GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 Mar 2020, 07:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 07:42
I havent received any status change, I submitted in November though. Do you guys think we will get a reponse before the end of the year?
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge
My CBS Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 08:09
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.95
WE: Business Development (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 10:13
received an interview today around 1040AM EST. Applied RD on September 6.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 11:50
Same, submitted around the same time. RD. Good luck to those still waiting!
Current Student
B
Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 09:40
To those of you who already interviewed (J-Term, ED, or RD) when did you submit your interview date in the CBS online scheduling system on the application portal? After you scheduled your interview (but before you did it) or after you completed it?

I ask because it says the interviewer will get the email requesting feedback after you submit the date.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 12:16
brownbear99 wrote:
To those of you who already interviewed (J-Term, ED, or RD) when did you submit your interview date in the CBS online scheduling system on the application portal? After you scheduled your interview (but before you did it) or after you completed it?

I ask because it says the interviewer will get the email requesting feedback after you submit the date.

I submitted mine before the interview. Pretty sure you're supposed to.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 12:18
roloto wrote:
brownbear99 wrote:

Thanks, mine is a week out still and I was going to wait a few days before so it doesn't get lost in my interviewer's inbox - any reason not to?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 12:23
brownbear99 wrote:
roloto wrote:
brownbear99 wrote:

Thanks, mine is a week out still and I was going to wait a few days before so it doesn't get lost in my interviewer's inbox - any reason not to?

I think that's fine. I submitted mine 2 days before the interview (because I forgot, not as part of a strategy).
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 12:47
Great, thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2016, 06:43
I submitted my RD application on October 4th, does anyone have a best guess as to when I'd receive an invite or a ding? I know it might take a few more days seeing how they just started sending invites last Thursday based on chronological order, but I was just curious.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 05:25
maakef wrote:
I submitted my RD application on October 4th, does anyone have a best guess as to when I'd receive an invite or a ding? I know it might take a few more days seeing how they just started sending invites last Thursday based on chronological order, but I was just curious.

I remember reading the Poets and Quants/MBA Mission guide and it mentioned in an interview with an AdCom member that each application gets 2 chances at an interview. If the first reader likes you, you get the interview but if they don't, a 2nd reader will go through your app. What I suspect is happening is that the people who've gotten invites over the past few days are the ones who the first reader wanted to interview. AFAIK, they've gotten to at least late September for those interviewees but it's unclear when those apps waiting for a 2nd look will get reviewed.

So if the 1st interviewer likes you, it should be relatively soon (I'm guessing next 2 working days) but if not, I'm not sure of the downtime before a 2nd reviewer. I applied late Sept and I got mine last Friday before lunch EST. Prior to that, the Nov 30 invites (no internet reports of Dec 1 invites) went out to people who submitted around Sept 6. Of course, we can expect that the earlier the date, the fewer apps they have to go through but I'm guessing there are relatively fewer RD apps for early Oct and prior since these were before the ED deadline (assuming most people either apply ED or submit their RD apps past the ED deadline)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, PMP
GPA: 3.53
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 21:52
Submitted my RD on the same day as the deadline for ED. But you are right, RD sbumissions should be fewer in early October.

So I guess I'm hoping to hear from CBS this week.

jmikery wrote:
maakef wrote:

I remember reading the Poets and Quants/MBA Mission guide and it mentioned in an interview with an AdCom member that each application gets 2 chances at an interview. If the first reader likes you, you get the interview but if they don't, a 2nd reader will go through your app. What I suspect is happening is that the people who've gotten invites over the past few days are the ones who the first reader wanted to interview. AFAIK, they've gotten to at least late September for those interviewees but it's unclear when those apps waiting for a 2nd look will get reviewed.

So if the 1st interviewer likes you, it should be relatively soon (I'm guessing next 2 working days) but if not, I'm not sure of the downtime before a 2nd reviewer. I applied late Sept and I got mine last Friday before lunch EST. Prior to that, the Nov 30 invites (no internet reports of Dec 1 invites) went out to people who submitted around Sept 6. Of course, we can expect that the earlier the date, the fewer apps they have to go through but I'm guessing there are relatively fewer RD apps for early Oct and prior since these were before the ED deadline (assuming most people either apply ED or submit their RD apps past the ED deadline)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 22:15
I submitted my app yesterday. Can anyone give a tentative idea by when can i expect to hear back from the school?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 06:36
ManUtd20 wrote:
I submitted my app yesterday. Can anyone give a tentative idea by when can i expect to hear back from the school?

They say they try to get you a decision (Interview or Ding) within 6 weeks from submission but in practice it usually takes ~4 weeks. However, given Christmas & New Years coming up it may push into mid-Jan?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 08:42
Haven't been feeling particularly nervous until now, but it is starting to kick in a little.

Still waiting to hear back whether I will receive an interview invite. Given I applied 09/26 I'm starting to think I have been passed over on the first review, and am waiting for the second.

The wait continues...
Board of Directors
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 09:23
Hi,

As per CBS Application form we need to fill Sponsorship/Financing your MBA details at this point of time.

Can someone please help how can I fill these details as I have not decided yet anything about this?

Thanks
Attachments

Columbia.JPG
Columbia.JPG [ 59.25 KiB | Viewed 2229 times ]

Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
Have OPT questions? - Post them here.
Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 09:41
Note to those applying in regular decision - they only started reviewing them starting November 21st. That's when the getting back to you in 6 weeks time frame kicks in. So realistically, they've only had 2 weeks to review and have 4 more to go (realistically 2). Here is the email I got from them earlier on:

Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 21, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 09:58
Yekrut wrote:
Note to those applying in regular decision - they only started reviewing them starting November 21st. That's when the getting back to you in 6 weeks time frame kicks in. So realistically, they've only had 2 weeks to review and have 4 more to go (realistically 2). Here is the email I got from them earlier on:

Thank you for your application to Columbia Business School. We will begin reviewing Regular Decision applications today, November 21, in the order in which they were received. Our goal is either to invite for an interview, or to deny an applicant, within six weeks from today. In practice, we expect to complete this process in less than four weeks. For updates on your status please login to your application status page.

That's true, but for those of us who applied in RD pre-ED deadline, we should be the first ones to hear our fates.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:19
Just a follow up, I just got dinged c. 9pm UK time. Best of luck all.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:39
BW0807 wrote:
Just a follow up, I just got dinged c. 9pm UK time. Best of luck all.

Posted from my mobile device

Looking at your profile it definitely seems to be your lack of experience. Columbia seems to skew slightly older.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2016, 13:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jeometricals