GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 08:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 12:41
Hello all,

Has anyone heard from Marshall, Haas, or Kelley?

I had my interview with Kelley towards the end of January, but haven't heard anything since then.

I haven't heard anything from Marshall or Haas, just confirmations that they received my application.

Thanks!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 12:56
I interviewed with Kelley last week. I haven't heard anything since.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 13:03
For those who interviewed with Tepper, have you received a couple emails regarding a save-the-date for welcome weekend and also one for fellowship applications? Do they send these to all prospective applicants?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 17:32
I just got an invite to interview with Stern on Feb 17th but for dates that are in March (earliest) so def. not the super day. The days to pick for the interview extended all the way out to April (which is weird).

Still haven't heard anything back from Haas - anyone else have any luck? When are they set to send out Consortium decisions? Guess it's getting close, huh?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 18:32
I'm interviewing at Haas this weekend. It's a super day on campus for round 2 applicants so it's not Consortium specific. I received the invite on 2/2.

I've seen invites for Haas go out until the day if the decision deadline on Livewire so I wouldn't look too much into it.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
GPA: 2.9
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 21:54
mglkl wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone heard from Marshall, Haas, or Kelley?

I had my interview with Kelley towards the end of January, but haven't heard anything since then.

I haven't heard anything from Marshall or Haas, just confirmations that they received my application.

Thanks!

Got in at Kelley and didn't heard much from them between the interview and acceptance message.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 13:21
Anyone have any idea when the draft takes place? Don't think that's been discussed yet. I'm headed to my last interview this weekend and I'm so ready for this entire process to be over! lol I've become mildly obsessed with refreshing my email, checking forums, and MBA livewire updates... smh lol
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 13:25
atticus936 wrote:
Anyone have any idea when the draft takes place? Don't think that's been discussed yet. I'm headed to my last interview this weekend and I'm so ready for this entire process to be over! lol I've become mildly obsessed with refreshing my email, checking forums, and MBA livewire updates... smh lol

Draft takes place 3/7. I got that info from an AdCom at a CGSM school
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 13:40
TexasAggie wrote:
atticus936 wrote:

Draft takes place 3/7. I got that info from an AdCom at a CGSM school

Thanks for providing that piece of information. Hopefully we all get good news about membership in a few weeks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 13:55
Just got my Haas invite, there's still hope!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 14:52
chewie7 wrote:
Just got my Haas invite, there's still hope!

Congrats!

Didn't realize draft day was so soon. Best of luck everyone. This forum has been extremely helpful in this process.
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 15:06
Does anyone know how the draft notification works. Does anyone know if your school calls you to let you know or do you just get an email?
Current Student
GPA: 2.9
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 20:01
Speaking of the draft, quite a few people already received some scholarship $. Has anyone received funding from Kelley?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 22:36
Hi guys, I need some advice. I am a Consortium R2 applicant but am currently working in Mumbai. I heard back from NYU Stern with an interview invite, but they told me that while they do send a team to Mumbai, that happens in mid March. So I have the option of either doing a phone interview to be considered for the Consortium fellowship, or I have the option to interview in person later in March, but no guarantee of being considered for the fellowship.

I am quite confused about what to do, as I feel like an in-person interview will give me a much better chance of actually getting in, but then again, I will not have a shot at the fellowship. However, NYU stern was not my first ranked school in my Consortium schools, so not sure if I would even get the Consortium fellowship if I got in there.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 07:14
Tooswolle wrote:
Does anyone know how the draft notification works. Does anyone know if your school calls you to let you know or do you just get an email?

Your school will call to let you know if you've been awarded the fellowship. Then, on an announced date, you will be able to see a letter on the CGSM website detailing your status.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 07:28
ss312 wrote:
Hi guys, I need some advice. I am a Consortium R2 applicant but am currently working in Mumbai. I heard back from NYU Stern with an interview invite, but they told me that while they do send a team to Mumbai, that happens in mid March. So I have the option of either doing a phone interview to be considered for the Consortium fellowship, or I have the option to interview in person later in March, but no guarantee of being considered for the fellowship.

I am quite confused about what to do, as I feel like an in-person interview will give me a much better chance of actually getting in, but then again, I will not have a shot at the fellowship. However, NYU stern was not my first ranked school in my Consortium schools, so not sure if I would even get the Consortium fellowship if I got in there.

Without additional context it will be hard to give you any advice; have you been invited to interview/been interviewed by your top 3 schools? do you feel you have a good shot at any of them? Would you even consider attending NYU if granted admission?

For example, I ranked Darden No. 6 simply because I wasn't nearly as excited about them as I was for the rest of the schools. That said, if they would have invited me to interview (which they didn't), I would have been happy to spend a few hundred bucks for a domestic flight and hotel, but I would have NOT paid thousands of dollars for a transatlantic flight simply because I feel that I have a good shot at some of my other schools and I would be more keen to attend some of them regardless of their current ranking.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 07:31
ss312 wrote:

I may be wrong but I think Stern also conducts Skype interviews? I would do the phone/video conference interview just to get out of the way. Even if you don't get the fellowship, you may still be admitted to CGSM as a member.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 09:23
ss312 wrote:

You've already gotten a few really helpful replies to your query so without being too repetitive, I'll just say if I were you I'd do the phone interview now to have a shot at the fellowship. I, personally, would not wait until after the draft to do an in-person interview as I don't think there's any way you could be awarded the fellowship at that point. Also, I've heard (don't have verifiable stats to present) that NYU usually gives out their fellowships to people who rank them #1/#2. It's in the heart of NYC so it's a very appealing choice for many applicants. If you ranked them say #5, I think it'd be very tough to be drafted for a fellowship.
Current Student
B
Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 13:23
Just received a call from Cornell Johnson, I'm in! super excited for my first admit :D. I applied round 2. No word on fellowship even though I ranked them number 1, so I'm guessing that means it's a no-go on the fellowship offer for me.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 13:37
atticus936 wrote:
Just received a call from Cornell Johnson, I'm in! super excited for my first admit :D. I applied round 2. No word on fellowship even though I ranked them number 1, so I'm guessing that means it's a no-go on the fellowship offer for me.

Congrats!
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! &nbs [#permalink] 23 Feb 2017, 13:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  32    Next  [ 628 posts ] 

Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap