GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 12:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 07:43
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I'm curious about your experience. HBS actually has very strict time limits for interviews. How do you mean it felt like a Harvard interview? Like too formal or something?

RicAssassin wrote:
Man, almost the same case with me. Just that it was a SHE not a HE. Felt like a harvard interview. What is Up? This isn’t Fuqua way of things man.

rohansdalal wrote:
Recently interviewed by Alum in India. He was alum. Interview lasted for 2 Hrs. Not sure how should I take it??? Even I cant comprehend how I did on interview.

Posted from my mobile device

It will be really helpful to have a small narrative around what were the points discussed and some split of the 2 hrs long interview
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 08:25
@ricassassin...if that IS your real name lol..

Agree that is not very Team Fuqua. I wonder if they have a new batch of interviewers in India who are taking themselves a bit too seriously?
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.81
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 08:44
Does anyone here happen to know how much weight alumnus referrals usually are (not letter of references, but the alumnus specific referrals). Obviously it depends on what is written, but i'm wondering if 1 or 2 good referrals can make a huge difference?
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 09:39
chanjaso wrote:
Does anyone here happen to know how much weight alumnus referrals usually are (not letter of references, but the alumnus specific referrals). Obviously it depends on what is written, but i'm wondering if 1 or 2 good referrals can make a huge difference?

Hi, I cant crawl inside the head of the adcom exactly, and this is not a required thing, but unless directly expressed otherwise most definitely have alums you are close with send a letter of support. You might google MBA letter of support for more on this.

I feel this would be especially helpful with Duke, where they care a lot about character and contribution. They want likeable people and so showing you have alums rooting for you makes you more vetted. Just make sure the letter is sincere, adds value, is meaningful and not a token check the box type thing which could easily work against you. You dont want it to look like you put a gun to someones head to write this letter.

I have only had candidates send 1, not sure if they would consider 2 but not ruling that out.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 10:07
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi, I cant crawl inside the head of the adcom exactly, and this is not a required thing, but unless directly expressed otherwise most definitely have alums you are close with send a letter of support. You might google MBA letter of support for more on this.

I feel this would be especially helpful with Duke, where they care a lot about character and contribution. They want likeable people and so showing you have alums rooting for you makes you more vetted. Just make sure the letter is sincere, adds value, is meaningful and not a token check the box type thing which could easily work against you. You dont want it to look like you put a gun to someones head to write this letter.

I have only had candidates send 1, not sure if they would consider 2 but not ruling that out.

chanjaso wrote:

Thank you very much for this, I had one submitted recently but was thinking about a second one as I am lucky enough to work closely with a few Fuqua alumni. This response definitely helps though, appreciate it! (And everything you do on all the other boards too!)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 21:20
Hi Everyone!

Any positive feedback from Interviews? :) EA applicants
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '22 (S)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 23:32
Hey guys, when can we expect interview invites rolling out for round-1 applicants?
BSchool Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 23:35
As per the website, Round 1 interview invites will be sent on November 1.

adiang wrote:
Hey guys, when can we expect interview invites rolling out for round-1 applicants?

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 23:35
Hi, Fuqua doesn’t roll.

The invites will be out Nov 1. All the best mate.

adiang wrote:

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 2.95
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 20:09
"Should the Admissions Committee feel that you are a good fit for other program formats offered by The Fuqua School of Business, would you be interested in learning more about these options?"

Does this mean you'll be considered for the programs that are checked?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.71
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 07:40
Any thoughts on when / how EA decisions are going to be released? I know the website says Monday October 28th but does Fuqua call a day before? Or are calls going out the day of?
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 07:44
99% chances are that accepted candidates do get a call, and they do get it a day advance. So calls can even come in on Friday ET!!!

But well, I know how nerve wrecking it is to wait for those calls. So I’d just say. ‘By 28th evening ET’, people will know. Waitlisted/Denied candidates get the e-mail.

Best wishes.
-Ric

MBA42020 wrote:
Any thoughts on when / how EA decisions are going to be released? I know the website says Monday October 28th but does Fuqua call a day before? Or are calls going out the day of?

Tepper & Cornell School Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 08:47
RicAssassin wrote:
99% chances are that accepted candidates do get a call, and they do get it a day advance. So calls can even come in on Friday ET!!!

But well, I know how nerve wrecking it is to wait for those calls. So I’d just say. ‘By 28th evening ET’, people will know. Waitlisted/Denied candidates get the e-mail.

Best wishes.
-Ric

MBA42020 wrote:

What about people on Asia time, will calls come during Asia work hours too, possibly in the morning Asia time?
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 09:04
I believe morning work hours Asia time will be difficult for our dear dukies. :D

Giving example of India time (GMT +0530), people get their calls between as early as 4PM to as late as 10PM. :/

MBA42020 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

What about people on Asia time, will calls come during Asia work hours too, possibly in the morning Asia time?[/quote]
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 19:42
RicAssassin wrote:
I believe morning work hours Asia time will be difficult for our dear dukies. :D

Giving example of India time (GMT +0530), people get their calls between as early as 4PM to as late as 10PM. :/

MBA42020 wrote:

What about people on Asia time, will calls come during Asia work hours too, possibly in the morning Asia time?[/quote][/quote]

Not necessarily, I know someone who got their call morning Asia time a few years ago :P. This was through an alumni in HKG who volunteered to call prospective students on final decision day. I just don't know whether this was an exceptional one off thing or if this usually happens every year.
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2019, 19:48
Well then this was a good samaritan working on his own morning clock. Cannot comment if this is a practice.
chanjaso wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:

MBA42020 wrote:

What about people on Asia time, will calls come during Asia work hours too, possibly in the morning Asia time?
[/quote]

Not necessarily, I know someone who got their call morning Asia time a few years ago :P. This was through an alumni in HKG who volunteered to call prospective students on final decision day. I just don't know whether this was an exceptional one off thing or if this usually happens every year.[/quote]
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2019, 07:33
Good luck everyone tomorrow for early action :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2019, 07:55
Hi all! Market analyst from Oil & Gas space here, planning to apply in R2 to Fuqua mostly because the Energy & Environment concentration caught my eye. Look forward to interacting with all of you over the next few months.

One question - I don't (personally) know any Fuqua alumni - how important are alumni recs? :S
BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2019, 07:58
Hi,
Alumni recs are welcomed but not desired. Lol.

On a serious note: It doesn’t hurt know some alum, it doesn’t hurt if you don’t know either. It has zero effects if you do not have any alum rec. But if you do have an alum rec, it helps re-affirming that you are a good fit.

Hope this answers it. Best of luck!

zixin wrote:
Hi all! Market analyst from Oil & Gas space here, planning to apply in R2 to Fuqua mostly because the Energy & Environment concentration caught my eye. Look forward to interacting with all of you over the next few months.

One question - I don't (personally) know any Fuqua alumni - how important are alumni recs? :S

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2019, 10:32
If we don't get an interview invite on Nov 1st is that a rejection?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2019, 10:32

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 245 posts ] 

Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish