a week ago and I think that was our opportunity. :(

If anyone's heard of any consortium related Yale SOM invites late in Feb / early March, by all means reply and debunk my theory! Or if anyone goes back through 2014 or 2015 threads let us know. I'll do this eventually but currently swamped at work and have no more MBA theorizing time left in my budget for the day LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum



I got my Yale SOM interview invite on January 17th (sent my application on January 5th), so I asume they may have already read most of the Consortium applications.


On the other hand, I haven't had any news from Tuck (they started reading my application on January 31st) and since I couldn't have a self initiated on-campus interview before the deadline (currently living in Peru) I asume I have been dinged.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:24
Considering Yale SOM sends out CGSM decisions on March 9th, that doesn't leave a lot of time for interviews to take place. Looks like it's going to be a rejection for me as well :(

At least we all have a few interviews in the pipeline!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.33
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 13:29
atticus936 wrote:
For those of us that haven't received an invite from Yale, I went back and did a little research to gauge our chances as of this point in time.

Fact: SOM will continue to invite on a rolling basis through early March

Hypothesis: While the above seems to hold true (evidenced by reported invites through the end of the first week of March of general applicants in past years), I looked back through the Consortium thread of last year (Just 2016, I did not check 2015 or 2014) and it seems like no Consortium related Yale invites were sent after mid Feb. Therefore I tend to think it might be game over for us. They sent a batch of invites of Consortium applicants about a week ago and I think that was our opportunity. :(

If anyone's heard of any consortium related Yale SOM invites late in Feb / early March, by all means reply and debunk my theory! Or if anyone goes back through 2014 or 2015 threads let us know. I'll do this eventually but currently swamped at work and have no more MBA theorizing time left in my budget for the day LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I'd like to think that I'm being realistic rather than pessimistic but I am going to agree with you. Yale was my top choice but at this point I think I'm just going to be grateful for the invitations I received from other schools and do my best on the rest of the interviews rather than keeping my hopes up.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 15:45
just got an email from Yale - rejected :( bummer
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2016
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 15:49
Rejected from Yale too. At least now we know and can focus on other schools!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 18:33
Rejected by Yale through the portal. Smh the least they can do was send an email lol


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 17:22
Yale email today sending me to the Portal. Ding. Oh well, I should've prepared a better application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 07:14
Any updates from Stern? Has anyone else received a request to interview? Also, has anyone been accepted to Stern (specifically, people who applied R2)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 11
Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 23:40
I received an interview invite from Stern today. Applied Consortium Round 2. Also has any Consortium Round 2 applicant heard from Haas? I havent even been able to log into their application portal as it keeps giving me an error when I try to set up a password.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 03:45
ss312 wrote:
I received an interview invite from Stern today. Applied Consortium Round 2. Also has any Consortium Round 2 applicant heard from Haas? I havent even been able to log into their application portal as it keeps giving me an error when I try to set up a password.


I was invited to interview on Feb 2nd. Application went under review on Jan 24th. Haas's portal is a little different where you are given an unique user name. Did you receive an email about that?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 09:41
ss312 wrote:
I received an interview invite from Stern today. Applied Consortium Round 2. Also has any Consortium Round 2 applicant heard from Haas? I havent even been able to log into their application portal as it keeps giving me an error when I try to set up a password.


I haven't heard from Haas. At this point, I think I won't hear from them :(. But I had some issues with their portal so I contacted them because of that and they fixed immediately.
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2017, 09:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  32    Next  [ 628 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.