Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 09:28 It is currently 23 May 2024, 09:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Joined: 11 Aug 2021
Posts: 23
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Location: Thailand
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 02 Dec 2021
Posts: 23
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Location: Australia
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Sloan '25 (D)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Current Student
Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Posts: 175
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Location: Nigeria
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40 (Online)
GRE 1: Q164 V156
GPA: 2.45
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Nov 2022
Posts: 29
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
Do you think I can still make it to the April 5 deadline? I want ot understand that as I just read that the January intake will not have the summer internship time, and I would want to opt for it as I intend to change my industry.

I have not take the GMAT, but I intend to take it around mid february. Can anyone help me understand if there will be enough time for my application for April 5 deadline?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Oct 2021
Posts: 19
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
dhawalarmarkar wrote:
Do you think I can still make it to the April 5 deadline? I want ot understand that as I just read that the January intake will not have the summer internship time, and I would want to opt for it as I intend to change my industry.

I have not take the GMAT, but I intend to take it around mid february. Can anyone help me understand if there will be enough time for my application for April 5 deadline?

CBS website does not state clearly if April deadline is open to international applicants. Worth getting this clarified before you make your plans.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hey

Anyone from Regular August decision hear back yet?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
BAA5 wrote:
Hey

Anyone from Regular August decision hear back yet?


Haven't heard anything... sounds like this time last year they sent e-mail letting people in RD know they started application review
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
Oh.. I thought they followed the 6 week timeline generally.. so they update when they start the review? So can’t expect anything for a while right now?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
BAA5 wrote:
Oh.. I thought they followed the 6 week timeline generally.. so they update when they start the review? So can’t expect anything for a while right now?


Yes wording is a bit unclear on website, but they say "Please note that August-entry Regular Decision applications will not be reviewed until all January and Early Decision applications are completed, which is typically in late November." Unclear to me if standard to hear back before Round 2 Deadlines... would like to not have to apply to more schools.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
kudos1 wrote:
Yes wording is a bit unclear on website, but they say "Please note that August-entry Regular Decision applications will not be reviewed until all January and Early Decision applications are completed, which is typically in late November." Unclear to me if standard to hear back before Round 2 Deadlines... would like to not have to apply to more schools.

At this rate seems unlikely we’ll hear before Jan 1st week the final decision
Intern
Intern
Joined: 30 Mar 2022
Posts: 37
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Location: United States (RI)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Just got the email that they’re starting RD application reviews in order of submission! Hopefully some of us will be hearing soon!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 May 2020
Posts: 25
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
Oh man, anyone from ED still waiting for a decision? I had my feedback submitted 11/02
Manager
Manager
Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 92
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
MBA and beyond kindly stop spamming
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
mbathrowaway23 wrote:
Just got the email that they’re starting RD application reviews in order of submission! Hopefully some of us will be hearing soon!

But it mentions that they hope to give the decision 6 weeks from today! That means nearly New Year!
Current Student
Joined: 27 Dec 2017
Posts: 175
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Location: Nigeria
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40 (Online)
GRE 1: Q164 V156
GPA: 2.45
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
dwall wrote:
Do you think I can still make it to the April 5 deadline? I want ot understand that as I just read that the January intake will not have the summer internship time, and I would want to opt for it as I intend to change my industry.

I have not take the GMAT, but I intend to take it around mid february. Can anyone help me understand if there will be enough time for my application for April 5 deadline?

Proceed to take your GMAT and then apply. I think you can apply before April. CBS admission is roll-over
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Sep 2022
Posts: 34
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Dinged after what I felt was a pretty good interview (interviewer confirmed positive feedback). Any thoughts on reasons for rejection post interview?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
Did you build a good rapport with the interviewer? It is behavioural interview yes...
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37473
Own Kudos [?]: 73339 [0]
Given Kudos: 19005
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Throwaway2022MBA wrote:
Dinged after what I felt was a pretty good interview (interviewer confirmed positive feedback). Any thoughts on reasons for rejection post interview?


The other guy/gal who was competing for the spot did not fall face first in their interview 🤷‍♂️😂

That’s actually a good question. Why do they interview twice as many people? Is it because they announce interviews so early after the application deadline? But Columbia is on a rolling basis so that shouldn’t come in to play that much here…

I’ll try to find out. It’s a good question for consultants and former admissions people.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Sep 2022
Posts: 34
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Yup, the convo lasted 1.5 hours and was super conversational. We talked a lot about his CBS experience, our mutual love for the art world, my career path and how CBS fits in. It went pretty great actually - and the interviewer ended by saying I should expect positive news - which is why I was hopeful. Alas....
Manager
Manager
Joined: 05 Jun 2021
Posts: 112
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [2]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Throwaway2022MBA wrote:
Yup, the convo lasted 1.5 hours and was super conversational. We talked a lot about his CBS experience, our mutual love for the art world, my career path and how CBS fits in. It went pretty great actually - and the interviewer ended by saying I should expect positive news - which is why I was hopeful. Alas....

I’m really sorry to hear that. This sounds like a great interview. Perhaps they chose some other candidate on the overall strength of the application. It really hurts to not understand what went wrong. I wish you the best for the other schools.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2025 J-Term 2024 [#permalink]
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  37   
Moderator:
238 posts