GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 09:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
GPA: 3.92
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 03:47
Yeah. Guess it's a waiting game.

I have too not received an interview invite yet..can you elaborate a bit more on your profile? Also which other schools have you applied?

adityan92 wrote:
Looks like i am the only one who got dinged in R2. It was totally not expected as i have received admits with scholarships from colleges at same level.

When i had connected with adcom earlier they were quite impressed with my profile.

I had submitted the application on 13th Jan, and got the ding on 22nd Jan.

I also know someone who had submitted their application in august 2019 for early bird and he still has not received a response.

No idea what is happening there. I remember last year something similar had happened.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 03:53
bschoolhunter wrote:

I have too not received an interview invite yet..can you elaborate a bit more on your profile? Also which other schools have you applied?

adityan92 wrote:
Looks like i am the only one who got dinged in R2. It was totally not expected as i have received admits with scholarships from colleges at same level.

When i had connected with adcom earlier they were quite impressed with my profile.

I also know someone who had submitted their application in august 2019 for early bird and he still has not received a response.

No idea what is happening there. I remember last year something similar had happened.

I have not yet received an invite yet which was totally unexpected .

I don't understand what is happening . I applied on 18th Jan and maybe hence , it's late ?

I was atleast expecting an interview invite
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 03:58
Can anybody tell me how much time it usually takes for the college to send an interview invite?

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 04:00
bschoolhunter wrote:

adityan92 wrote:

Gmat : 650
Senior associate at a bulge bracket investment bank
Passed cfa level 2

Work ex involves consulting, building various models, and few heavy projects with a high dollar value

Apart from the above i do pro bono consulting on weekends
And part of various affinity networks in my firm

I had applied to rotman, queens and schulich

Got scholarship in queen's
Admitted to schulich imba - only 30 cohort size

Was planning on ivey but not considering to apply due to other reasons
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 09:47
vj1994 wrote:
Can anybody tell me how much time it usually takes for the college to send an interview invite?

You said you submitted on Jan 18. The deadline for R2 was Jan 13, so I think you will be considered an R3 applicant.
Considering many R2 applicants haven't heard back, I think you shouldn't be worried. There is still plenty of time for you to receive an interview invite. FYI, R3 decision date is May 3rd.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 10:57
A new Rotman Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toronto-218/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1241
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 03:53
Any updates anyone??

Manager
Manager
B
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2020, 07:12
It's not really about how good you are. It's about how good your profile is relative to the Class.

Imagine you're in a group of five students. You all have amazing, but identical, work experience and educational backgrounds. You have a 750 GMAT. But the other four have a 780 GMAT. You're going to get dinged.

But that's an extreme hypothetical. Point is, it's not all about your profile in a vacuum. You have to think of the Class as a whole, because Rotman pushes for diversity, not just in gender, sex, race, etc., but also in work experience and educational background.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 23:09
Anyone got an invite for round 2? Is there any chance of getting an invite at this last days?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 23:15
AsitD wrote:
Anyone got an invite for round 2? Is there any chance of getting an invite at this last days?

Not yet. I think all those who are to be invited for interview will get their call by this weekend.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 08:40
By the way, I'm a Rotman FT-MBA graduate, Class of 2016. Been a few years since then, but I have a little time now to hang around here a little bit. Happy to answer any questions you guys have about the admissions process, classes, coursework, job hunting, etc., related to Rotman.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.78
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 18:13
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive an admit/deny after the interview?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 06:02
TheTypicalAsian wrote:
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive an admit/deny after the interview?

About one to two weeks for the phone call. Longer for the admission package, and that depends on where you live.

I got my phone call in about ten days, and the admission package about two weeks or three weeks after that if I remember correctly, and I'm in Toronto.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 09:47
Hi Guys,

Just got the email that I have been accepted :) I wanted to know if Rotman lets us know about scholarship in the same email or does that come later? This email includes that I have been admitted, payment of the $5k deposit and sending my transcripts.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 10:02
eishmehta wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just got the email that I have been accepted :) I wanted to know if Rotman lets us know about scholarship in the same email or does that come later? This email includes that I have been admitted, payment of the $5k deposit and sending my transcripts.

Well, my email came with the scholarship stated in the body of the mail as well as in one of the attachments

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 10:04
eishmehta wrote:
Hi Guys,

Congrats! I believe entrance scholarships and fellowships are awarded with offer of admission. But maybe someone who got admitted with scholarship this year can confirm. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Economics, Strategy
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 10:25
eishmehta wrote:
Hi Guys,

Congratulations!!

Can you let us know when did you submit the application and the timeline of events (interview invite, interview etc.)?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 21:35
shibanis01 wrote:
eishmehta wrote:
Hi Guys,

Congratulations!!

Can you let us know when did you submit the application and the timeline of events (interview invite, interview etc.)?
Thanks!

Hey, I submitted my application on 7th December, had my interview on 28th Jan and got the offer email on Feb 26.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 10:44
jigglypuff wrote:
By the way, I'm a Rotman FT-MBA graduate, Class of 2016. Been a few years since then, but I have a little time now to hang around here a little bit. Happy to answer any questions you guys have about the admissions process, classes, coursework, job hunting, etc., related to Rotman.

Hey man, happy that you're here.
I've gotten into the JD/MBA program, but I'm a bit concerned about Rotman's ranking drop among MBA rankings (e.g., global 40s to 80s in the Financial Times list). From what I've read online, it's partially due to (1) international post-MBA wages being inflated in developing countries thanks to their use of PPP; (2) a declining Canadian market and currency value; and (3) increased funding in some international schools, so their top applicants prefer staying in their home countries.

But have there been any other changes to Rotman over the last 5 years to cause such a collapse in reputation? Changes in teaching style, loss of endorsements/connections, less impressive innovative features, etc?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2020, 06:18
lolnope wrote:
jigglypuff wrote:

Hey man, happy that you're here.
I've gotten into the JD/MBA program, but I'm a bit concerned about Rotman's ranking drop among MBA rankings (e.g., global 40s to 80s in the Financial Times list). From what I've read online, it's partially due to (1) international post-MBA wages being inflated in developing countries thanks to their use of PPP; (2) a declining Canadian market and currency value; and (3) increased funding in some international schools, so their top applicants prefer staying in their home countries.

But have there been any other changes to Rotman over the last 5 years to cause such a collapse in reputation? Changes in teaching style, loss of endorsements/connections, less impressive innovative features, etc?

Thanks

Oh, trust me, I'm concerned about that too. Part of my profile is that I'm a Rotman MBA, and if the reputation of my alma mater takes a dive then that's not great for me.

The market factors you listed definitely contributed, and that's not something Rotman can control. I don't think the teaching style has changed (I haven't audited any courses since graduating, so I can't tell).

There are two differences that I can think of at this moment. The first is the Dean. We had Roger Martin, who is one of the thought leaders in the world, and under his leadership Rotman shot up the rankings. Then Tiff Maklem came in, and we started going down. He's a good guy, but I just don't think he's that innovative of a leader, definitely not a world renowned thought leader, so that might affect the rankings.

The second is that I believe the Rotman School has added a lot of new programs, taking resources away from the MBA. Class size has actually decreased this year because of this, and they've decreased first-year classes from five to four.

TL;DR reasons why I think Rotman rankings went down other than market factors: (1) reputation of the Dean and (2) stretching of Rotman School resources by adding a lot of non-MBA programs.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2020, 06:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 283 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: redskull1