Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
bertiewooster wrote:
Hi!

I am an R2 applicant invited to interview. I had written to Mr. Mehul Sampat requesting an appointment but received no reply. I then wrote to Sanjay Nath and Sunil Parikh today . Any suggestions on how I should go about this? Would it be preferable to go for Skype interview? I live in Pune and would have to travel to Mumbai/Bangalore for in-person interview.

Hey bertiewooster,
As per the posts in this thread, unfortunately most people haven't been able to schedule interviews with alums. They are mostly busy and non responsiveness at their end can be understood.
So I would suggest you to go ahead with a skype interview with an adcom member before it's too late (they have a schedule for a last interview date, so in order to avoid last moment panic, just book a date and time that suits you before it's gone )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
charu1990 wrote:
bertiewooster wrote:
Hi!

I am an R2 applicant invited to interview. I had written to Mr. Mehul Sampat requesting an appointment but received no reply. I then wrote to Sanjay Nath and Sunil Parikh today . Any suggestions on how I should go about this? Would it be preferable to go for Skype interview? I live in Pune and would have to travel to Mumbai/Bangalore for in-person interview.

Hey bertiewooster,
As per the posts in this thread, unfortunately most people haven't been able to schedule interviews with alums. They are mostly busy and non responsiveness at their end can be understood.
So I would suggest you to go ahead with a skype interview with an adcom member before it's too late (they have a schedule for a last interview date, so in order to avoid last moment panic, just book a date and time that suits you before it's gone )

Thanks for the info! I will schedule a Skype interview asap! Hope this goes well.

P.S. I'm your namesake coincidentally!haha!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
bertiewooster wrote:
P.S. I'm your namesake coincidentally!haha!

Haha :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry for the late post. Got busy with work and it totally slipped my mind to update you'll about my interview experience.
I had my interview on the 17th. As mentioned earlier by Round-1 applicants, it was extremely conversational and the interviewer made me comfortable throughout the process.
Questions:
1. Walk me through your life till date, starting from undergrad
2. What are your short and long term goals? Why MBA?
3. Why UNC?
4. Example of team project where you demonstrated leadership. What were your contributions?
5. Does your current employer know that you are applying for MBA?
6. Additional questions from your end.

Good luck to those who have interviewed and will be interviewing soon :) Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Hi all.. Although I have submitted all my application materials, the portal shows my application status as incomplete. At the same time, it shows that my application doesn't have any missing items. Till now, I have received 3 identical emails from the admissions office notifying me to submit the missing items of my application, to each of which i have replied and explained the fact that I have indeed submitted all my application materials. Also, Deepa Nair from the admissions office asked me for a pdf copy of my degree certificate and I emailed it to her. Today, I again for an email from her reminding me to send the pdf copy of my degree certificate. It's like they are not getting or reading my emails at all? I have also sent an email to mba_info@unc.edu but I have received no reply from them as well. What do I do now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ronnie123abc wrote:
Hi all.. Although I have submitted all my application materials, the portal shows my application status as incomplete. At the same time, it shows that my application doesn't have any missing items. Till now, I have received 3 identical emails from the admissions office notifying me to submit the missing items of my application, to each of which i have replied and explained the fact that I have indeed submitted all my application materials. Also, Deepa Nair from the admissions office asked me for a pdf copy of my degree certificate and I emailed it to her. Today, I again for an email from her reminding me to send the pdf copy of my degree certificate. It's like they are not getting or reading my emails at all? I have also sent an email to mba_info@unc.edu but I have received no reply from them as well. What do I do now?

Exactly the same situation with me !
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
So what have you done? Or plan to do? Should we call their office?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ronnie123abc wrote:
So what have you done? Or plan to do? Should we call their office?

I was thinking to wait till the holidays get over . Dont think anyone would be there these days ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
ronnie123abc wrote:

ronnie123abc look at your inbox!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi,

I was interviewed by the ad com today, but I didn't get the email id of my interviewer as she had directly called me on skype. Is there a place in the UNC website where I can find the email id of my interviewer as I want to send a thank you note. If I don't find the email id, shall I send a note on skype? Would it be considered unprofessional?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
abhirupmishra wrote:
Hi,

I was interviewed by the ad com today, but I didn't get the email id of my interviewer as she had directly called me on skype. Is there a place in the UNC website where I can find the email id of my interviewer as I want to send a thank you note. If I don't find the email id, shall I send a note on skype? Would it be considered unprofessional?

Would you know the name of the interviewer? We can try searching on the school website. I would recommend sending a thank you note over email instead of skype.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
debjeet wrote:
abhirupmishra wrote:
Hi,

Would you know the name of the interviewer? We can try searching on the school website. I would recommend sending a thank you note over email instead of skype.

Donna Bauman
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
abhirupmishra wrote:
Hi,

abhirupmishra,

I too had the same interviewer, have PMed you the email ID. All the best for the results! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:

abhirupmishra,

I too had the same interviewer, have PMed you the email ID. All the best for the results! :)

thanks a lot man! .. yea.. keeping my fingers crossed
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all R2 interviewed applicants!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hello everyone! I'm a round #1 applicant. I was placed on the waitlist after round#1 and received an interview invite on the 16th of December. I completely my Skype interview yesterday with John Hughes from the admissions committee. Just as everyone in the forum reported, the interview was very conversational and the following points were discussed:

1. Work responsibilities
2. ST/ LT goals
3. Why MBA? Why Kenan-Flagler?
4. Strengths and Areas of improvement.
5. Team-work examples.

We talked for about 35 minutes, with around 5 min dedicated for questions from my end. Overall, it was a good experience and I have a positive feeling about the interview..and now starts the dreaded waiting game! Congratulations to admitted students and all the best for prospective students!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Had my interview yesterday with Donna Bauman. Was very conversational, but technology issues at my end resulted in the interview starting 5 minutes later than scheduled - I was extremely apologetic for the delay and hope this doesnt have an adverse impact on the outcome. Something to worry about till Feb 1st.

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume, starting from undergrad
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Kenan-Flagler?
4. If admitted, how will you contribute to the Kenan-Flagler community
5. So far, i've asked you questions on expected lines, which you would be comfortable answering. Tell me a question you would be uncomfortable answering and your response to it. (I really dont know how i should have approached this - pick an easy question and you arent following the prompt. Pick a genuinely tough one and you are putting yourself on the spot!)
--At this point, we were 22 minutes into the conversation.
6. Questions you have for me.

Overall, i'm really a little nervous because of the delayed start and because i'm very unsure how I performed on question 5. Also, I felt she didnt ask me enough questions since we wrapped up all her questions in about 20 minutes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts