GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 08:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: ALTA.MBA
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 12:30
Joshua123 wrote:
Well, not so sure, Stanford is very exciting, but I felt that their interview is not the most intense one, if I got it right, they had the habit not to interview people, but decide to change that in order to involve alumni post graduation :)

Interviews should be an integral part of the process at every school. Stanford certainly has the resources to have admissions officers interview the candidates (considering it interviews far fewer candidates). The alums that interview are pretty serious about interviewing (having been one for many years) and interview 3-7 candidates per year. In addition to the warm-and-fuzzy comments, the expertise from being matched with someone in the same industry can be helpful to the committee (and the candidate).

Paul at ALTA.MBA

Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2018
chingizd GMAT: 690, Q47, V38; GPA: 4; WE: 81 months; United States; via Email
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
propertyofbear GMAT: 740, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.92; Singapore; via Email
Invited to Interview
19 Feb, 2018
Seeing2020 GMAT: 760, Q49, V46; GPA: 3.98; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Feb 2018, 22:43

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluations requests are not allowing in applicants discussion. Please refer this thread for Stanford profile evaluations.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 19156.html

Originally posted by obiwankanobi on 20 Feb 2018, 04:40.
Last edited by Narenn on 26 Feb 2018, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Post Removed. Note added
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 01:30
obiwankanobi wrote:
Hi,
Country of Residence: India
Education History: B.Sc. (Hons.) Accounting and Finance from Manchester Business School; have also passed all of Level 1 ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland) exams.
Work History: Worked with Big 4 in Audit in the UK for 13 months, then been working in family business (advertising company) within the domain of business development for the past 14 months). I understand that the universities consider work-ex up until the point that one starts the MBA course, so total no. of months of full-time work experience until course starts would be 33 months.
Community/Voluntary experience: Education sector, environment protection NGO, around 30 months.
GMAT: 730
Undergrad GPA: 2.70.

Hey young jedi :)

Well, I am not an expert, but honestly it sounds super tough for Stanford R3. From my understanding, your undergrad GPA will be an issue, plus your undergrad institution is not considered as "Ivy". Also, I heard that they are not super fan of people in audit. On the top of that, Stanford is accepting 6.0% of the applicants. Let say that the global class is 450 people, and that 90% have already been accepted, there is only 45 spots.

On the other hand, you are really young: why not getting some more experience wherever, and consider applying in 2-3 years? Is it urgent for you to do an MBA now?

Hope this helps :).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 13:17
Any updates for this week? It seems the live tracker has been awfully quiet.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 13:27
Awfully quiet indeed and less than 2 weeks for March 6th!
:cry:
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 14:20
n3aimy wrote:
Any updates for this week? It seems the live tracker has been awfully quiet.

it gets updated once in a while, but when it gets updated, man, what a bloodbath it is!!! :lol:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Feb 2018, 22:18

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluations requests are not allowing in applicants discussion. Please refer this thread for Stanford profile evaluations.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 19156.html

Originally posted by smartarvinz on 26 Feb 2018, 11:53.
Last edited by Narenn on 26 Feb 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Post Removed. Note added
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 01:49
Joshua123 wrote:
obiwankanobi wrote:
Hi,
Country of Residence: India
Education History: B.Sc. (Hons.) Accounting and Finance from Manchester Business School; have also passed all of Level 1 ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland) exams.
Work History: Worked with Big 4 in Audit in the UK for 13 months, then been working in family business (advertising company) within the domain of business development for the past 14 months). I understand that the universities consider work-ex up until the point that one starts the MBA course, so total no. of months of full-time work experience until course starts would be 33 months.
Community/Voluntary experience: Education sector, environment protection NGO, around 30 months.
GMAT: 730
Undergrad GPA: 2.70.

Hey young jedi :)

Well, I am not an expert, but honestly it sounds super tough for Stanford R3. From my understanding, your undergrad GPA will be an issue, plus your undergrad institution is not considered as "Ivy". Also, I heard that they are not super fan of people in audit. On the top of that, Stanford is accepting 6.0% of the applicants. Let say that the global class is 450 people, and that 90% have already been accepted, there is only 45 spots.

On the other hand, you are really young: why not getting some more experience wherever, and consider applying in 2-3 years? Is it urgent for you to do an MBA now?

Hope this helps :).

Hey Joshua,

Cheers for the reply mate. I agree, it'll be awfully tough to get into the R3 pool, and now I am reconsidering my options. Let's see! :)
HBS Thread Master
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 11:39
Guys, am I alone feeling that GSB has invited so far quite few people? I read somewhere here that usually on the last week they tend to invite quite many people, but this week seems particularly quite.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 12:14
Well a guy on ClearAdmit computed 20 interview invite reports this year versus 50 last year, so yeah... two fairly big waves to come I guess (or fewer spots this round) wait & see :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 12:49
Joshua123 wrote:
Well a guy on ClearAdmit computed 20 interview invite reports this year versus 50 last year, so yeah... two fairly big waves to come I guess (or fewer spots this round) wait & see :)

Or the pool is just really underreporting this year? Although I don’t see why there would be such a significant underepporting going on.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 14:24
Well, the underreport could be true, but as a GMAT test-taker, I would say that this reasoning is flawed because:

1/ There is no underreport for the other schools
2/ Stanford applicants are likely to apply to other school and thus not be "underreporting"

So this statement infers that we all will receive an invite on Monday :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 14:54
Joshua123 wrote:
Well, the underreport could be true, but as a GMAT test-taker, I would say that this reasoning is flawed because:

1/ There is no underreport for the other schools
2/ Stanford applicants are likely to apply to other school and thus not be "underreporting"

So this statement infers that we all will receive an invite on Monday :)

While I certainly hope this is true..

Harvard only has half of R2 interview reports comparing to previous year. Perhaps I just took another outlier.

Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 03:38
I have a theory about how Stanford would be staggering their interview invites.

Given the fact that time duration between last date of interview invites (6 mar) and final interview decisions (29 mar) is pretty short, Stanford would be keeping strongest candidates towards the end. This is because admissions committee would need less time for making a decision for these candidates after the interview. They should likely be admitted unless they screw up interview big time.

Those candidates with borderline profiles/ too many profiles of similar type would be interviewed earlier so that admissions committee gets more time to deliberate on their final decision.

What do you all think?

HBS Thread Master
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 03:45
aannuu wrote:

Given the fact that time duration between last date of interview invites (6 mar) and final interview decisions (29 mar) is pretty short, Stanford would be keeping strongest candidates towards the end. This is because admissions committee would need less time for making a decision for these candidates after the interview. They should likely be admitted unless they screw up interview big time.

Those candidates with borderline profiles/ too many profiles of similar type would be interviewed earlier so that admissions committee gets more time to deliberate on their final decision.

What do you all think?

I am not sure on this one even though it's nice hypothesis:-) My thinking is that they could interview you and set aside anyway, because they would do the final review of the applicants between mid-March and March 29th - going through each applicant one more time and discuss it in the board meeting.

But anyway, guys, I wish you all the best luck in get to the interview stage and hope you will receive today good news!!!
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 06:59
Looks like today in the last day to receive interview invitation from Stanford - Good luck to all! If you are waiting for an invite, join GMATClub CHAT to get latest updates... https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php?fl=menu

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 09:24
aannuu wrote:

What do you all think?

I love your theory :). And hope it’s true! Wait & see, two hours to go now!

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! &nbs [#permalink] 06 Mar 2018, 09:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24    Next  [ 469 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap