Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Got an invitation on Friday the 22nd via email. Just saw the mail...somehow missed reading it on Friday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Texas MBA at Mexico City Alumni Spotlight
The internationally-ranked Texas Executive MBA at Mexico City Program is a part-time, two year program designed for mid-career professionals and executives who want to stay close to home, but still earn a U.S. MBA. This dual-degree program awards an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin and a Master’s of Administration from Tecnológico de Monterrey – Campus Santa Fe.

Alumni Spotlight: Daniel Galvan Duque
A recent graduate from the Texas Executive MBA at Mexico City Program, Daniel Galvan Duque, has worked his way up through PepsiCo Mexico. As the Senior Marketing Manager for the Gatorade division in Mexico, Daniel is in charge of building and executing the strategic marketing plan for the sports brand. By conducting data analysis on consumers’ behavior and market trends, Daniel and his team develop the marketing campaigns that we are exposed to in our day-to-day. However, Daniel did not start his career on the Gatorade account.

In the beginning stages, Daniel worked on the bottler side of the business, working on implementing marketing activities in the field. His time on that side of the business “was interesting and educational” as he began “to understand the difficulties of implementing a marketing strategy at the consumers’ touch points,” Daniel recalls. Moving forward in his career, Daniel was given the opportunity to manage the marketing strategy for the Pepsi brand. This was especially challenging and exhilarating for him as he implemented his strategy in Mexico against large and tough competitors. Excelling in this position brought Daniel to where he is now, Gatorade, the perfect fit for our sports-loving alumni.

What was the most valuable lesson — inside or outside of the classroom — you learned while completing your MBA?

I loved the fact that there were a lot of smart people in the classes and that the weaknesses of some were the strengths of others and vice-versa. I was able to understand how important it is to work with the right people. You really do not need to know everything, you just need to make sure you are in a group of people that complement each other and the results can be amazing.

How has your McCombs MBA experience helped shape your success?

I think McCombs gave me a higher level view of business, it gave me perspective. I am much more capable of having more senior conversations with top management, which is really beginning to put me more in the spotlight. I still need to continue working on becoming a better advocate, but I do strongly believe that the program helped shape me into a better leader and a more balanced businessman.

What was your favorite memory of Austin Intensive?

I really enjoyed all of the intensives. It was a glimpse of living the Austin life. I always wished they lasted longer or that there was one every semester instead of just once every year. From walking around the 40 Acres to hitting the Gregory Gymnasium for an early run, from the case competition that kept us awake until 4:00 a.m., to going for a burger at Hopdoddy on South Congress. I would do it again anytime!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Any invite since yesterday?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Got an invitation at 11 AM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I am an India female applicant and completed my 3-year UG (the norm in India for commerce grads) from the central government University of India.

I just received an application rejection email from Adcom, 1 week after they sent me early interview invite.
The reason is my bachelor degree is only three-year and apparently incomparable to US bachelor which is unheard of. Since India's three-year bachelor degree is globally recognized and 90% schools in US accept it comparable to US bachelor. No where on the website is it explicitly stated that the three-year program is unacceptable to them, which is what the remaining 10% schools do.

McCombs is one of my target schools and do not want to let it go without a fight.

Any suggestions anyone?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manali21 wrote:
I am an India female applicant and completed my 3-year UG (the norm in India for commerce grads) from the central government University of India.

I just received an application rejection email from Adcom, 1 week after they sent me early interview invite.
The reason is my bachelor degree is only three-year and apparently incomparable to US bachelor which is unheard of. Since India's three-year bachelor degree is globally recognized and 90% schools in US accept it comparable to US bachelor. No where on the website is it explicitly stated that the three-year program is unacceptable to them, which is what the remaining 10% schools do.

McCombs is one of my target schools and do not want to let it go without a fight.

Any suggestions anyone?

That's really unfortunate. If you don't mind could you share your degree and university name. It'll be really helpful for others here because this is the first I'm hearing of an app being rejected because of this reason.

Most of the times such a decision would be under the purview of the University (UT) and not the individual school (McCombs). This is what I found on their FAQ page :

Quote:
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution. The Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) will determine eligibility for admission in consultation with prospective graduate programs. If you have questions on whether or not your international degree is equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree, please contact the Graduate and International Admission Center.

I suggest you start a conversation with GIAC. Let us know how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manali21 wrote:

Any suggestions anyone?

Hey Manali - My application has been rejected on the same grounds which is really shocking and disappointing considering I graduated from one of the most well-recognized universities in India, Delhi University. Planning to get in touch with them to understand their POV. Let me know what they say and I'll post any updates I have too.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Hey anyone got interview invite after the first wave during 21-22...?

Indian male applicant with 5 years work ex & 700 GMAT...anyone with this kind of profile got an invite...?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Interview Update:

I completed my interview with McCombs last wednesday,
Inteview type: Skype
Interviewer: Second year student.

The questions were pretty standard ones, like walk thru resume, Goals, key strengths you bring to McCombs community etc.

One notable point though, since the interviewer for skype interviews(i believe same is true for in-person campus) are second year students. SO they might not be as experienced as adcom member and i felt the questions were pretty much written down and fired at me one after the other.

But the good part of same is you can get a little bit more comfortable and start your conversation on the lighter note like you are talking to a new friend. You have to make that extra effort though. Not curve balls, no brain teasers.. As with any other schools, be ready with 5-6 stories from professional, personal and extra curricular life..

Cheers guys.. all the best.. hope we all recieve good news at the end of it..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Send PM
I submitted my application on Jan 12 for Round 2.
Any idea till when McCombs will send the interview invite ? Has people already started getting invites ?
Will they send a rejection mail in case I'm not considered for interview ?
Guys, can anyone help me out here ? I'm an international applicant from India.
This uncertainty is really tough ! :D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
declined McCombs waitlist. Chose NYU Stern. Good luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
declined McCombs. Chose NYU Stern. Good luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received my interview invite on Jan 22. I saw local alumni in the interviewer directory that are in my field, so I passed up a spot to interview at the local admissions event to reach out.

Since then, I have emailed and waited to hear back from 4 different alumni interview contacts. Radio silence from all - an "I'm not available" email would be very welcome.

Originally posted by jbmnyc on 01 Feb 2016, 09:32.
Last edited by jbmnyc on 03 Feb 2016, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hi,
today i had face-to-face interview with recent grad. Overall interview was rather interesting, lasted 1 hour. I could not read the interviewer whether i was doing good or not. So i have received following questions:
1. Walk me through your resume? - Several times i was asked deeper questions, what exactly was done and how. What were the results.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why McCombs?
4. Short term goal and Plan B?
5. Unique solution to the problem?
6. Most proud accomplishment?
7. What have you learned about yourself during application process?
8. How do you plan to contribute?
9. Please share some other additional information about yourself that has NOT been included in your application?
10. The biggest challenge during your current work?
and some other questions.
Some insights, all the questions are written for interviewer in special format and they follow the conversation and immidietly put your reasoning on paper, thus a few proposals:
1. Prepare all answers to the questions listed in this thread and practice
2. Answer should contain straightforward reasoning, thus for interviewer it would be easy to follow your story and write it down.

Good luck to all. I hope i did good and i will receive positive review.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
mika84 wrote:
Hi,
today i had face-to-face interview with recent grad. Overall interview was rather interesting, lasted 1 hour. I could not read the interviewer whether i was doing good or not. So i have received following questions:
1. Walk me through your resume? - Several times i was asked deeper questions, what exactly was done and how. What were the results.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why McCombs?
4. Short term goal and Plan B?
5. Unique solution to the problem?
6. Most proud accomplishment?
7. What have you learned about yourself during application process?
8. How do you plan to contribute?
9. Please share some other additional information about yourself that has NOT been included in your application?
10. The biggest challenge during your current work?
and some other questions.
Some insights, all the questions are written for interviewer in special format and they follow the conversation and immidietly put your reasoning on paper, thus a few proposals:
1. Prepare all answers to the questions listed in this thread and practice
2. Answer should contain straightforward reasoning, thus for interviewer it would be easy to follow your story and write it down.

Good luck to all. I hope i did good and i will receive positive review.

Congrats and best luck for the result.

Could you elaborate on question#5. Regarding the unique thing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
chinoo411 wrote:

Congrats and best luck for the result.

Could you elaborate on question#5. Regarding the unique thing?

Yes sure, the question was please describe the situation when you proposed or implemented unique solution to the problem. -
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
I had an on campus interview with a senior student. Same set of questions and it was mostly conversational. Fingers crossed now.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts