It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Denied
26 Jan, 2018
mailarchis GMAT: 720, Q49, V39; GPA: 3.1; WE: 120 months; India; via Email
Denied
26 Jan, 2018
mba2020usa GMAT: 730, Q47, V44; GPA: 3.48; WE: 72 months; United States; via Email
Denied
29 Jan, 2018
azadmd GMAT: 700, Q47, V39; GPA: 3.2; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 09:17
okay wrote:
Any advice/analysis for the interview essay?



Curious to hear which option folks are going with...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2016
Posts: 7
Location: United States (PA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 14:41
sup y'all. i'm interviewin the 9th and staying in a suite at the Peninsula the 8th. if anyone wants to crash on the sofa, holla at your girl (plz include linkedin profile for verification)
Waitlisted
27 Nov, 2017
SKSKSK GMAT: 770, Q50, V46; GPA: 3.96; WE: 80 months; United States, NY; via Email
Not quite sure why! Going to a peer institution
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 11
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE: Research (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 05:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
TXanonMBAhopeful wrote:
okay wrote:
Any advice/analysis for the interview essay?



Curious to hear which option folks are going with...


I’ve decided to go with Option 3 - I did a ppt heavy on photos for the main essay and also feel like I covered motivations in my main essay. I want to communicate a bit more about my personality and feel that option 3 is the best way to do that - am curious to see what others are doing!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 09:13
raininthecup wrote:
TXanonMBAhopeful wrote:
okay wrote:
Any advice/analysis for the interview essay?



Curious to hear which option folks are going with...


I’ve decided to go with Option 3 - I did a ppt heavy on photos for the main essay and also feel like I covered motivations in my main essay. I want to communicate a bit more about my personality and feel that option 3 is the best way to do that - am curious to see what others are doing!

Posted from my mobile device


I went with the same strategy! First one was a bit redundant even though they ask for a picture that resonates with Booth and not with you. Second one was a bit too open ended for me.

I went with the third and showcased a very personal side to myself that doesn't come through in the other parts of my application.

I would suggest not overthinking it. Go with what you feel you can answer best. Often the answer that strikes you first is the best one. Moreover, the decision will hinge much less on this and much more on the interview so all the best to you all while preparing for the same!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 12:01
Hi folks, It has been more than 3 business days since I submitted the form for scheduling an off-campus interview in Delhi, India. But, I am yet to hear from Booth. Anyone here who has got their alumni interviewer already assigned by Booth?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 12:20
patrickbateman2k15 wrote:
Hi folks, It has been more than 3 business days since I submitted the form for scheduling an off-campus interview in Delhi, India. But, I am yet to hear from Booth. Anyone here who has got their alumni interviewer already assigned by Booth?


I emailed them about off campus on 01/23 and got my off-campus interviewer assigned on Wed 01/24.
Invited to Interview
23 Jan, 2018
postit266 GRE: 333, Q169, V164; GPA: 3.33; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 15:57
sthaker wrote:
patrickbateman2k15 wrote:
Hi folks, It has been more than 3 business days since I submitted the form for scheduling an off-campus interview in Delhi, India. But, I am yet to hear from Booth. Anyone here who has got their alumni interviewer already assigned by Booth?


I emailed them about off campus on 01/23 and got my off-campus interviewer assigned on Wed 01/24.


Did you email them separately for scheduling your interview. Should not submitting the form on the application portal be enough in itself?
Invited to Interview
25 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 740, Q50, V40; GPA: 3.3; WE: 29 months; China; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 05:50
patrickbateman2k15 wrote:
sthaker wrote:
patrickbateman2k15 wrote:
Hi folks, It has been more than 3 business days since I submitted the form for scheduling an off-campus interview in Delhi, India. But, I am yet to hear from Booth. Anyone here who has got their alumni interviewer already assigned by Booth?


I emailed them about off campus on 01/23 and got my off-campus interviewer assigned on Wed 01/24.


Did you email them separately for scheduling your interview. Should not submitting the form on the application portal be enough in itself?


They said in the email that if you don't hear back within 2 business days, you should email them. If you still haven't heard, you should email them!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 24
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 05:03
Submitted my short essay today. Did the photo one.

I accidentally clicked the wrong file when uploading the photo and it was a JPEG instead of the .doc or .pdf they requested. It's the right photo, just the wrong format.

Oops. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, just hope it doesn't matter in the long run. Just need to knock the interview out of the park...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 15:13
jboog wrote:
Submitted my short essay today. Did the photo one.

I accidentally clicked the wrong file when uploading the photo and it was a JPEG instead of the .doc or .pdf they requested. It's the right photo, just the wrong format.

Oops. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, just hope it doesn't matter in the long run. Just need to knock the interview out of the park...


hey it won't be a big deal at all i'm sure. I did the motivation essay. Best of luck!
Invited to Interview
25 Jan, 2018
terracehouse GMAT: 730, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.5; WE: 60 months; United States, CA; via Email
Invited to Interview
23 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 710, Q49, V37; GPA: 4; WE: 60 months; Brazil; via Email
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
ViolentBuddha GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GRE: 332, Q169, V163; GPA: 3.75; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 17:23
For on-campus interviews, do they let you know the details of interviewer in advance?
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2018, 17:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30    Next  [ 597 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.