GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Thread Master
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 09:23
mrsonmax wrote:
There is one dangerous assumption there. That all mba applicants have been super efficient at work. I would love to think so but maybe the correlation is not as good as adcoms would like it to be =) maybe its more about presenting work in the "mba compatible" way just like gmat score is all about getting trained for gmat =) Scandalous stuff ..

Posted from my mobile device

You said it, not me ;)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 12:56
Guess I'm not the only one still waiting for wave 2. Have any dual-degree applicants gotten invited yet?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 13:02
I’m a consortium applicant waiting for wave 2- the anxiety is killing me!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 13:40
Anyone know how to activate that chatroom we were all hanging out in while waiting for wave 1 invites?
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 13:44
NJackson40 wrote:
Anyone know how to activate that chatroom we were all hanging out in while waiting for wave 1 invites?

Activate? It should be atop your bar at the top of the screen. I see 10 people in it at the moment.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 13:52
sprinni wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Activate? It should be atop your bar at the top of the screen. I see 10 people in it at the moment.

Thanks mate. I'm just a moron and don't know how to navigate this site haha.
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 13:53
NJackson40 wrote:
sprinni wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Thanks mate. I'm just a moron and don't know how to navigate this site haha.

No you aren't. Best of luck today.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:08
sprinni wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:
sprinni wrote:

Thank you. You're the Fuqua thread master right? Tuesday will be a big day for us too then!
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:11
NJackson40 wrote:

Thank you. You're the Fuqua thread master right? Tuesday will be a big day for us too then!

Luckily, it's portal release. Once I get a notification of someone receiving an update, I'll check my portal.

Tuesday can't get here soon enough.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:21
sprinni wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Luckily, it's portal release. Once I get a notification of someone receiving an update, I'll check my portal.

Ah so Duke will not send an email? Just gotta check the portal through the OneLink access that was sent out after submission?
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:22
NJackson40 wrote:
sprinni wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Ah so Duke will not send an email? Just gotta check the portal through the OneLink access that was sent out after submission?

If consistent with last year, yes. Between 3-5 PM EST based on prior year R2 invites.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:39
Does anyone know when the consortium interview day is for round 2 applicants? I know consortium applicants have a specific date for interviews

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 14:57
Anyone heard anything yet? OR we have to wait till next week for the 2nd wave of interview invites!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.32
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:00
Not seen anything here or on clearadmit. Looks like another few days of waiting
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:02
iceman313 wrote:
Does anyone know when the consortium interview day is for round 2 applicants? I know consortium applicants have a specific date for interviews

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

It’s next weekend the 1-3.

I applied Via the Consortium and didn’t get an invitation BUT was told that Consortium applicants can still receive invitations during the second wave...today? Next Wednesday?

I’m on pins and needles! Not to assume anything, but it’d be a tough pill to swallow if I didnt Get an invite!

Congrats to all who have Ross answers and GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting!!!
Senior RC Moderator
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:03
Top Contributor
agadodia wrote:
Anyone heard anything yet? OR we have to wait till next week for the 2nd wave of interview invites!

I'm not sure if they are going to send it today. But it should be done next Wednesday since the team exercise is starting on Feb 3rd in Ann Arbor.

And invitations for the international location where they are planning to have team exercise should have been done since the exercise begins tomorrow in Sao Paulo.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:06
I agree! Since the interview schedules are coming up fast, the invites should hopefully come by early next week- max by wednesday!

All the best everyone!
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:48
Its a bit unfair to be honest for wave two people since they state that the wave you were bulked in has no bearing on the competitiveness of your application. Since they wont alert wave two till probably Jan 31st now, that leaves only two of their three possible weekends to come to campus to interview. They also state that "on-campus availability is limited and fills up quickly". On top of that, for those coming from far out of state, a flight get crazy expensive booking only a week or two max from departure. Nothing we can do of course, but a bit frustrating.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:59
NJackson40 wrote:
Its a bit unfair to be honest for wave two people since they state that the wave you were bulked in has no bearing on the competitiveness of your application. Since they wont alert wave two till probably Jan 31st now, that leaves only two of their three possible weekends to come to campus to interview. They also state that "on-campus availability is limited and fills up quickly". On top of that, for those coming from far out of state, a flight get crazy expensive booking only a week or two max from departure. Nothing we can do of course, but a bit frustrating.

You spoke my mind! I was just thinking on the same lines! But I guess we can just hope for invites now, irrespective of how close it is to the interview dates. I just wish they send it out early in the week and not wait for Wednesday or end of the week.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 16:11
agadodia wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

You spoke my mind! I was just thinking on the same lines! But I guess we can just hope for invites now, irrespective of how close it is to the interview dates. I just wish they send it out early in the week and not wait for Wednesday or end of the week.

Yes the sooner the better! I could see if wave one was their top people and wave two was spots left over, then you would just be elated to have squeezed in. But since the waves are equal and randomly divided seems like a disadvantage.

Obviously I’m going to be excited if I get an invite period, but I can assure you that had I been able to book a flight after wave one it would probably cost half what it’s going to, and coming from the southwest, no matter the airline it’s going to be really pricey booking only a week or so out, (if there are even in campus spots still available by then). But I want to come to campus since I wasn’t able to come for a campus visit.

Oh well. Gotta control what you can. Fingers crossed for us all to have good news Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 26 Jan 2018, 16:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  48    Next  [ 952 posts ] 

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap