GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 22:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 21:58
Hello Guys,

I have a query regarding the application. Wanted to check here before sending a mail to the Adcom.
I submitted my application for R1.
I also included 1 year MBA as my 2nd preference.
So except for the "Awaiting Fee" issue, which everyone here seems to have, I see that all my other documents are received.
But a day after I submitted, there is a new form for 1 year application when I open the portal.
This shows "Awaiting fees, Resume and Essays".
I'm sure the fee thing will get resolved but wanted to know if I need to reupload the essays or the Resume again. Or whether it will automatically get updated.
Anyone else face the same issue?

Regards,
Kartheek.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 294
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 22:43
Hi Kartheek,

I had also chosen the 1 year MBA as a second preference. I submitted my application just a few hours before the deadline. I just checked my status now and only my fee shows as pending.

Since the essay questions are common for the 2 year and 1 year programs, I don't see anything additional you must provide Emory. I will keep you updated if I see a change of status. Do keep me updated as well.

Good Luck! :)

sharpsagi wrote:
Hello Guys,

I have a query regarding the application. Wanted to check here before sending a mail to the Adcom.
I submitted my application for R1.
I also included 1 year MBA as my 2nd preference.
So except for the "Awaiting Fee" issue, which everyone here seems to have, I see that all my other documents are received.
But a day after I submitted, there is a new form for 1 year application when I open the portal.
This shows "Awaiting fees, Resume and Essays".
I'm sure the fee thing will get resolved but wanted to know if I need to reupload the essays or the Resume again. Or whether it will automatically get updated.
Anyone else face the same issue?

Regards,
Kartheek.

_________________
Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 207
Location: Singapore
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2015, 22:56
2
Just to clarify on doubts that many people have here.

I submitted my application around 20th September and I also had chosen 2016 1Year as well as 2Year programs. My application started to show as pending and fee as well was shown pending for a few days. Later my fee and application materials for 2016 2Year showed as received but my materials for 1Year was still showing pending. I did not submit any additional material but after a few days my materials (including fee) for 1Year program as well started showing received.

So, sit back, relax and prepare for interviews and other applications folks, nothing to worry about.
_________________
Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 08:47
AdmitJA wrote:
Hi Kartheek,

I had also chosen the 1 year MBA as a second preference. I submitted my application just a few hours before the deadline. I just checked my status now and only my fee shows as pending.

Since the essay questions are common for the 2 year and 1 year programs, I don't see anything additional you must provide Emory. I will keep you updated if I see a change of status. Do keep me updated as well.

Good Luck! :)

sharpsagi wrote:
Hello Guys,

I have a query regarding the application. Wanted to check here before sending a mail to the Adcom.
I submitted my application for R1.
I also included 1 year MBA as my 2nd preference.
So except for the "Awaiting Fee" issue, which everyone here seems to have, I see that all my other documents are received.
But a day after I submitted, there is a new form for 1 year application when I open the portal.
This shows "Awaiting fees, Resume and Essays".
I'm sure the fee thing will get resolved but wanted to know if I need to reupload the essays or the Resume again. Or whether it will automatically get updated.
Anyone else face the same issue?

Regards,
Kartheek.




Thanks for the reply JA.
Good luck to you too. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 08:49
jugglerG2 wrote:
Just to clarify on doubts that many people have here.

I submitted my application around 20th September and I also had chosen 2016 1Year as well as 2Year programs. My application started to show as pending and fee as well was shown pending for a few days. Later my fee and application materials for 2016 2Year showed as received but my materials for 1Year was still showing pending. I did not submit any additional material but after a few days my materials (including fee) for 1Year program as well started showing received.

So, sit back, relax and prepare for interviews and other applications folks, nothing to worry about.



Thanks Juggler!

Good luck !! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: The Final Countdown
Joined: 07 Mar 2013
Posts: 280
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2015, 23:09
1

Update from Admissions Office about the update issue



"our transition from PeopleSoft to Slate seems to have caused a delay in processing documentation and payments for applicants."

To reiterate, Nothing to worry regarding the item status if you have successfully submitted the applicatio, paid the fee and have the recepit.

:)

Also, when do the interview invites start rolling?Any ideas? :eh:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 03:28
Well, in Goizueta thread last year, the earliest invitations were in 22, Oct (given the deadline last year was 10, Oct). Invitations were sent until mid - Nov.

I guess we have to wait at least 2 weeks.


Ralphcuisak wrote:

Update from Admissions Office about the update issue



"our transition from PeopleSoft to Slate seems to have caused a delay in processing documentation and payments for applicants."

To reiterate, Nothing to worry regarding the item status if you have successfully submitted the applicatio, paid the fee and have the recepit.

:)

Also, when do the interview invites start rolling?Any ideas? :eh:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 10:49
Folks,

Submitted my application on 8th October. I re-appeared for GMAT and managed to improve upon my submitted score. Have we seen instances where colleges accommodate a more recent score, past the application deadline?

Thanks,
Anand
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 294
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 10:54
2
ananddas1984 wrote:
Folks,

Submitted my application on 8th October. I re-appeared for GMAT and managed to improve upon my submitted score. Have we seen instances where colleges accommodate a more recent score, past the application deadline?

Thanks,
Anand


Congratulations Anand!

Yes schools definitely and happily do. Send them your score by Email by quoting your application reference number and attaching a soft copy of your unofficial report. Do tell them that the official score would soon follow!
_________________
Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 11:16
AdmitJA wrote:
ananddas1984 wrote:
Folks,

Submitted my application on 8th October. I re-appeared for GMAT and managed to improve upon my submitted score. Have we seen instances where colleges accommodate a more recent score, past the application deadline?

Thanks,
Anand


Congratulations Anand!

Yes schools definitely and happily do. Send them your score by Email by quoting your application reference number and attaching a soft copy of your unofficial report. Do tell them that the official score would soon follow!


JA,

Thanks for the quick response. I will follow up with adcom and keep my fingers crossed in the interim.

Anand
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: The Final Countdown
Joined: 07 Mar 2013
Posts: 280
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 22:16
Scarlett166 wrote:
Well, in Goizueta thread last year, the earliest invitations were in 22, Oct (given the deadline last year was 10, Oct). Invitations were sent until mid - Nov.

I guess we have to wait at least 2 weeks.


Ralphcuisak wrote:

Update from Admissions Office about the update issue



"our transition from PeopleSoft to Slate seems to have caused a delay in processing documentation and payments for applicants."

To reiterate, Nothing to worry regarding the item status if you have successfully submitted the applicatio, paid the fee and have the recepit.

:)

Also, when do the interview invites start rolling?Any ideas? :eh:


A week to go according to this! :| :| :|

Kill me already. :die
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: The Final Countdown
Joined: 07 Mar 2013
Posts: 280
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:09
I just received an email from GBS that my application has a missing item. It was the fee that was paid and still not updated. For any other folks facing the same(please check in your checklist),please mail the receipt and the cardholder's name to

MBAapplication@emory.edu


:)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2015
Posts: 18
Location: Pakistan
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 14:09
Hey, best of luck for apps friends.
I will be applying to Emory in the second round. I have heard that the chances of making it to the program are slim if you dont apply in the first round. Is that the case?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 21:48
Any interview invites?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 207
Location: Singapore
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 22:26
2
Pasha737 wrote:
Hey, best of luck for apps friends.
I will be applying to Emory in the second round. I have heard that the chances of making it to the program are slim if you dont apply in the first round. Is that the case?
My profile:
GMAT: 690
WE: Worked at British American Tobacco for a year as a Trade Marketing Executive and currently working at Nestle as an Area Sales Manager
Education: BSc Economics and Political Science from a top ranked university in Pakistan.

What are my chances guys?


Hi Pasha737,

We all here have similar kind of query, mostly trying whether we are worthy enough... :-D

I suggest you post this query in some Profile Evaluation thread. There are some in GC homepage itself, check them out.
_________________
Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 27
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 07:26
abhirupmishra wrote:
Any interview invites?

I applied near the R1 deadline and received an interview invite within 1 week.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:07
ChefMan wrote:
abhirupmishra wrote:
Any interview invites?

I applied near the R1 deadline and received an interview invite within 1 week.

You already have the interview invite? Wow! That was quick - it's barely been two weeks since the deadlines, I guess.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: The Final Countdown
Joined: 07 Mar 2013
Posts: 280
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:09
So it has started? Pretty quick!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 207
Location: Singapore
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:35
One for me, please!!! :roll:
_________________
Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 15:13
I received an interview invite recently as well.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2015, 15:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27    Next  [ 528 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Emory(Goizueta) Applicants: (2016 Intke) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne