GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 08:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 18:09
I am so happy to know my blog post helped you out and you had a good outcome~! Can you remember/share any additional or new questions that came up that I don't have listed? Good luck bucoloco

bucoloco wrote:
Just finished the video interview! I think it went well because I practiced for 3 hours with my wife using these questions:

https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/07 ... ions-tips/
https://www.aringo.com/insead-video-essay-interview/

Good luck everyone!

I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm a certified life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 18:13
hyrdra123456879
If I were you, I think I would contact my AO and explain you forgot to include an explanation about this. It is fairly normal to keep your plans private but also it's really best/expected for you to address this in the optional essay. Especially if you did not include your supervisor in your recommendations, this really warrants explanation and not doing so might work against you. Especially if this is the case, I urge you to contact your AO to explain you did not know that at the time, and to make a note in your file. Meaning, i hope you can write something up for the adcom to see when they review your app.

hyrdra123456879 wrote:
GovinSA wrote:
hyrdra123456879 wrote:
Just submitted my round 1 app! Fingers crossed!

how'd video interview go?

Haven't done it yet...just practicing.

I'm a little worried..going back through my application..I put "May we contact your employer" as a "no". I haven't told my current manager about my mba endeavours ..but I didn't explain this in the optional essay. I hope this doesn't go against me.

I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm a certified life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 18:22
Hi hyrdra123456879

Thanks so much for providing the questions, very helpful. I will have my assistant update my blog to reflect these.

I found this article a very interesting read re: cultural awareness - might help others

https://www.london.edu/think/cultural-intelligence-why-you-need-it?

hyrdra123456879 wrote:
Just finished the video interview - I fumbled on one of the questions at the end...very annoying,

1) Describe a time when you creatively solved a situation
2) Why is cultural awareness so important in the workplace and in the community

don't remember the others...but there were no "Why INSEAD" type questions

EDIT: 3) How do you challenge yourself at work?

V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 18:46
Not to worry too much gilahrii - the video questions are supposedly include people but not eliminate people. It's kind of like another opportunity to show your strengths if the application is not your forte, I think they're looking out for people who might be better speakers than writers. I mean, this is what they are officially saying but it's a black box on what is actually happening.

But there is no use in worrying. Remember that everyone is up against the same challenges as you re: the extemporaneous speaking.

I just changed my blog with regards to advising you to go with STAR format on this. I've had a recent epiphany, when helping my clients, to simplify the model to problem/solution. For essays, do the full STAR, interviews, get right to the problem.

Ideally, problem/solution will defacto encompass all the elements of STAR (situation/task/action/result). The main thing to remember is it still is extremely important for you to give them context before launching into your actions. What is the pain point that makes your actions relevant? But I think problem/solution is the way to go for interviews so you don't get too overprogrammed.

gilahrii wrote:
I finished my application last night. Feeling relieved but worried that i may have bombed a question or two on the video interviews. Hard to know what is deemed acceptable for video interviews and its weighting on the whole application. My experience is that try to keep an open mind and not try to think too much about STAR format etc. The questions are unexpected and you need to appear natural. Better to have a conversational approach. Keen to hear other people's experience.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2020, 19:24
Thanks ! I sincerely hope it doesn’t get used to exclude from next phase. I believe my remaining application is strong but I took Video interviews a bit lightly in hindsight.
By the way I got an email saying INSEAD is shut down due to Covid19 crisis, so admission deadlines may change.

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Not to worry too much gilahrii - the video questions are supposedly include people but not eliminate people. It's kind of like another opportunity to show your strengths if the application is not your forte, I think they're looking out for people who might be better speakers than writers. I mean, this is what they are officially saying but it's a black box on what is actually happening.

But there is no use in worrying. Remember that everyone is up against the same challenges as you re: the extemporaneous speaking.

I just changed my blog with regards to advising you to go with STAR format on this. I've had a recent epiphany, when helping my clients, to simplify the model to problem/solution. For essays, do the full STAR, interviews, get right to the problem.

Ideally, problem/solution will defacto encompass all the elements of STAR (situation/task/action/result). The main thing to remember is it still is extremely important for you to give them context before launching into your actions. What is the pain point that makes your actions relevant? But I think problem/solution is the way to go for interviews so you don't get too overprogrammed.

gilahrii wrote:
I finished my application last night. Feeling relieved but worried that i may have bombed a question or two on the video interviews. Hard to know what is deemed acceptable for video interviews and its weighting on the whole application. My experience is that try to keep an open mind and not try to think too much about STAR format etc. The questions are unexpected and you need to appear natural. Better to have a conversational approach. Keen to hear other people's experience.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 00:57
I just finished my video interview.
These were my questions.

1) what will you do as a team leader, when a member continuously under-contribute to the team?
2) what is "meaningful life" to you?
3) tell me about when you understand others perspectives, by understanding their culture.
4) what are most important factors for successful entrepreneurship?

Hope it help you all :-)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 01:29
Finished my video interview 4 min before R1 deadline. Here are the questions that were asked:
1. What value in society is important to you? How do you incorporate it in your daily life?
2. 3 characteristics of INSEAD that attracted you.
3. Tell me about an experience living, travelling, studying or working abroad. What was this experience like for you?
4. Your views on shareholder wealth as a measure of success of a company. Can't remember the exact wording of the question.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 03:16
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I am so happy to know my blog post helped you out and you had a good outcome~! Can you remember/share any additional or new questions that came up that I don't have listed? Good luck bucoloco

bucoloco wrote:
Just finished the video interview! I think it went well because I practiced for 3 hours with my wife using these questions:

https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2017/03/07 ... ions-tips/
https://www.aringo.com/insead-video-essay-interview/

Good luck everyone!

Thank you very much, Farell!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2020, 02:42
Is there any way to check if INSEAD has received my GMAT score?

I took it last year and had selected INSEAD as one of the 5 schools to send it to while doing the exam, but I'm not sure if they will be able to match that score report with my application automatically?
ARLee Consulting
G
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2020, 02:49
Hi ks347,

did you already submit your application? If so, you could ask directly your AO.

In any case, I wouldn't worry much about it. If you selected INSEAD as one of the schools to receive your GMAT score, I'm sure they received it and will be able to find it.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 00:58
When do you think is the earliest we'll hear back with respect to interviews? Scanning the other boards, the earliest people heard back was roughly 2.5 weeks after the submission deadline.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 04:29
What are the chances to get an interview call, I am Indian with a gmat score of 710. Total 7 years work experience with 6 years international experience in energy sector.

ARLee Consulting
G
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 14:12
Hi hyrdra123456879,

I'm not sure whether the coronavirus situation will mean a delay in the release of interview invitations, but typically, INSEAD starts sending invitations around 10-14 days before the date stated on their website. Therefore, for Round 1, this could be around March 30th.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 16:30
Any news on the application deadlines being modified due to the corona virus situation?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Jun 2020, 01:58

Originally posted by AragornElessar on 20 Mar 2020, 01:33.
Last edited by AragornElessar on 22 Jun 2020, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
LBS Moderator
P
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 02:38
AragornElessar, your argument for PGDM vs MBA in India is weak. In fact most of the elite Indian institutions offer PGDMs. So if you want to further your career in India, why bother? If however, you want to build an international network to further penetrate the VC/PE market, then yes why not.

On a lighter side -
You asked the question:
Quote:
wanted to run through my profile and gauge my realistic chances.

And you answered, it yourself (bold)
Quote:
Longer term, I want to run my own VC / PE fund but my current profile, while great, is not giving me enough exposure to get to that point.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 03:06
AnirudhaS wrote:
AragornElessar, your argument for PGDM vs MBA in India is weak. In fact most of the elite Indian institutions offer PGDMs. So if you want to further your career in India, why bother? If however, you want to build an international network to further penetrate the VC/PE market, then yes why not.

On a lighter side -
You asked the question:
Quote:
wanted to run through my profile and gauge my realistic chances.

And you answered, it yourself (bold)
Quote:
Longer term, I want to run my own VC / PE fund but my current profile, while great, is not giving me enough exposure to get to that point.

Thanks - not an argument but I was genuinely confused about the acceptability / recognition abroad. Your post clears it. :)
Manager
Manager
S
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 05:04
Hi Linckon,

Honestly, it's impossible to say anything based on the information your shared. It's going to depend on how well you present your application in order to stand out.
INSEAD is evaluates your potential based of the following criteria:
1. Ability to contribute
2. Leadership skills
3. International motivation
4. Academics

Eventually, what matters is how well you connect the dots to present the aforementioned in your MBA application.

Cheers!

Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a call
Linkedin

Linckon wrote:
What are the chances to get an interview call, I am Indian with a gmat score of 710. Total 7 years work experience with 6 years international experience in energy sector.

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 21:02
Is there any confirmation of Insead round 1 admissions deadlines extension? Did anyone start receiving interview calls?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2020, 18:08
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi hyrdra123456879,

I'm not sure whether the coronavirus situation will mean a delay in the release of interview invitations, but typically, INSEAD starts sending invitations around 10-14 days before the date stated on their website. Therefore, for Round 1, this could be around March 30th.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Just curious if they also send admit decisions 10-14 days before the date stated on their website? And do scholarships info come out on the same day with admit decision? Thanks for your insight in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2020, 18:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  75    Next  [ 1483 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: uc26, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach