Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
Admitted!!! So glad!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
admitted from India ... phew !!! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any update on scholarships ? was some1 offered $$ ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Heads-up on scholarships:

Called McCombs this morning and asked when admitted students would be notified. I was told by them that they couldn't really provide an answer to the question, because while R1 admits receive their scholarship info at the time of admission, R2 scholarships can be awarded at any point in the cycle following admission. Basically, don't call us, we'll call you. No firm timetables at all were given.

Looking back at the thread from last year, R2 scholarship information started going out by e-mail around April 2 and April 3. Maybe that happens again this year, but maybe not. After all, they started sending out R2 admits last year in mid-March, well before the official release date, and they went all the way down to the final hour this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Applied in R2..Got an update that I have been wait-listed. I haven't even been interviewed. Could anyone tell me what that means?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BrotherTN750 wrote:
Heads-up on scholarships:

Called McCombs this morning and asked when admitted students would be notified. I was told by them that they couldn't really provide an answer to the question, because while R1 admits receive their scholarship info at the time of admission, R2 scholarships can be awarded at any point in the cycle following admission. Basically, don't call us, we'll call you. No firm timetables at all were given.

Looking back at the thread from last year, R2 scholarship information started going out by e-mail around April 2 and April 3. Maybe that happens again this year, but maybe not. After all, they started sending out R2 admits last year in mid-March, well before the official release date, and they went all the way down to the final hour this year.

thanks a lot man !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any thread for the part-time program for McCombs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Anyone sensing something weird about R2? Only 15 Admitted so far...
Don't know why but either people are suddenly not reporting decisions here or we had a massive wave of WL/dings this rounds. ..
I was checking R1vsR2 reports and the difference is impressive. If somebody can clarify a possible reason, I would appreciate!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
I'm a R2 admit from China. As far as I know, there are about 10 Chinese admits for R2. I think it's just not all people are reporting.

nandoval wrote:
Anyone sensing something weird about R2? Only 15 Admitted so far...
Don't know why but either people are suddenly not reporting decisions here or we had a massive wave of WL/dings this rounds. ..
I was checking R1vsR2 reports and the difference is impressive. If somebody can clarify a possible reason, I would appreciate!
Any idea when Round 3 interview invites are sent out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: The Waitlist: FAQs & How Tos
From the Texas MBA Admissions Team:

The Texas MBA Program Admissions Team is a very lucky bunch. We receive many applications from highly qualified applicants, which we are regrettably not all able to fit inside our four walls of physical space. The result of this limitation is candidates being placed on the waitlist. This is not a final decision from the Texas MBA Admissions Committee, rather, a place to wait and see what unfolds.

Admittedly, it can be a challenging place for applicants to be, given its uncertainty and lack of a clear timeline and expectations, but we feel very strongly that it is also a wonderful opportunity, an exercise in patience, and a gift of time not given to all who apply.
In order to better assist our applicants on the waitlist, below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions with regards to the waitlist decision timeline, supplemental material requests, interviews, feedback and other common questions.

WAITLIST FAQ’s:

WAITLIST TIMELINE AND DECISIONS:

When will I have a final decision?

The Texas MBA Admissions Committee periodically reviews candidates currently on the waitlist (as it seeks to balance the diversity of the incoming class), but we are not able to offer a concrete timeline of when you will hear your final decision. This is due to the uncertain and often unpredictable nature of the admissions process, and we are not able to predict the movement of the incoming class.

What is the latest date anyone has been admitted from the Waitlist?

We are unable to guarantee a timeline of when you will hear a final decision, however most decisions are typically released by early summer. In rare circumstances, decisions have been released as late as mid-to-late summer. While this is not a common occurrence, you are able to remain on the waitlist as long as you are willing to continue being considered for admission. If your personal decision-making timeline does not allow you to remain on the waitlist, you are able to request to be removed at any time by emailing MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu. We are not able to honor early decision requests from candidates on the waitlist.

What if I am an international student on the waitlist and I need a decision in order to begin the visa application process?

We are aware of the timelines required of international students and obtaining a visa. We understand that international applicants need time to process a visa, but unfortunately we may not know the final diversity and make-up of our class. Therefore, you may choose to remove yourself from the waitlist due to visa timing issues.

WAITLIST SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS:

Can I submit new materials for consideration to enhance my candidacy?

As the Admissions Committee periodically reviews candidates on the waitlist, there may be an opportunity for supplemental information or materials to be submitted for further consideration of your candidacy. It is not a guarantee that we will ask for an update or more information if we feel we have enough information in your original application to render a final decision. While typically we ask that candidates wait until prompted by admissions staff to provide supplemental information, we understand that there may be timely information or updates that you consider important. With regards to this type of new information (such as a recent promotion, a new test score, or a new job), you may inform the Admissions Committee by emailing the updated information to MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu.

When can I submit supplemental materials and how much lead-time will you give me to collect them?

In the event that the Admissions Committee requests additional or supplemental information to further consider your candidacy, an email will be sent to all candidates currently on the waitlist approximately one week prior to the review period so there is plenty of time to collect materials for submission.

What kind of supplemental materials do you ask for?

While we can ask for a range of materials, typically it is a new resume, recent job promotion information, or a new test score. Occasionally, we might ask to clarify your career goals or provide us with your back-up plan.

How can I submit these materials?

Specific submission instructions will be sent along with the request for information, but typically supplemental materials can be sent directly to MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu in the form of scanned PDF files to be uploaded manually to your application by our admissions staff (your application in the system cannot be edited once submitted).

I want to reiterate my interest & enthusiasm for the Texas MBA Program, but don’t have specific updates (as listed above). How can I do this?

The Admissions Committee prefers that you wait to be solicited for any supplemental items, and that any sent are material updates to your application. Please refer to the list of acceptable materials/information above. However, if you would like to let us know where the Texas MBA Program ranks among your choices of schools, why we are the best fit for you and your career goals, or what other schools you are applying to, you may send that information along to the MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu email address and we will be sure to include it as an attachment to your application.

Who should I direct my questions or supplemental materials to?

All waitlist inquiries and supplemental information should be sent to MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu. We will ensure that your materials and information are uploaded to your application for the Admissions Committee’s review.

WAITLIST INTERVIEWS:

Will I get a chance to interview if I’m placed on the waitlist and I haven’t already interviewed?

Interview invitations can come at any time during the admissions cycle. We do not interview all candidates on the waitlist. If we deem it necessary, we will request an interview while you are on the waitlist to further assess your candidacy. Please wait for an invitation via email.

WAITLIST APPLICATION FEEDBACK:

Can I receive specific feedback on my application?

We are not able to provide individual feedback on your application due to both the large volume of applications we receive and fairness to other applicants in the pool. However, we are always willing to discuss what makes a strong application, generally. This information is discussed in detail on our website.

GENERAL WAITLIST QUESTIONS:

How many people are placed on the waitlist in a given year?

Each year, we receive approximately 2,000+ applications in total and the incoming class is approximately 270. While there are many qualified individuals, we are limited by the amount of space in our classrooms. The Admissions Committee thoroughly reviews each application holistically, but due to the extremely competitive applicant pool, the waitlist includes very strong candidates that we do not have room for at the time of decision notification. Each year, the applicant pool changes (different people apply) and the strength of that pool varies. Therefore, the size and strength of the waitlist varies considerably year-to-year.

Why haven’t I been contacted with further instructions, asked for an update on decision timing, or been sent a request for further information?

The Admissions Committee reviews candidates currently on the waitlist on a rolling basis depending on space created in the incoming class. As the timing of movement is largely out of our control, we are not able to predict key timelines associated with the waitlist until later in the admissions cycle. We would not be able to send you further instructions for gathering supplemental materials if we were not able to identify potential room in the incoming class. We ask that you continue to remain patient as we gain insight into the availability of space in the incoming class and trust that we will reach out to you in a timely fashion should we require further information or have any material updates regarding your candidacy.

Should I request an early decision if I have other enrollment deadlines to adhere to?

We are not able to honor early decision requests from candidates on the waitlist. If the Texas MBA Program is at or near the top of your list of schools, we recommend you remain on the waitlist as long as your decision-timeline can bear. The reason not to request an early decision is that at the time of your requested early decision date, we may not have a full picture of available space in the class.

Is there an appeal process if I did not get admitted off the waitlist?

All admission decisions are considered final for a given application cycle (i.e., year). You are welcome to reapply to the program again the next year. We do not hold this season’s application against you. We evaluate your new application on its merits and in the context of the new applicant pool.

Texas MBA Admissions

MBAWaitlist@mccombs.utexas.edu512-471-7698
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V48
Send PM
Have anybody from R2 received any information about scholarship yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
VanDang wrote:
Have anybody from R2 received any information about scholarship yet?

I asked one of the Admissions officers, and he said that currently they do not have any scholarships available for R2 admits. Apparently the priority deadline for scholarships is R1, but usually not everyone accepts and they have additional funding to provide in R2. They said that his was not the case this year, and more R1 admits accepted than in prior years. So long story short, it looks like no scholarships for R2 admits like us :(
Apparently someone got an interview invite on livewire. Hopefully there are more to come.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
runNYC07 wrote:
I asked one of the Admissions officers, and he said that currently they do not have any scholarships available for R2 admits. Apparently the priority deadline for scholarships is R1, but usually not everyone accepts and they have additional funding to provide in R2. They said that his was not the case this year, and more R1 admits accepted than in prior years. So long story short, it looks like no scholarships for R2 admits like us :(

This must be correct because I haven't seen a single report of any scholarship money being given out to any R2 applicant. Personally, I can also say that I have been told by admissions that I would get no scholarship, even though my raw stats are well above the McCombs admit averages (not that it is necessarily dispositive on this point, but worth mentioning).

Not sure how I feel about this, really. On the one hand, if R1 accepts are significantly higher, that has to be considered a good indicator for McCombs moving in a positive direction. That kind of makes me feel like I should just take on the debt and go for it. On the other hand, this feels somewhat underhanded that McCombs isn't being up front with applicants and just letting them know that they have no scholarship funds available for any non-R1 applicants. It's one thing to say that R1 is your "priority deadline' for scholarships, but to say that there is $0.00 and for all non-R1 applicants is a totally different deal. I would speculate there are a lot of applicants out there who wouldn't have applied to McCombs had they known that (R3 in particular), and a lot of R2 applicants who may have put in tuition deposits elsewhere had they known that earlier in the process.

Also, what does that mean, "currently"? If the scholarship money is all gone, it's gone. Just say that explicitly and let people know that they may have literally a few bucks to dole out later in the event that some R1 scholarship admits who have sent in their tuition deposit decide to bail later this summer, but there won't be many of those and there won't be any real amount of money to give out then to R2 and R3 applicants. Otherwise, what's going to come down the pike later? Unless some donor is planning on giving McCombs a fortune in the next couple of months, nothing. Again, just feels like they should be a lot more open about this with its applicants. I get it that higher education is a business and they are in this for themselves, but this just doesn't strike me the way that the good faith manner in which I think they should interact with their applicants.
Very excited, got an interview invite!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
BrotherTN750 wrote:
runNYC07 wrote:

This must be correct because I haven't seen a single report of any scholarship money being given out to any R2 applicant. Personally, I can also say that I have been told by admissions that I would get no scholarship, even though my raw stats are well above the McCombs admit averages (not that it is necessarily dispositive on this point, but worth mentioning).

Not sure how I feel about this, really. On the one hand, if R1 accepts are significantly higher, that has to be considered a good indicator for McCombs moving in a positive direction. That kind of makes me feel like I should just take on the debt and go for it. On the other hand, this feels somewhat underhanded that McCombs isn't being up front with applicants and just letting them know that they have no scholarship funds available for any non-R1 applicants. It's one thing to say that R1 is your "priority deadline' for scholarships, but to say that there is $0.00 and for all non-R1 applicants is a totally different deal. I would speculate there are a lot of applicants out there who wouldn't have applied to McCombs had they known that (R3 in particular), and a lot of R2 applicants who may have put in tuition deposits elsewhere had they known that earlier in the process.

Also, what does that mean, "currently"? If the scholarship money is all gone, it's gone. Just say that explicitly and let people know that they may have literally a few bucks to dole out later in the event that some R1 scholarship admits who have sent in their tuition deposit decide to bail later this summer, but there won't be many of those and there won't be any real amount of money to give out then to R2 and R3 applicants. Otherwise, what's going to come down the pike later? Unless some donor is planning on giving McCombs a fortune in the next couple of months, nothing. Again, just feels like they should be a lot more open about this with its applicants. I get it that higher education is a business and they are in this for themselves, but this just doesn't strike me the way that the good faith manner in which I think they should interact with their applicants.

For the most part, I agree, but they can't just say "hey guys we have no scholarship monies." Also, they might be on a tiered model for how scholarships are released but aren't sure how the additional funding will be allocated/cleared up (Ex. it might be allocated to other graduate programs/undergraduate programs).

My hope is that interview notices will come out by this week, but it seems like for R3 applicants, this is gonna be a really competitive pool.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts