GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 07:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Booth Moderator
S
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 23:50
You should be fine then. Good luck with round 2!

Posted from my mobile device
Hitotsubashi ICS School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 07:55
Chicago Booth immerses you in a choice-rich environment. How have your interests, leadership experiences, and other passions influenced the choices in your life? (250-word minimum)

Can we use personal circumstances and background to address this question?
For example, I experienced X during this- therefore I am pursuing this goal?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.46
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 14:08
BoundMan wrote:
Chicago Booth immerses you in a choice-rich environment. How have your interests, leadership experiences, and other passions influenced the choices in your life? (250-word minimum)

Can we use personal circumstances and background to address this question?
For example, I experienced X during this- therefore I am pursuing this goal?

Yes I think most good attempts at this prompt use some form of a personal example and tie it into their current profile and future goals.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 14:37
Does anyone know if Booth is ok with a late submission for the reccomender letters?
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 17:24
LOM19010 wrote:
Does anyone know if Booth is ok with a late submission for the reccomender letters?

The best way to get this info is to ask their admission office. Give them a call and ask them if it is okay. Generally schools would give you a week (or maybe a bit less or more) for your recommenders to turn it in, but some schools are more strict with their deadlines.
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 07:51
No, applications don’t update with ready to review. It’ll just say submitted through the entire application process.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2020, 12:15
bb wrote:
Thank you for a super fast reply.

Is that a common question on the applications this year? Have you seen other schools asking for this info? It was a bit odd when Booth asked for the unofficial PDF. Just trying to see if it is a pattern or just a one off Booth-thing.

Yes this has been a common question for all top 10 schools to ask how many time you've taken the GMAT. Annoying quite frankly. Defeats entire point of GMAC hiding number of times you've taken GMAT. Oh well.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 15:16
nycguymba wrote:
bb wrote:

Is that a common question on the applications this year? Have you seen other schools asking for this info? It was a bit odd when Booth asked for the unofficial PDF. Just trying to see if it is a pattern or just a one off Booth-thing.

Yes this has been a common question for all top 10 schools to ask how many time you've taken the GMAT. Annoying quite frankly. Defeats entire point of GMAC hiding number of times you've taken GMAT. Oh well.

Agreed. i think GMAC did not quite think through that one quite well before rolling it out or just selling a dream that is not quite accurate but helps to make money on restoring scores and "feeling" safe to keep retaking or maybe I have just read too many conspiracy theories in the last 24 hrs... :(
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 16:10
bb wrote:
nycguymba wrote:
bb wrote:

Agreed. i think GMAC did not quite think through that one quite well before rolling it out or just selling a dream that is not quite accurate but helps to make money on restoring scores and "feeling" safe to keep retaking or maybe I have just read too many conspiracy theories in the last 24 hrs... :(

I thought the canceled scores they don't show up, so the school would never know?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 16:22
I did not mean to saw confusion. Canceled scores do not show up on the school reports. However, as reported, schools do ask how many times you have taken the GMAT, mostly without asking for the scores but sometimes an application asks for how many times have you taken the GMAT and what were the scores, which leaves some applicants with scratching their heads. I don't believe Booth asks for scores, only the number of times one has taken the GMAT. Hope it is clear - someone who has submitted an app, feel free to correct me :thumbup:

LOM19010 wrote:

I thought the canceled scores they don't show up, so the school would never know?

B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 04:58
I think only on your official score report will a cancelled score show. But on the scores sent directly to a school, they don’t show up.

I know people who have taken the test maybe 6-8 times and they’ve still been admitted into top schools. It does show a certain level of determination even if you improve/don’t improve. But Of course they would prefer to see some type of improvement

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2020, 13:32
bb wrote:
I did not mean to saw confusion. Canceled scores do not show up on the school reports. However, as reported, schools do ask how many times you have taken the GMAT, mostly without asking for the scores but sometimes an application asks for how many times have you taken the GMAT and what were the scores, which leaves some applicants with scratching their heads. I don't believe Booth asks for scores, only the number of times one has taken the GMAT. Hope it is clear - someone who has submitted an app, feel free to correct me :thumbup:

LOM19010 wrote:

Yes Booth asks how many times you've taken the exam. So did Wharton, CBS, and I think HBS did too (can't recall). Note, this is all for 2020 matriculation apps. The schools found a loophole and are using it ugh!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 09:01
I applied within the January 7, 2020 deadline.

What is the tentative interview timeline for international students?
I am planning to take a small trip in February (4 days) - trying to avoid a clash.

How does the interview process look like for international students (located in India)?
Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2020, 09:31
SudsMeister wrote:

I am planning to take a small trip in February (4 days) - trying to avoid a clash.

How does the interview process look like for international students (located in India)?

Round 2 interview invites start rolling out January 27 and stop January 31. You’ll then have a several week window to interview. You can either select an on-campus interview with a second year student or do an off-campus interview with an alumni. The choice is yours and is weighted equally. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2020, 14:21
fatmike wrote:
SudsMeister wrote:

Round 2 interview invites start rolling out January 27 and stop January 31. You’ll then have a several week window to interview. You can either select an on-campus interview with a second year student or do an off-campus interview with an alumni. The choice is yours and is weighted equally. Good luck!

Where did you get this information from? I don’t have any emails with concrete dates. Is this an estimate based on last year’s interview invites dates or have you heard this from the AdCom?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 00:01
fatmike wrote:
SudsMeister wrote:

Is this info confirmed? I couldn't find any mention on the school website, where did you get it?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 08:39
Has any R2 applicant received interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 09:02
cby7 wrote:
Has any R2 applicant received interview invitation?

Not yet. The rumor that today they would start sending invites is still unconfirmed, as far as I know.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 23:52
Anyone with an interview invite yet for R2?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.78
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 23:55
bhaumik93 wrote:
Anyone with an interview invite yet for R2?

None yet according to Clearadmit. Based off last year's round 2, the interview invites were sent out Jan 24/25.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2020, 23:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24    Next  [ 462 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33