GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 02:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 16:19
Same. No mention so I bluntly asked and was told I wasn't being offered merit scholarships "at this time". I'll call financial aid office tomorrow and post a reply here
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 16:30
Kellogg DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V47), GPA: 3.25, Industry: Computer Software, WE 43, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 17 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 50, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 33 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 55 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q44 V41), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Consulting, WE 36, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 16:55
BananaNation wrote:
Perhaps merit based scholarships and financial aid are different things at Kellogg? Admissions didn't mention anything about scholarships during my call, so I assumed that I got nothing. But then on the admit website it tells me to apply for a financial aid and that they advise everyone to do so.

forgingandcasting wrote:
BananaNation wrote:
Congrats to you too!

I think you have to apply for it separately, check your "To-do list" it has a link to the CAESAR website where you can apply for financial aid.

[quote="peeps"]Firstly, congrats to all who got an admit.

I saw the portal update and it doesn't mention anything about the financial aid. Has anyone received info about financial aid for r2 accepts?

Posted from my mobile device

Admissions told me on the phone that you're evaluated for merit/need scholarships as the same time you get the admissions decision. But seems like you can apply after the fact? Am I the only one confused?
[/quote]

Need based and merit scholarships are given when you’re admitted. The application is not for scholarships. It’s for loans.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 16:58
Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Same boat as you unfortunately. I appealed at another school and they got half way to another offer. Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose[/quote]

Thanks for sharing! How did you initiate the conversation tho[/quote]

There's a couple threads on negotiating MBA offers. Basically be up front, tell them why you want to attend their school but be 100% ready to get nothing. Be polite but honest of course. Usually money is pre-allocated so the odds are fairly low. Good luck![/quote]

Thank you so much! I guess ill just try
Doesnt hurt anyway hahaha
Btw congratulations!!!!!! Have u come to decision?
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 19:30
Kellogg DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 48 minutes ago, from Nigeria, GPA: 3.4, Industry: Computer Software, heard via: phone
  • Waitlisted, 53 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q44 V41), GPA: 3.85, Industry: Retail, WE 48, heard via: email
  • Denied, 55 minutes ago, from Malaysia, GMAT:710 (Q48 V39), GPA: 3.63, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 22:30
Kellogg DECISION TRACKER

• Denied, 36 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 38 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 38 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:690, Industry: Consulting, WE 72, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 39 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 43 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 44 minutes ago, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2019, 01:38
That clears it up, thanks!

FuturePM91 wrote:

Need based and merit scholarships are given when you’re admitted. The application is not for scholarships. It’s for loans.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2019, 02:39
Do scholarship funds get automatically allocated to other students if funds get freed up as other admits decline their offers?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2019, 09:15
BananaNation wrote:
That clears it up, thanks!

FuturePM91 wrote:

Bummer. Will be a tough choice!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 08:13
Called financial aid this morning. They confirmed the financial aid application is for loans and merit/need-based scholarships are awarded concurrently with an admission decision. If you did not submit your need-based application between application and decision, then the financial aid application would be for this as well.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2019, 08:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   [ 550 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap