Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 13:51 It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 8.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all HEC Paris Applicants Sept 2024 Intake [#permalink]
hiteshdusseja wrote:
Anyone got interview invite post submitting on 15th jan ?

Still waiting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I’ve just received the decision. Shortlisted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 8.46
Send PM
For which intake? Jan’25 R1?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sep’24 15th Jan deadline
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
What was your gmat score? If you dont mind sharing
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Peruvian, male, 30
GMAT 690 GPA 13/20
8 years of exp (5 in managerial positions) in BI, strategy and Financial planning
Sector: retail and FMCG and trying to pivot into consulting
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.15
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Received pre-selection interview today! I applied ahead of the Jan. 15 deadline.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
I saw that HEC interviews require short presentations about one topic you chose for the alums. For the admitted, would you mind sharing the topic you choose?
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
KynnN wrote:
Hi guys, I hope that someone could give me some advice on my situation: I just recently decided to apply to HEC Paris. - Career goal: Pivot from CPG MKT to Consulting - GMAT: 730 Classic - Experience: 5.5 years, 2 as manager in company with $3BN revenue - Applied to US schools, but not sure about scholarship feasibility, so I’m considering HEC Paris with lower living expense Because I want to have an MBA ASAP, I couldn’t wait until Sep 26 Intake. I have 02 questions: - If I apply for the Sep 25 Intake with the Feb 24 Deadline, is it a little too late and hard for admissions and scholarship? - If I apply for the Jan 26 Intake, I’m afraid that the Adcom will have concerns about limited internship opportunity for career switchers I hope someone can help me share a bit of your knowledge. Thank you

@KynnN
​To discuss your profile 1-to-1, please submit your details here.
Regards
Bala
Linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
www(dot)TheIvyLeagueEdge(dot)com
The Most recommended Admissions Consultant on Linkedin, WORLDWIDE
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World’s best - MBA and MS
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
KynnN wrote:
I saw that HEC interviews require short presentations about one topic you chose for the alums. For the admitted, would you mind sharing the topic you choose?

KynnN - here's a few topics my mentees have successfully presented on:

- Evolution of Insider Trading Laws in India
- Future of metaverse in the gaming industry
- Experiences & Learnings from a 10-day silence/ meditation retreat
- Travel experiences to 30 countries
- Experiences, Learnings & Insights from a 6-month offshore Oil & Gas Expedition in the Arabian Gulf

As you can see, the topics are diverse, and can cover personal or professional aspects. As a HEC alum interviewer for 4+ years, I've seen candidates present on a wide range of other topics as well, and the most engaging ones are the most authentic and conversational.

The key is to pick a topic you're passionate about, and can handle questions, etc. Some broad guidelines can be found in a post I made here

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to schedule mock interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi everybody, I would like your opinions regarding my situation. I applied for hec Paris 15jan deadline and got the response that they are considering my profile but the gmat score is low (really bad test taker) but i have already given the gmat 2 times and gre 1 time and was unable to improve my score. They said that i overall fit hec but would like to give me the opportunity to improve my score or they’ll proceed with the current one. Should I give another shot at gre Or gmat? Or if I’m not able to improve my score does it mean that i would be rejected?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
arcgmat03 wrote:
Hi everybody, I would like your opinions regarding my situation. I applied for hec Paris 15jan deadline and got the response that they are considering my profile but the gmat score is low (really bad test taker) but i have already given the gmat 2 times and gre 1 time and was unable to improve my score. They said that i overall fit hec but would like to give me the opportunity to improve my score or they’ll proceed with the current one. Should I give another shot at gre Or gmat? Or if I’m not able to improve my score does it mean that i would be rejected?

You must really have something going for you to be given this kind of special treatment/feedback :) Clearly, the adcom is looking for reasons to accept you, maybe you are a diversity profile. If I were in your position, I would definitely pick on that cue and at least show the school I am making an effort to improve in the area of concern. I suggest you request a quick session to identify the concern area they aren’t very happy with. And even if you cant show immediate improvement, you may request to submit some additional proof that it wont be a hurdle during your MBA.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
arcgmat03 wrote:

Do you mind sharing your profile and GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
You must really have something going for you to be given this kind of special treatment/feedback :) Clearly, the adcom is looking for reasons to accept you, maybe you are a diversity profile. If I were in your position, I would definitely pick on that cue and at least show the school I am making an effort to improve in the area of concern. I suggest you request a quick session to identify the concern area they aren’t very happy with. And even if you cant show immediate improvement, you may request to submit some additional proof that it wont be a hurdle during your MBA. Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer) MBAGuideConsulting LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

Hi ma’am, thanks for the reply. your insight gave me relief. I had a quant score of 48 and verbal 27. As I have given the gmat 2 times and gre 1 time,I’m worried that i won’t be able to improve so should I tell my AO about this and what can i submit as additional proof for my lower verbal score
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling all HEC Paris Applicants Sept 2024 Intake [#permalink]
arcgmat03 wrote:

arcgmat03 - from the Adcom's communication, the other aspects (except your score) seem good. I've seen some mentees compensate for low(er) Verbal scores in GMAT/ GRE by submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores: try this route if possible. And highlighting your verbal abilities at work, education etc. can help as well. The ideal scenario is ofcourse improving your GMAT/ GRE score.

My advise would be to have a quick chat with AdCom, and act on their recommendation: this shows that you're making an effort.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

Originally posted by admitStreet on 02 Feb 2024, 08:19.
Last edited by admitStreet on 02 Feb 2024, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
arcgmat03 wrote:
Hi ma’am, thanks for the reply. your insight gave me relief. I had a quant score of 48 and verbal 27. As I have given the gmat 2 times and gre 1 time,I’m worried that i won’t be able to improve so should I tell my AO about this and what can i submit as additional proof for my lower verbal score

The adcom could have reservations about your communication skills, particularly your ability to engage in class discussions and activities within a global cohort. They might also be concerned that it could impact your employability later. Best to gather evidence of your participation in debates, conferences, and public speaking activities from recent past and present this as an initial validation to the school. I would still suggest that you proactively request a meeting with them to understand their concerns. If you say that you have simply given up on your verbal improvement, I’m afraid that may not sit well with them. But yes, you could try to negotiate an improvement plan that’s not really GMAT or GRE. Tough situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
admitStreet wrote:
arcgmat03 - from the Adcom’s communication, the other aspects (except your score) seem good. I’ve seen some mentees compensate for low(er) Verbal scores in GMAT/ GRE by submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores: try this route if possible. And highlighting your verbal abilities at work, education etc. can help as well. My advise would be to have a quick chat with AdCom, and act on their recommendation: this shows that you’re making an effort. Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com

Thank you sir

MBAGuide wrote:
The adcom could have reservations about your communication skills, particularly your ability to engage in class discussions and activities within a global cohort. They might also be concerned that it could impact your employability later. Best to gather evidence of your participation in debates, conferences, and public speaking activities from recent past and present this as an initial validation to the school. I would still suggest that you proactively request a meeting with them to understand their concerns. If you say that you have simply given up on your verbal improvement, I’m afraid that may not sit well with them. But yes, you could try to negotiate an improvement plan that’s not really GMAT or GRE. Tough situation.

Thank you ma’am
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  27