Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 16:29 It is currently 10 May 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Interview waiver here too. Indian re-applicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61
Send PM
Interview waived. End of the dreams for Kellogg. One more left. Very pessimistic about it though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hi,
if i received Thank you for requesting an off-campus interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of your application. - Does it mean ding?
mika84 wrote:
Hi,
if i received Thank you for requesting an off-campus interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of your application. - Does it mean ding?

As per the email, your interview was just waiver. Don't worry about it. I believe schools stay true to their words, if they say they had to do it, and it weren't your fault, they they will be fair when evaluating other components of your application.
Good Luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Interview waiver is not a ding at all . Why would Kellogg not say that sorry we are not able to admit you for class of 2018. Your application is still under consideration. Do not worry
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I interviewed a while back.

But I am wondering whether the timing of the submission of the application had an impact on whether an applicant is interviewed?

Did y'all who got the waiver submit the apps really close towards the deadline?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3627 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
kelloggcookiemonster wrote:

But I am wondering whether the timing of the submission of the application had an impact on whether an applicant is interviewed?

Time of application submission is not a factor in determining when you get the interview invite. I submitted my application in R1 on the deadline day but received my interview invite a week later (before I had submitted the video essay). Waivers are given to those candidates who chose off campus interviews and as such Kellogg could not find an Alumnus to pair them with. The adcoms would then want to start reviewing the applications without the interview feedback for these candidates, hence the waivers. For people who did receive the invite, their applications are read only after the interview reports are submitted.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
BenMBAOver30 wrote:
Same here in Phoenix.

As if there aren't alumni in the 6th largest city in America. I would prefer they just be honest with me considering the cost and effort of the of the application. No sour grapes here as I knew I was a long shot considering my non-traditional background, but I don't understand the lack of transparency beyond the "we can do it because you want to go here." It's crazy that I'll be able to apply to at least 13 top MSE and MID programs (my backup plan) for the same price that it cost me to apply to 4 top 15 MBA programs.

2 down/2 to go

It is not as simple as "availability of the alumnus" in your area. If Kellogg tried reaching those alumni and they have not responded back in sufficient time frame owing to their busy schedules, there is nothing that you or Kellogg can do as you chose off-campus interview in the first place.

Again, waiver is not a ding. There were a few cases in R1 that got their skype interview requests later in the process.

Good luck.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
hawksight wrote:
woraphotk wrote:
hawksight wrote:

just a small doubt. Did the person have your resume or not?

He/she will. You will be required to send your resume to your interviewer upon interview scheduling.

My interview is scheduled for tonight with an adcom member. They haven't asked me to send anything yet.
Wait! was your interview with an alum?

This resume requirement is mentioned in the interview email that you would have received from Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:

Time of application submission is not a factor in determining when you get the interview invite. I submitted my application in R1 on the deadline day but received my interview invite a week later (before I had submitted the video essay). Waivers are given to those candidates who chose off campus interviews and as such Kellogg could not find an Alumnus to pair them with. The adcoms would then want to start reviewing the applications without the interview feedback for these candidates, hence the waivers. For people who did receive the invite, their applications are only read after the interview reports are submitted.

Where are you located at? I guess I should have framed the question differently--Is the likelihood of interview waiver for an off campus interview request a function of location (alumni #) + submission time of the application.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:

Time of application submission is not a factor in determining when you get the interview invite. I submitted my application in R1 on the deadline day but received my interview invite a week later (before I had submitted the video essay). Waivers are given to those candidates who chose off campus interviews and as such Kellogg could not find an Alumnus to pair them with. The adcoms would then want to start reviewing the applications without the interview feedback for these candidates, hence the waivers. For people who did receive the invite, their applications are only read after the interview reports are submitted.

Where are you located at? I guess I should have framed the question differently--Is the likelihood of interview waiver for an off campus interview request a function of location (alumni #) + submission time of the application.

Cant comment on the "time of application" variable but it sure is dependent on availability of alumni in your area. I am in Canada btw.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:

Cant comment on the "time of application" variable but it sure is dependent on availability of alumni in your area. I am in Canada.

Thanks...

I guess another way to frame the question would be: Is the likelihood of interview waiver independent of the merit of the submitted application :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:

Cant comment on the "time of application" variable but it sure is dependent on availability of alumni in your area. I am in Canada.

Thanks...

I guess another way to frame the question would be: Is the likelihood of interview waiver independent of the merit of the submitted application :)

I knew this question was coming and was trying to avoid it! :-D

As per Kellogg's "traditional stance", they call most if not all of the candidates for interviews. So I would say 'yes' to your question, the waiver is independent of the merit (IMO, only dependent upon availability of the alumni). But then again, these are peculiarities of the process that only the adcoms would know. It will be interesting to do an analysis of the time of interview to the actual admit for R1 candidates at Kellogg for this application season. That would give you a better understanding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
If a waiver has been received, has anyone tried to reach out to the adcom asking for a skype interview? If so, what was their response?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Interview waiver. I'm from Bangalore, India.very very disappointing
Intern
Intern