GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 23:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 04:46
FWIW, the CBS '15 Facebook group has 1170 members, just to give you a point of reference.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 07:55
What is this facebook group you speak of?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Booth '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 08:04
bSchool2018 wrote:
Congrats!! When did your interview feedback get submitted?

My interview feedback is already submitted. I would appreciate it if you could give me a sense of how long I need to wait between feedback submission and call (if a call)..

barcelonafan wrote:
Sorry for forgetting that part, was submitted the same evening of my interview, 12/9.

Thank you for the information!
Current Student
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 09:35
popov wrote:
iwbwiwb1422 wrote:
popov wrote:
Couple of general questions: What is the deal about admit count vs class size. How does it go down from 1050 admitted to 750 class size? Is there any further filter Or the gap of 300 here shows those who were admitted, but didnt join? I guess this is true for all schools, so in a way not related to stats that you have posted above.

Now specific to stats that are being discussed. With focus on Admitted alone (and not the class size).
If 150 students reported on facebook are admitted ones, then it means there are 900 (1050-150) spots left. Considering other admitted ones, who have not joined fb group, lets assume that there are total 350 admitted students. It implies that there are still 700 spots left. It makes hard to digest that so far ED admits are only 350/1050 = ~33%. I thought ED admit would be much higher, considering schools interest in those who apply early!! Any thoughts, anyone? Am I making any calculation error here?

Hope I didn't make you too confused :|

1) Class size is the number of people who actually matriculate to the school. Since 100% of those accepted do not matriculate the number of students admitted is larger than the class size. The percent of admitted students who matriculate is called the yield rate.

2) To be honest I have no idea how many students in the group are early decision or J-Term (both groups have basically finished their admission process). I also don't know how many admitted J-Term students accept their offers.

I made the following assumptions (which are not right, but hopefully close enough)
- 752 matriculating students (J-Term, ED, Regular Decision) --> 1,067 spots
- 226 of the 752 matriculating students are J-Term, assuming the same yield rate for J-Term as the avg (70.4%) -->321 offers to J-Term students*

This means that 746 admit spots are available for ED and RD.

I have no idea what number of those in the Facebook group are J-Term, ED, or RD...All I was saying is looking at the numbers....

either

There have been more than 150 people admitted if you include J-Term in the group...so the group is not an accurate indicator

OR

If it is only August Start far, then (ED and RD)...there are still ~500 admit spots left

*this is the number that is the most uncertain, thus could be warping the calculation

Yup. I got both version of calculations from you. Although, I would say the 2nd version is clearer. ;)

With all assumptions and calculation, it seems that facebook number 150, is too low to be true, even if it excludes J-term!!! It would imply that out of 746 ED and RD admit spots, they have admitted 150/746=20% in ED so far.

Anyways, no point in guessing available admit spots. As Adcom will make the same decision based on our app, irrespective of how comfortable we feel now by guessing these numbers!!! :)

Waiting for this Friday. Hopefully something interesting will come.

Ok, so correct my if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Class of 2018's J term doesn't get admitted until NEXT year (the point being that they start later than the rest of the class (January 2017), but still graduate with the class...the site only allows you to apply for J Term for the Class of 2017 (starting in 2016)). Therefore, everyone in the Facebook group should be ED/RD starting in August 2016.

Maybe I've just massively confused myself, but that's what I've always thought...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 11:32
Oh man!!! They should not touch sensitive strings in my brain like this.

Specially when I am eagerly awaiting for a response for my application from them!!!

"You are invited!!

India business initiative panel in Mumbai"

:roll: :?
Attachments

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png [ 30.78 KiB | Viewed 3155 times ]

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 11:50
AnthonyMason wrote:
generalist wrote:
There are little more than 150 admitted folks on the facebook group. That means :idea: around 400 spots are still up for grabs. Hope it helps the people awaiting their decisions and also those writing their applications.

How do you know when you've been accepted in the facebook group? I've tried submitting my information twice in the last 5 days and thus far nothing has happened as far as I can tell.

Check your email please.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 11:52
thor5517 wrote:
What is this facebook group you speak of?

If you go to the admitted students website, there's a section where you can submit your FB associated email address so the admin can invite you. It's a secret group so admits who haven't told their employers would be comfortable joining.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS J-Term "19

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:21
I have submitted and completed my application on Sep/25th as RD applicant. However, I have not yet heard anything from adcom.... should I be concerned and send an email about it? Any thought?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE: Public Relations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:34
zzhangho wrote:
I have submitted and completed my application on Sep/25th as RD applicant. However, I have not yet heard anything from adcom.... should I be concerned and send an email about it? Any thought?

Some applications will take longer to review than others. I would take it as a good sign that you haven't heard bad news yet. If you don't hear by the end of December, which is when the admissions team promised feedback on early RD applications, then you might want to reach out. As of now, we are still within 4 weeks of when adcoms started reviewing RD apps.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS J-Term "19

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:58
heyjude07 wrote:
zzhangho wrote:

Some applications will take longer to review than others. I would take it as a good sign that you haven't heard bad news yet. If you don't hear by the end of December, which is when the admissions team promised feedback on early RD applications, then you might want to reach out. As of now, we are still within 4 weeks of when adcoms started reviewing RD apps.

Thanks for your feedback.

Since last application, I have made some meaningful progress/improvement. Do you (does anyone) suggest if I should notify or upload this info in application?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 14:01
zzhangho wrote:
Thanks for your feedback.

Since last application, I have made some meaningful progress/improvement. Do you (does anyone) suggest if I should notify or upload this info in application?

If you have significant improvements or updates (like a promotion, award earned, etc.) to your app since it was submitted, then the admissions team encourages you to reach out to them so that they can update that information on your app.
Current Student
GPA: 3.2
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 17:35
Noidea1234 wrote:
happycorgi617 wrote:
Accepted with fellowship!!!
Heres my timeline for those interested

Applied: last week of September
invited to interview: 12/1
Interviewed: Friday 12/11, really quick 20 min interview and interviewer submitted feedback within an hour or two afterwards
Decision: Monday 12/14. called around 6pm

now trying to decide if i should apply to more schools round 2??

Congrats happycorgi617! Thanks for posting the timeline. Could you also post your stats (GMAT/GPA)?

Sure,
Female, not URM
5 years work experience in finance
GPA: 3.15 (no explanation there, I had a really easy major too)
GMAT: 730
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 10:39
Got the ding a little while ago.
Good luck to those still waiting!
For a time reference, I submitted my app 10/11
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:11
I know that CBS says they'll follow up with interviewers for feedback when necessary, but at what point should I follow up with the admit team directly? Still no feedback going on a week and a half...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Dec 2015, 12:15
I was wondering how long CBS typically takes to give final decisions after interview feedbacks are submitted. Below is what I've found after going through each page of this year's CBS thread:

From July to September when fewer applications were submitted
Decision in the 1st week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 3 applicants
Decision in the 2nd weeks after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 3 applicants
Decision beyond the 2nd week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 1 applicants

From October to November when most ED applications were submitted
Decision in the 1st week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 15 applicants
Decision in the 2nd weeks after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 9 applicants
Decision beyond the 2nd week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 0 applicants

December when early RD applications were reviewed
Decision in the 1st week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 6 applicants
Decision in the 2nd weeks after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 0 applicants
Decision beyond the 2nd week after interview feedback submission for those accepted: 0 applicants

Even though all RD applicants are receiving decisions within one week so far, based on what happened between July and November, we'll see more people receiving decisions later as more applications are evaluated. Hope this helps ease some nerves..

Originally posted by bSchool2018 on 16 Dec 2015, 11:14.
Last edited by bSchool2018 on 16 Dec 2015, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:27
ohio2nyc wrote:
I know that CBS says they'll follow up with interviewers for feedback when necessary, but at what point should I follow up with the admit team directly? Still no feedback going on a week and a half...

The CBS website states the interviewer should submit the feedback within ONE week. Have you reached out to your interviewer to make sure there hasn't been any system error/malfunction?

I would be very surprised if CBS hasn't reached out to your interviewer already.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 11:41
I also looked the time of the acceptance call:

There are 11 people on this year's thread who either gave a specific time of the call or commented "just got the call" when they posted their admit on here: 9 out of the 11 got the call before 2pm PT

25 people posted their admit on the same day they were admitted but did not specify when they got the call. Out of those people, 8 posted after 3pm PT. Let's say half of them posted a few hours after they got the call then 20 out of those 25 people got the call before 2pm PT

My conclusion: >80% of people likely got their acceptance call before 2pm PT; you shouldn't need to constantly check your phone from 2pm PT till the next morning.

Yes, this analysis didn't take long at all..
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 16:22
A quick update on the days of the week acceptance calls were received:

Total
Monday-----(14):**************
Tuesday------(9):*********
Wednesday--(6):******
Thursday-----(5):*****
Friday-------(12):************

July to September
Monday-----(1):*
Tuesday-----(4):****
Wednesday-(1):*
Thursday---(3):***
Friday-------(2):**

October to November
Monday-----(9):*********
Wednesday-(5):*****
Thursday----(2):**
Friday-------(8):********

December
Monday------(4):****
Tuesday------(0):
Wednesday--(0):
Thursday-----(0):
Friday--------(2):**

So far the December results only came on Mondays and Fridays. My theory: The admission committee (the group of people who make the final decisions) probably only meet on Thursdays and Fridays now due to the relatively low volume of applications in the decision stage. What do you think? Anyone else anxiously waiting for the final decision?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 20:08
bSchool2018 wrote:
A quick update on the days of the week acceptance calls were received:

Total
Monday-----(14):**************
Tuesday------(9):*********
Wednesday--(6):******
Thursday-----(5):*****
Friday-------(12):************

July to September
Monday-----(1):*
Wednesday-(1):*
Thursday---(3):***
Friday-------(2):**

October to November
Monday-----(9):*********
Wednesday-(5):*****
Thursday----(2):**
Friday-------(8):********

December
Monday------(4):****
Tuesday------(0):
Wednesday--(0):
Thursday-----(0):
Friday--------(2):**

So far the December results only came on Mondays and Fridays. My theory: The admission committee (the group of people who make the final decisions) probably only meet on Thursdays and Fridays now due to the relatively low volume of applications in the decision stage. What do you think? Anyone else anxiously waiting for the final decision?

Wow, now that's some analysis!!:o

- Generalist
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 22:49
Hi Guys

I am writing my GMAT on Dec 29. I dont know where i will end up. This is a brief on my profile. I am 28 Yrs Old. I have about 6.5 Yrs experience in Investment Management. I have worked in India and Japan. I am a Hedge Fund Manager. I recently sold my Hedge Fund to a Japanese Firm. I am also on the board of NGO and few other companies. I have undergrad degree in business with a pretty good gpa. I obviously want to get good gmat score. In case i end up with an average or an ok score, should i still end up applying. will my profile have more weightage over gmat.
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 16 Dec 2015, 22:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap