It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 06:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Invited to Interview
12 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 740, Q47, V45; GPA: 3.35; WE: 51 months; India; via Email
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
stuholtz4 GMAT: 690, Q46, V38; GPA: 3.49; WE: 73 months; United States, GA; via Email
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 11:31
agadodia wrote:
Sadly got the ding! :( Had high hopes on Ross and its real sad to get this ding! Hope to have something positive from the other schools!

All the best to others still waiting on Ross!

I'm very sorry to hear this. Stay positive!
Quick question for you. When did you apply and interview?
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
iamheisenberg GMAT: 730, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.36; WE: 85 months; United Arab Emirates; via Email
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
Some time ago i requested people to post their interview feedbacks (and got some great responses, thank you folks!).
Now its my time to give back and put my report here for applicants to use.

First of all, i have to say that this was the coolest interview of all 5 i had, and pretty much the easiest one which is amazing because other schools i talked to were below Ross in ranking.
So the whole thing lasted only 30 min versus usual 45-50 mins. This was not meant though, it just happened that we started a little late and connection was bad for the first 5 mins of the interview.
The interviewer was super cool, really friendly and nice person. Interview was very conversational and it almost didnt look like an interview, we laughed about a couple of things, i asked some questions back to the interviewer when he made some remarks.
In terms of actual questions i was only asked the traditional wmtyr question and just 2-3 very basic behavioral questions (tell about an obstacle you faced, etc). This is a stark contrast cmpared to 10-12 questions in all other interviews.
No weird and odd questions at all which i especially appreciate !

Now, from all my research i understand that people have totally different experiences specifically with Ross, in terms of number of questions asked and how hard/odd the questiobs are, so i guess its a matter of chance what your interview will be like. so dont relax just yet, but at least there is really a good chance that your interviewer will be just as cool as mine.

Just one more piece of info that i was told by another Ross student (not the interviewer): the primary goal of the interview is to assess your cultural fit , since all other factors have been already positively ranked if you got invited. So just be yourself, be cool and act like you would act with your classmates. Dont forget to show off how collaborative and supportive you are (assuming that you are!!)
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:12
Invited to Interview
29 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 650, Q42, V38; GPA: 3.21; WE: 30 months; United States, MN; via Email
Denied
16 Jan, 2018
golumolu GMAT: 730, Q51, V37; GPA: 3.8; WE: 46 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 16:51
limarota wrote:
agadodia wrote:
Sadly got the ding! :( Had high hopes on Ross and its real sad to get this ding! Hope to have something positive from the other schools!

All the best to others still waiting on Ross!

I'm very sorry to hear this. Stay positive!
Quick question for you. When did you apply and interview?

Thanks! Applied in Round 2 and didn't get an interview call, hence more surprised and sad!
Waitlisted
15 Dec, 2017
vxx GRE: 322, Q166, V156; GPA: 3.23; India; via Email
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 08:36
This post received
KUDOS
Obviously don’t have and admit, but trying to be hopeful and plan head, so does anyone know when Go Blue Rendezvous is this year? I could only find info for last year. If admitted I would like to bring my SO and she has to plan father ahead to get time off.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 09:04
NJackson40 wrote:
Obviously don’t have and admit, but trying to be hopeful and plan head, so does anyone know when Go Blue Rendezvous is this year? I could only find info for last year. If admitted I would like to bring my SO and she has to plan father ahead to get time off.

It's April 5-7th this year.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: 320 Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 09:05
NJackson40 wrote:

Go Blue Rendezvous is April 5th-7th.

https://ross.campusgroups.com/partners/ross-gbr-home/
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 09:22
how11015 wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Ok I was confused because their seemingly main website for GBR (not the Partners club one) said starts Friday April 5th, but that Friday is the 6th... not the 5th. So wasn't sure if they meant the actual 5th or Friday. I was thinking it was maybe not updated from last year, but last year, April 5th was also not on a Friday....
http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Department ... events.htm
Current Student
B
Schools: Ross '19 (M)

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 09:30
NJackson40 wrote:
how11015 wrote:
NJackson40 wrote:

Ok I was confused because their seemingly main website for GBR (not the Partners club one) said starts Friday April 5th, but that Friday is the 6th... not the 5th. So wasn't sure if they meant the actual 5th or Friday. I was thinking it was maybe not updated from last year, but last year, April 5th was also not on a Friday....
http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Department ... events.htm

Events at GBR start on the Thursday so these dates are correct.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 23:40
This post received
KUDOS
Hey,
I see so many people posting their admission status- Denied/Admitted/WL. So these are for round 2?
I also had my interview for round 2, so shall I expect to hear the decision soon? Coz I thought they will come out with the decisions on the specified date of March 15 only.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 11:10
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,
I see so many people posting their admission status- Denied/Admitted/WL. So these are for round 2?
I also had my interview for round 2, so shall I expect to hear the decision soon? Coz I thought they will come out with the decisions on the specified date of March 15 only.

Could some of these be for the part-time program?

Ross will release all decisions by March 16th. If you are admitted, you should expect a call a couple of days earlier.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 11:12
jsny wrote:
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

Ross will release all decisions by March 16th. If you are admitted, you should expect a call a couple of days earlier.

Okay that's great. Waiting for the call then! :)

These could be for part time program also.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 11:24
jsny wrote:
Arjunarocks wrote:
Hey,

Two days earlier? Is that the case for international students as well?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Denied
19 Feb, 2018
reshmapalackan GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2018, 12:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  42    Next  [ 837 posts ] 

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap