GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 05:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 14:22
dtn528 wrote:
Does anyone know if the deadline tonight is for est or pst? I live in the west coast so I want to make sure I get the application in on time

Posted from my mobile device

I believe it's eastern time but you should check with an ad com!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Account Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 20:38
I would guess it's EST, but I didn't see anything when I just submitted other than "Submit by 1/5".

Best of luck to everyone applying!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44
Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 20:56
I emailed admissions and they did confirm that it is midnight EST. On another note, just sent in my application! Good luck to everyone applying in round 3!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:42
olnata wrote:
I had "What kind of role do you typically take in a team setting and why? " question
I was interviewed 19 Dec and still waiting for a decision.

All the best.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 00:06
What date are you guys expecting an interview call(if)? 2 weeks after submission?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 04:41
jubinarora wrote:
What date are you guys expecting an interview call(if)? 2 weeks after submission?

Hi Jubinarora,

Going by the last year thread, the first R3 interview has come post Jan20. They also had a similar deadlines like ours. So we still have time.

Lets stay positive :)
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 05:57
Hi Guys! The R2 decision deadline according to the website is 15th Jan(Sunday). Have they previously (in R1 or last year) released the decisions on that particular day or a day or 2 before?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 06:07
Marathon92 wrote:
jubinarora wrote:

Hi Jubinarora,

Going by the last year thread, the first R3 interview has come post Jan20. They also had a similar deadlines like ours. So we still have time.

R3 interviews have already started. I've already had mine.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 06:13
rbhasin11 wrote:
Marathon92 wrote:
jubinarora wrote:

Hi Jubinarora,

When did you submit your application though? Cos I did it on 4th.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 06:22
jubinarora wrote:
When did you submit your application though? Cos I did it on 4th.

I submitted my application on 20th Dec, and had my interview on 3rd Jan.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 06:39
rbhasin11 wrote:
Marathon92 wrote:
jubinarora wrote:

Hi Jubinarora,

That's great. How was the interview experience? Did they tell anything about the decision notification?

All the best
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 06:58
Marathon92 wrote:
That's great. How was the interview experience? Did they tell anything about the decision notification?

All the best

The interview went well. It was a blind interview, so the questions were mostly about why I wanted to do an MBA, and about my short-term and long-term goals.
They didn't mention anything about the decision notification.

Waiting for an update.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 07:02
rbhasin11 wrote:
Marathon92 wrote:

All the best

The interview went well. It was a blind interview, so the questions were mostly about why I wanted to do an MBA, and about my short-term and long-term goals.
They didn't mention anything about the decision notification.

Waiting for an update.

Glad to hear that you did well on the interview rbhasin11. Are there any competency questions during the interview? Would you mind share with us if there are? Thank you so much.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 07:10
summertimesadness wrote:
Glad to hear that you did well on the interview rbhasin11. Are there any competency questions during the interview? Would you mind share with us if there are? Thank you so much.

There weren't much. Most questions were related to post-MBA goals, why MBA, why Simon, why now. There was a short question at the end about the values that I would bring to the class and school, and I was asked to write the answer on the spot.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 07:12
rbhasin11 wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:

There weren't much. Most questions were related to post-MBA goals, why MBA, why Simon, why now. There was a short question at the end about the values that I would bring to the class and school, and I was asked to write the answer on the spot.

Thank you so much. All the best for your coming results!
Manager
Manager
MS Employment Results – Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 12:01
FROM Simon (Rochester) Admissions Blog: MS Employment Results – Class of 2016
The following blog post was written by Rebekah Lewin, assistant dean of admissions and financial aid Happy New Year! 2017 is off to a great start here at Simon — we have exciting news to share about our MS employment results for the Class of 2016! At Simon, we are committed to your career success. Even […]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 16:03
I just got this email...

"Congratulations! The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and invites you interview during our upcoming campus event! Our Experience Simon Weekend on January 27 & 28 is designed to help you assess your fit at Simon Business School and encourage you to take the next step in your business education. Events include a faculty panel, opportunities to engage with alumni and current students for a first-hand perspective, an introduction to our career Management Center staff, and a tour of the beautiful University of Rochester campus. For more details on the event and to register, please click here.

If you are unable to attend this event, we welcome the opportunity to host you for an individual visit any day Monday through Thursday by replying to this email with your availability. For your travel planning purposes, a typical campus visit consists of an interview, a campus tour and lunch with a current student, and attending a Simon class, lasting approximately 3-6 hours (depending on the class length)."

Is this an invitation for interview? Sorry, i'm new to this!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Account Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 16:14
socalmbahopeful wrote:
I just got this email...

"Congratulations! The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and invites you interview during our upcoming campus event! Our Experience Simon Weekend on January 27 & 28 is designed to help you assess your fit at Simon Business School and encourage you to take the next step in your business education. Events include a faculty panel, opportunities to engage with alumni and current students for a first-hand perspective, an introduction to our career Management Center staff, and a tour of the beautiful University of Rochester campus. For more details on the event and to register, please click here.

If you are unable to attend this event, we welcome the opportunity to host you for an individual visit any day Monday through Thursday by replying to this email with your availability. For your travel planning purposes, a typical campus visit consists of an interview, a campus tour and lunch with a current student, and attending a Simon class, lasting approximately 3-6 hours (depending on the class length)."

Is this an invitation for interview? Sorry, i'm new to this!

No worries! Yes it is, in the 2nd sentence "Invites you to Interview" Congrats!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 23:31
I got the same email! Congrats! I'm unsure if I'll be able to attend Experience Simon Weekend though, since I'm located on the West Coast. What would happen if I decline their offer? Would I just do an interview via Skype?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 00:27
dtn528 wrote:
I got the same email! Congrats! I'm unsure if I'll be able to attend Experience Simon Weekend though, since I'm located on the West Coast. What would happen if I decline their offer? Would I just do an interview via Skype?

I'm on the West Coast as well, i'm thinking about attending but it's such short notice. You should ask one of the ad com's, they've all been very helpful and responsive.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2017, 00:27

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 263 posts ] 

Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker