It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 23:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 20:12
FuturePM91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am finishing up my application this week and have gotten to the option social media post thing where they ask for a pinterest board/instagram/tweet on why McCombs....just curious what everyone is going with and if anyone is doing a pinterest board how many pins? Should this just be a short little thing? My gut goes with yes since twitter is also an option..

Funny you mention that, I was just talking about that on the bus with some classmates this morning. I think it could only help your application by doing it, I think McCombs really wants people who want to be there. However, for those who may be reading that aren't as enthusiastic about it, none of the five of us had done it. Since I didn't personally do it, I can't really help on the length/effort that should be put in.

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 06:03
TXRock wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am finishing up my application this week and have gotten to the option social media post thing where they ask for a pinterest board/instagram/tweet on why McCombs....just curious what everyone is going with and if anyone is doing a pinterest board how many pins? Should this just be a short little thing? My gut goes with yes since twitter is also an option..

Funny you mention that, I was just talking about that on the bus with some classmates this morning. I think it could only help your application by doing it, I think McCombs really wants people who want to be there. However, for those who may be reading that aren't as enthusiastic about it, none of the five of us had done it. Since I didn't personally do it, I can't really help on the length/effort that should be put in.

Thanks a lot! So sounds like its ok to fill my pinterest board with breakfast tacos + a few McCombs related things then....but mostly tacos. (just kidding) :lol:

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 21:58
FuturePM91 wrote:
TXRock wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot! So sounds like its ok to fill my pinterest board with breakfast tacos + a few McCombs related things then....but mostly tacos. (just kidding) :lol:

Everyone in Austin loves tacos.

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 06:52
Submitted my application last night! I send my official scores last November when I took the GMAT..I am guessing that it takes a couple of days for them to match up the scores to my application? Also when I log in to my status page it says I don't have an application submitted but to check back in a couple of days since it may be processing....I still need to upload my transcripts and pay the fee...wish I could've just done everything at once.

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 227 [0], given: 200

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 07:21
FuturePM91 wrote:
Submitted my application last night! I send my official scores last November when I took the GMAT..I am guessing that it takes a couple of days for them to match up the scores to my application? Also when I log in to my status page it says I don't have an application submitted but to check back in a couple of days since it may be processing....I still need to upload my transcripts and pay the fee...wish I could've just done everything at once.

Hey buddy ..did u submitted an introduction video ?? or did u write an essay for that ?

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 07:27
mihir0710 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Hey buddy ..did u submitted an introduction video ?? or did u write an essay for that ?

Hi!

I wrote mine since I had already written another similar essay.

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 07:28
My app now says "in review" :o :o :o

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 07:37
FuturePM91 wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Hi!

I wrote mine since I had already written another similar essay.

Great ...Best of luck with the application ...

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 07:40
Hey all,

what does admit students and other applicant think about this ??
Video Essay or Written one ??

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 56

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 12:32
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

Video essays should be preferred by the Adcom as it helps them to gauge the applicant's personality.

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 56

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 12:34
vivek6199 wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

Video essays should be preferred by the Adcom as it helps them to gauge the applicant's personality.

Has an adcom member told you this? I don't think we should speculate...personally I feel like if one version was preferred over the other they would either state that or not give you a choice..

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 12:37
vivek6199 wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

I don't think this is true. They said either one is fine. One of the committee member specifically told me to do what I am comfortable with.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 14

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 145 [1], given: 56

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 13:11
This post received
KUDOS
There are some things which nobody tells. These are the questions behind the questions.The video option shows the Adcoms that the person is willing to invest the time and effort to create something unique specifically for Mccombs rather than just submitting an essay which could be used for multiple schools. The passion to join Mccombs will be shown better in a video rather than an essay. Having said that, the aim should be to excel in whatever mode that is chosen and to convince them that you want to be a part of their class. If someone can do it better via words then the essays should be preferred. Also, the Adcoms do not want the students to stress out much and chose a medium just for the sake of it. - This is solely my personal view :-) :-) Several consultants have confirmed the same.

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 145 [1], given: 56

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 21:36
This post received
KUDOS
FuturePM91 wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

Has an adcom member told you this? I don't think we should speculate...personally I feel like if one version was preferred over the other they would either state that or not give you a choice..

I think you should play to your strengths as much as possible during the admission process. I saw some great application videos from classmates, however for a majority of people it may not be the best format to allow for them to convey their thoughts and/or strengths. I personally wrote an essay, and don't believe there is a "preferred format". Do whatever will allow for you to put together the strongest application.

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 958 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 00:15
Hey Guys,

Is anyone else facing this issue whenever you click on any of the tabs on their site? I need to start working on App today itself but the website is not working. :'(
Attachments

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 119.79 KiB | Viewed 733 times ]

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 01:28
abhimahna wrote:
Hey Guys,

Is anyone else facing this issue whenever you click on any of the tabs on their site? I need to start working on App today itself but the website is not working. :'(

Same here:(

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 02:57
bblestrange wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Hey Guys,

Same here:(

Me too !!!

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 01:20
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

I've done video essay. I am totally fine with this format and I think that visual appearance can work better in my case.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Board of Directors
D

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 01:22
asker4ik13 wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey all,

I've done video essay. I am totally fine with this format and I think that visual appearance can work better in my case.

Yeah, Video essay it is. I am also done with the same.

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 01:24
Yes ..settled with a video essay ..

Abhishek the site is working right now ..m submitting my app in another hour or so

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2017, 01:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 292 posts ] 

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap