It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 05:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 20:54
1
This post received
KUDOS
cchang1221 wrote:
For on-campus interviews, do they let you know the details of interviewer in advance?


It doesn't appear so. The registration email says you'll find out your interviewers name the day of. I'm not sure if they may email it to you a bit before or if it's when you get to campus, though.
Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
madgabriel GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.76; WE: 57 months; Venezuela; via Phone
Denied
03 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 760, Q48, V46; GPA: 3.2; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
25 Jan, 2018
Private, GRE: 325, Q166, V159; GPA: 3.6; WE: 48 months; Colombia; via Email
Denied
26 Jan, 2018
Private, via Email
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5040
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 19:42
Those who are preparing for their interviews, do check out the newly launched interview debriefs section in Booth forum for interview experiences of previous applicants... https://gmatclub.com/forum/booth-189/in ... brief.html
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 17
Location: South Africa
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 22:49
Had my Booth off-campus interview with an Alumni a couple of days ago.

Pretty generic questions in general - Why an MBA, why Booth, why now, walk me through your careers choices and post MBA goals etc. Very informal conversational style interview even though it was at the Alumni's offices.

A couple of the more specific questions:
- Why should Booth admit you compared to someone with a similar background?
- Give me an example of how you showed resilience.
- Tell me something about yourself that I don't know from reading your resume that you think defines you.

Overall, I think it went really well; so now just a long wait for the admit decisions to be released.
Denied
26 Jan, 2018
Apawar91 GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 2.94; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Status: Here and Ready
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 07:09
MDLuffy wrote:
Had my Booth off-campus interview with an Alumni a couple of days ago.

Pretty generic questions in general - Why an MBA, why Booth, why now, walk me through your careers choices and post MBA goals etc. Very informal conversational style interview even though it was at the Alumni's offices.

A couple of the more specific questions:
- Why should Booth admit you compared to someone with a similar background?
- Give me an example of how you showed resilience.
- Tell me something about yourself that I don't know from reading your resume that you think defines you.

Overall, I think it went really well; so now just a long wait for the admit decisions to be released.


I also recently had a Booth interview (traveled on campus and met with a second-year student)
Outside of "Why MBA, Why Booth" had none of the pointed questions you described. Most of my questions were focused on my resume "What has been your prodest moments in your jobs so far, Why did you do XYZ job" and one or two behavioral questions.

I think its interesting to compare. I will say that as you mentioned, the interview was very conversational style. Once I asked my questions, my interviewer and I got into a pretty lengthy discussion about moving for b-school, social life, living in Chicago, etc.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Posts: 7
Location: United States (PA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 07:54
coleman62 wrote:
cchang1221 wrote:
For on-campus interviews, do they let you know the details of interviewer in advance?


It doesn't appear so. The registration email says you'll find out your interviewers name the day of. I'm not sure if they may email it to you a bit before or if it's when you get to campus, though.


I called the admission office the morning of my interview, and they gave me the name of my interviewer, and I was able to do some research on her prior to my afternoon interview!
Invited to Interview
25 Jan, 2018
jjan440 GMAT: 770, Q50, V44; GPA: 3.59; WE: 90 months; Korea, Republic of; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 11:24
Is anyone else going to "Booth Live" tomorrow? If so, is everyone wearing business formal? I've already done my interview, so I'm kind of debating going a tad more casual.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.83
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 11:50
blieber47 wrote:
Is anyone else going to "Booth Live" tomorrow? If so, is everyone wearing business formal? I've already done my interview, so I'm kind of debating going a tad more casual.


I'm going but tomorrow I'll be in business casual.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 129
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 22:13
blieber47 wrote:
Is anyone else going to "Booth Live" tomorrow? If so, is everyone wearing business formal? I've already done my interview, so I'm kind of debating going a tad more casual.


I’m going as well.. and going with business casual
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 15:35
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear after our interview? Will they call within a week or two or is it all on the notification deadline?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 129
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 16:54
Rose78 wrote:
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear after our interview? Will they call within a week or two or is it all on the notification deadline?



All together on notification deadline.
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 740, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.6; WE: 81 months; Ghana; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 12:46
for those of you who had on campus interviews... did you write a thank you email and if so, did your interviewer respond? I thought my interview went okay but I didn’t get a response to my email - hoping this isn’t an indication of the feedback she submitted!

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Status: Here and Ready
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 08:46
neg34 wrote:
for those of you who had on campus interviews... did you write a thank you email and if so, did your interviewer respond? I thought my interview went okay but I didn’t get a response to my email - hoping this isn’t an indication of the feedback she submitted!

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device


I thought I had a great interview as well and I did not receive a response to my thank you email.
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2018, 08:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   [ 599 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.