Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Calcortes wrote:
Email even said come interview before you submit your application to get to know us. Are they seeing low numbers of applicants this year? Good thing is I will be in Durham this week so I am going to swing by the day prior or after(calling office Monday morning to schedule something)
Any feedback would be fantastic

I think this is due to some growing pains at Kenan-Flagler. They saw a huge bump in applicants last year, and in previous years had a policy of interviewing everyone. The increased application numbers in recent years made the previous interview policy unsustainable. They are new to doing invitations for interviews, and with that they have some room to experiment. There is an opportunity to try some things that other schools aren't doing and see how effective the new strategies are.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
alwayswaiting wrote:
Calcortes wrote:
Email even said come interview before you submit your application to get to know us. Are they seeing low numbers of applicants this year? Good thing is I will be in Durham this week so I am going to swing by the day prior or after(calling office Monday morning to schedule something)

I think this is due to some growing pains at Kenan-Flagler. They saw a huge bump in applicants last year, and in previous years had a policy of interviewing everyone. The increased application numbers in recent years made the previous interview policy unsustainable. They are new to doing invitations for interviews, and with that they have some room to experiment. There is an opportunity to try some things that other schools aren't doing and see how effective the new strategies are.

Further to the above, I shall add my bit! :)
Had been to their event at Delhi and interacted with the Associate Dean. They interview in slots, it appears. And one can get interviewed even before the application is submitted. Perhaps they are trying to stagger it, or who knows, they may be looking at catching candidates who go to the campus and are inspired by it. Maybe those who visited UNC can elaborate on that aspect? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am on the same boat. I interviewed last month at an event in my home country and submitted my app today! In for R2!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Two pro tips for anyone coming to interview on campus:

1) Name tag on the right side of your body (physically on your non-left side).
2) Try to not bring a backpack. It looks unprofessional. If you do bring a backpack, leave it in the admissions office while you are going on your tour, going to lunch, attending class, interviewing, etc. A padfolio is fine to carry with you, or nothing at all if you are not a note-taking type person.

These won't make or break your interview, but will make you look more polished.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Olin '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview with Jennifer from Adcom via Skype yesterday -

She asked me following questions -

1. Walk me through your profile
2. <Work related Question>
3. So if everything is going so well at work, what do you want to accomplish from MBA. What are your long and short term goals?
4. Have you talked to any of the current students or alums?
5. What makes you think KF is good enough for your goals?
6. What do your colleagues say about your leadership ability? Good as well as bad.
7. Between now and August, how will you prepare yourself for starting your MBA?
8. Please ask me any question you want.

It was pretty conversational and lasted exactly 30 minutes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
can someone elaborate on the recommendation letter question 5 which states, "Please use the space below to elaborate on the applicant's qualifications?"... My recommender and me are both in a conundrum regarding the answer... :?: :?: :?:
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I had my interview today with AdCom member, it was very conversational and pleasant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
aneeshchandran wrote:
can someone elaborate on the recommendation letter question 5 which states, "Please use the space below to elaborate on the applicant's qualifications?"... My recommender and me are both in a conundrum regarding the answer... :?: :?: :?:

maybe, I can help. Use this to mention the qualities that you feel make you 'qualified' for a B school and don't forget to cram in an instance as well demonstrating that quality.
That's what I did actually.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AllforMBA wrote:
aneeshchandran wrote:

maybe, I can help. Use this to mention the qualities that you feel make you 'qualified' for a B school and don't forget to cram in an instance as well demonstrating that quality.

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to be writing the letters of recommendation for your recommenders...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
shyamnambiar wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Calcortes wrote:

Had been to their event at Delhi and interacted with the Associate Dean. They interview in slots, it appears. And one can get interviewed even before the application is submitted. Perhaps they are trying to stagger it, or who knows, they may be looking at catching candidates who go to the campus and are inspired by it. Maybe those who visited UNC can elaborate on that aspect? :)

Correct, agree. This happened to me. I got an interview call before submitting application - and then interviewed on campus. It's a strategy to catch people who they are interested in - atleast that's what the admissions team told.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I think this is due to some growing pains at Kenan-Flagler. They saw a huge bump in applicants last year, and in previous years had a policy of interviewing everyone. The increased application numbers in recent years made the previous interview policy unsustainable. They are new to doing invitations for interviews, and with that they have some room to experiment. There is an opportunity to try some things that other schools aren't doing and see how effective the new strategies are.[/quote]

Had been to their event at Delhi and interacted with the Associate Dean. They interview in slots, it appears. And one can get interviewed even before the application is submitted. Perhaps they are trying to stagger it, or who knows, they may be looking at catching candidates who go to the campus and are inspired by it. Maybe those who visited UNC can elaborate on that aspect? :)[/quote]

Correct, agree. This happened to me. I got an interview call before submitting application - and then interviewed on campus. It's a strategy to catch people who they are interested in - atleast that's what the admissions team told.[/quote]

I got an interview invite just an hour after submitting my application. I thought Tepper was the fastest to send out invites but KF turned out to be even faster :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
AllforMBA wrote:
aneeshchandran wrote:

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to be writing the letters of recommendation for your recommenders...

correct. didn't write it myself but advised the recommender how to approach it. This question confused my recommenders as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I received an e-mail from Sherry Wallace offering me a waiver of my application fee because of my GMAT score as an encouragement to apply. Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail or offer? Don't get me wrong, I was excited and slightly encouraged by the offer. I've just never heard of such a thing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
mbaspiring wrote:
I received an e-mail from Sherry Wallace offering me a waiver of my application fee because of my GMAT score as an encouragement to apply. Did anyone else receive a similar e-mail or offer? Don't get me wrong, I was excited and slightly encouraged by the offer. I've just never heard of such a thing.

I received it too, a few months back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
mbaspiring wrote:

In my experience so far, quite a few schools are willing to waive the fees. KF offered me a waiver and for others, a mere email to them stating the score and experience led to a waiver
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi guys! What was your GMAT score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
sanrohan wrote:
Hi guys! What was your GMAT score?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts