Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
16 Dec 2017, 05:06
Private, GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.6; WE: 168 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
KLC wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
So I’m confused. My Ross admission letter didn’t have a financial aid letter attached then I got an email that said we forgot to send you financial aid letter so we are sending it here but that email just said how to apply for loans does that just mean no aid? Anyone else have a similar email issue?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I'm in the same boat.

The 1st para of the follow up email says: "It has come to our attention that your Financial Aid information attachment was not included in your electronic admit pack sent earlier today. Therefore, we are sending this as a separate email. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

The bold text (bold styling added by me) makes me think the content of the email would have been the 3rd attachment. Which means we didnt get any scholarship but the 3rd attachment is only to give generic info on getting loans... I love Ross but cannot look past the $$'s UCLA has offered.. I guess it helps in making the decision

You could try negotiating and see what they say. Worst they can say is no.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
KLC wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
So I’m confused. My Ross admission letter didn’t have a financial aid letter attached then I got an email that said we forgot to send you financial aid letter so we are sending it here but that email just said how to apply for loans does that just mean no aid? Anyone else have a similar email issue?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I'm in the same boat.

The 1st para of the follow up email says: "It has come to our attention that your Financial Aid information attachment was not included in your electronic admit pack sent earlier today. Therefore, we are sending this as a separate email. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

The bold text (bold styling added by me) makes me think the content of the email would have been the 3rd attachment. Which means we didnt get any scholarship but the 3rd attachment is only to give generic info on getting loans... I love Ross but cannot look past the $$'s UCLA has offered.. I guess it helps in making the decision

You could try negotiating and see what they say. Worst they can say is no.

Thanks, yes will try that...
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
16 Dec 2017, 08:43
Private, GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.74; WE: 96 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
16 Dec 2017, 10:25
Private, GMAT: 740, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.7; WE: 108 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:

Worst they can say is no.

I actually just had someone who once worked in the Haas admissions office tell me there's "always a risk they rescind an offer entirely" which totally floored me. I think he was referring to instances where admits perhaps treat it more like a demand and are a bit pushy.

That said I've never heard/seen that possibility before so maybe just take it as a cautionary reminder to keep it a pleasant and gentle request. And given the cost of the program/2 years it really is worth at least asking (at least for me).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
redfield wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Worst they can say is no.

I actually just had someone who once worked in the Haas admissions office tell me there's "always a risk they rescind an offer entirely" which totally floored me. I think he was referring to instances where admits perhaps treat it more like a demand and are a bit pushy.

That said I've never heard/seen that possibility before so maybe just take it as a cautionary reminder to keep it a pleasant and gentle request. And given the cost of the program/2 years it really is worth at least asking (at least for me).

Interesting. I’ve always heard that once you are admitted the only time they rescind an offer if you do something that calls into question your character such as lying or other things that could potentially embarrass the school. (For example the Harvard undergrads that posted racist memes on social media)

I think you should just treat it as any job offer, in fact I would think that not negotiating will put you at a financial disadvantage compared to others who do....obviously OBVIOUSLY don’t be demanding or rude just because there is never a reason to be demanding or rude in any circumstances in or outside of admissions but it’s not going to hurt you to request financial aid.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Did anyone not get an email from Ross? Like no interview, waitlist or rejection. IV gotten nothing. Checked spam as well. Checked application portal.

Posted from my mobile device
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 09:47
Private, via Email [#permalink]
Denied
14 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 09:55
godot53 GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 4; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
aj2428 wrote:
Did anyone not get an email from Ross? Like no interview, waitlist or rejection. IV gotten nothing. Checked spam as well. Checked application portal.

Posted from my mobile device

aj2428 did you get an e-mail on setting up a UM Friend account and then and logging into Wolverine Access to learn your decision? There was no e-mail for me that the official decision was posted but after 12 pm on Friday the official decision showed up on Wolverine Access.

I think you might be able to set it up without the e-mail if the application portal has assigned you a UM ID number (or you can find it elsewhere). Here is the link to create an account- https://friend.weblogin.umich.edu/friend/

Instructions from the e-mail- "Create your UM Friend Account using the email address used in your application for admission. Please note when setting up your Friend Account, you will receive a follow-up email asking you to validate personal information – your UM ID number as shown above in this email and your birthdate in the following format, mm/dd/yyyy."

The UM ID number was in the e-mail with instructions though. If you didn't receive that e-mail or you can't find your UM ID number on the application portal (or maybe the confirmation e-mail from Ross when you submitted your app) then you should probably just reach out to admissions for more info. Hope that helps!

EDIT: I looked on the application portal and through old e-mails and was not able to find the UM ID there. The application number in my confirmation e-mail was not the same as my UM ID they sent. Probably will need to give them a call or e-mail on Monday if you got no e-mail from them on setting up a UM Friends account. I received that e-mail on December 8th at 2:38 pm (US Eastern Time) and it was titled "Instructions to use on Dec 15 to access your Michigan Ross Admission Decision" from Rossadmissions@umich.edu.
Waitlisted
15 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 12:22
SQOY GMAT: 730, Q47, V44; WE: 46 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
15 Dec, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 18:14
Private, GMAT: 670, Q44, V37; GPA: 3.8; WE: 100 months; Brazil; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Congratulation to all those who are accepted :)

I want your help. I had applied last year in R2, got dinged. I am reapplying now in R2( I know R1 would have been the best round). I read a lot of posts on re-application in second round thus I am scared that it won't be the best approach, but honestly I don't want to wait for another year. Actually, as I applied in R2 last year, I wanted to have a good amount of progress/ update before I apply again so I am applying now. Do you think the timing will be total held against me? Is there any case of selection of a re-applicant in R2?

And If you guys feel, I can apply in R2, can anyone suggest me what format of re-application essay or update letter they used? Is it like a normal letter or an essay?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
him01ume wrote:

I want your help. I had applied last year in R2, got dinged. I am reapplying now in R2( I know R1 would have been the best round). I read a lot of posts on re-application in second round thus I am scared that it won't be the best approach, but honestly I don't want to wait for another year. Actually, as I applied in R2 last year, I wanted to have a good amount of progress/ update before I apply again so I am applying now. Do you think the timing will be total held against me? Is there any case of selection of a re-applicant in R2?

And If you guys feel, I can apply in R2, can anyone suggest me what format of re-application essay or update letter they used? Is it like a normal letter or an essay?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I do think it would be quite difficult to crack a reapplication in Round 2. That said, if you do have significant improvements (the biggest one being GMAT score, a legit promotion, and stronger letter of recs), who knows what can happen? Won't hurt to try.

Ross does allow you to write a reapplication essay (plus the new essays for this year).
Admitted
14 Dec, 2017
18 Dec 2017, 06:50
Private, GMAT: 740, Q49, V41; GPA: 3; Brazil; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi Souvik,

Thanks for the response. Actually, I do have a new GMAT 750 from 720 last year. I was promoted last year just before the application so didn't really have much to showcase but this time after a year, I have a lot in my new role. And pretty much my reco is also way stronger because of my last project. So do you think, I can give it a serious try?

And about reapplication essay, they say "Update letter". So I am doubtful as on gmatclub, I read on a last year post to actually write in bullet points. Do you think that makes sense?

TIA

souvik101990 wrote:
him01ume wrote:

Thanks a lot in advance!

I do think it would be quite difficult to crack a reapplication in Round 2. That said, if you do have significant improvements (the biggest one being GMAT score, a legit promotion, and stronger letter of recs), who knows what can happen? Won't hurt to try.

Ross does allow you to write a reapplication essay (plus the new essays for this year).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts