It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 10:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 08:58
sprinni wrote:

I'm not going into detailed specifics because that's not the point of the interview. The interview isn't meant to "be beat" not that I think you're insinuating that. Nothing out of the ordinary from a question perspective, and I feel the interviewer has some discretion regarding questions asked. Truly felt fit. You will be more than fine in any interview setting if you are candid, genuine and know your story.

I get what you are saying, and overall i agree. However, some interviews do include questions that are sort of shocking and its not about knowing your story..for example, in my Olin interview i was asked how i will contribute to the community of the city of St Louis ( NOT the school community ). This is the kind of question which is really hard to answer in a non-generic way if you didn't prepare. Just to be fair, i honestly said that i did not research this subject but of course i will try to be active and look for opportunities to contribute once i arrive. And that generic answer got me an admit and full scholarship, so maybe they just wanted to test my reaction to the unexpected. But i can't say i was really happy getting questions like that because its too far from the topic of the interview. Another question which just pisses me off is what kind of famous leader to you try to imitate in your work (don't remember exact wording). I didn't get this question myself, but i read that in some interview reports. thats kind of what i meant by oddball questions.
BSchool Thread Master
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 08:59
mrsonmax wrote:
sprinni wrote:

I'm not going into detailed specifics because that's not the point of the interview. The interview isn't meant to "be beat" not that I think you're insinuating that. Nothing out of the ordinary from a question perspective, and I feel the interviewer has some discretion regarding questions asked. Truly felt fit. You will be more than fine in any interview setting if you are candid, genuine and know your story.

I get what you are saying, and overall i agree. However, some interviews do include questions that are sort of shocking and its not about knowing your story..for example, in my Olin interview i was asked how i will contribute to the community of the city of St Louis ( NOT the school community ). This is the kind of question which is really hard to answer in a non-generic way if you didn't prepare. Just to be fair, i honestly said that i did not research this subject but of course i will try to be active and look for opportunities to contribute once i arrive. And that generic answer got me an admit and full scholarship, so maybe they just wanted to test my reaction to the unexpected. But i can't say i was really happy getting questions like that because its too far from the topic of the interview. Another question which just pisses me off is what kind of famous leader to you try to imitate in your work (don't remember exact wording). I didn't get this question myself, but i read that in some interview reports. thats kind of what i meant by oddball questions.

Wow, that would've caught me off guard as well. No need to worry with Ross!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 09:45
sprinni wrote:

ok, so i am not the only one who thinks it was a weird question, good to know :-D even the easiest question like this may really cause a brainfreeze just because you might be overthinking it and trying to guess whats the hidden question behind the question. and the truth might be simpler - all they probably want is to tease you a little bit and see how you handle unexpected situations. i also read about a frequent HBS question "what is something you will never be good at". people who did not prepare for this question often tend to overthink and say things that are damaging to them. while in reality a simple answer like "sing" works well.
BSchool Thread Master
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 09:48
mrsonmax wrote:
sprinni wrote:

ok, so i am not the only one who thinks it was a weird question, good to know :-D even the easiest question like this may really cause a brainfreeze just because you might be overthinking it and trying to guess whats the hidden question behind the question. and the truth might be simpler - all they probably want is to tease you a little bit and see how you handle unexpected situations. i also read about a frequent HBS question "what is something you will never be good at". people who did not prepare for this question often tend to overthink and say things that are damaging to them. while in reality a simple answer like "sing" works well.

And to that point, being able to joke that one is a terrible singer is more revealing to the interviewer as such a response provides a snap shot of your humor and demeanor.
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
hudamaniam GMAT: 740, Q42, V49; GPA: 2.88; WE: 17 months; United States; via Email
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.88

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 11:05
This post received
KUDOS
Finally got the ding email. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!
Denied
09 Jan, 2018
slipmeone GMAT: 660, Q44, V35; GPA: 3.6; WE: 52 months; United States, IA; via Email
R2
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 11:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 5 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q46 V40), GPA: 3.56, Industry: Other, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Denied, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q42 V49), GPA: 2.88, Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech, WE 17, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 11:38
Were the dings reflected in your application portal?

Do we think they're sending them out in waves?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.88

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 11:59
trav2020 wrote:

My application portal still just says "submitted."
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 12:02
This post received
KUDOS
hudamaniam wrote:
trav2020 wrote:

My application portal still just says "submitted."

Ah. Sorry for the ding! Best of luck with your other schools.
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
MikeyMike GMAT: 740, Q48, V42; GPA: 3.87; WE: 120 months; United States, NJ; via Email
Denied
10 Feb, 2018
CantonasRaisedCollar GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; GPA: 2.8; WE: 63 months; India; via Email
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 12:28
This post received
KUDOS
Sadly got the ding! :( Had high hopes on Ross and its real sad to get this ding! Hope to have something positive from the other schools!

All the best to others still waiting on Ross!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 12:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 3 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.7, Industry: Telecommunications, WE 70, heard via: email
  • Denied, 22 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q50 V42), GPA: 2.8, Industry: Retail, WE 63, heard via: email
  • Denied, 27 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 120, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Denied
09 Feb, 2018
AKDC13 GMAT: 680, Q42, V41; GPA: 3.37; WE: 60 months; United States; via Email
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
Luckisnoexcuse GMAT: 740, Q51, V38; GPA: 3.52; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Denied
10 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 680, Q45, V38; GPA: 3.5; WE: 54 months; India; via Email
Denied
08 Feb, 2018
mnelakuditi GMAT: 700, Q50, V34; GPA: 3.2; WE: 40 months; India; via Email
Denied
09 Feb, 2018
mmcbrair GMAT: 770, Q50, V45; GPA: 3.76; WE: 55 months; United States, MI; via Email
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2018, 19:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36    Next  [ 719 posts ] 

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap