It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 18:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 317

Kudos [?]: 100 [1], given: 46

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 07:53
1
This post received
KUDOS
6
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Welcome to all Tuck Dartmouth full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

Tuck Admission Deadlines
RoundApplication DueDecision Released
Early ActionOctober 4, 2017December 15, 2017
R1November 1, 2017February 9, 2018
R2January 3, 2018March 9, 2018
R3April 4, 2018May 11, 2018
1st Round ConsortiumOctober 15, 2017December 15, 2017
2nd Round ConsortiumJanuary 5, 2018March 9, 2018
*Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST
*I'll adding essay questions once they are published on Tuck's website.


_________________

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com


Last edited by Narenn on 18 Sep 2017, 02:10, edited 6 times in total.
Event calendar added

Kudos [?]: 100 [1], given: 46

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 120

Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 10:50
Somnath1234 wrote:
Hello All,

I am planning to apply in Tuck either in R2 this year or in R1 next year. There are few doubts which I have regarding my candidature and overall job prospects for international candidates in US.

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion designing from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in India for past 4 years. Have a healthy work experience across 2 different roles.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.
Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

GMAT (Oct’2017) : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA-5).

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding whether I should apply in Tuck with my current profile?

Also, should I target US B schools? Employment after completing MBA is an important criterion to decide which schools to apply. From few current students in US I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. The situation is not bright in even top 15 colleges. Under the current geo-political situation, will it be a viable option to try for any US school?

Also, I will be looking for a scholarship. Earlier I was targeting top 15 US B schools. Though my profile is extremely unique, my GMAT score is on a lower side. Being from India would go against me. Are there any colleges in top 15 where I can expect admission with scholarship?

I am okay to give GMAT again and if required then wait for one year before applying.

Will be obliged if someone can take out time and suggest the future course of action.

Hey, you should refrain from posting the same stuff in different forums. Merely changing the school and requesting a profile evaluation on different b-school threads won't help you. I suggest you post your query in dedicated profile evaluation forums (I guess abhimahna already gave you the link for it).
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 120

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 11:00
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Somnath1234 wrote:
Hello All,

I am planning to apply in Tuck either in R2 this year or in R1 next year. There are few doubts which I have regarding my candidature and overall job prospects for international candidates in US.

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion designing from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in India for past 4 years. Have a healthy work experience across 2 different roles.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.
Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

GMAT (Oct’2017) : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA-5).

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding whether I should apply in Tuck with my current profile?

Also, should I target US B schools? Employment after completing MBA is an important criterion to decide which schools to apply. From few current students in US I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. The situation is not bright in even top 15 colleges. Under the current geo-political situation, will it be a viable option to try for any US school?

Also, I will be looking for a scholarship. Earlier I was targeting top 15 US B schools. Though my profile is extremely unique, my GMAT score is on a lower side. Being from India would go against me. Are there any colleges in top 15 where I can expect admission with scholarship?

I am okay to give GMAT again and if required then wait for one year before applying.

Will be obliged if someone can take out time and suggest the future course of action.

Hey, you should refrain from posting the same stuff in different forums. Merely changing the school and requesting a profile evaluation on different b-school threads won't help you. I suggest you post your query in dedicated profile evaluation forums (I guess abhimahna already gave you the link for it).


Hi DigitsnLetters,

Apologies. I have been present on GMAT Club for some time. But have started working on my applications today only. Slightly unsure how to shortlist colleges. I have been reading 'Calling All Applications' forums of different colleges since morning. Someone suggested that these are the best way to get your candidature evaluated for that college. As I am coming from a slightly different background, I have not got much help on the other matter available on internet. Apologies if this has caused any inconvenience. Will definitely take care of this in future.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 120

Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 11:10
Somnath1234 wrote:

Hi DigitsnLetters,

Apologies. I have been present on GMAT Club for some time. But have started working on my applications today only. Slightly unsure how to shortlist colleges. I have been reading 'Calling All Applications' forums of different colleges since morning. Someone suggested that these are the best way to get your candidature evaluated for that college. As I am coming from a slightly different background, I have not got much help on the other matter available on internet. Apologies if this has caused any inconvenience. Will definitely take care of this in future.

It's Ok. Not entirely your fault. Whosoever suggested you to post in these forums misled you. I suggest you go here https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission-consultants-124/?fl=menu and post your details.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 120

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 11:14
Thanks for understanding the situation. Deeply regret if any of my actions caused any inconvenience. I will surely take care in future. Also, thanks for highlighting my mistake.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 317

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 11:58
Thanks DigitsnLetters for helping out.

Somnath1234 please adhere to forum rules moving forward
_________________

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Location: India
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 21:55
mbsingh wrote:
Thanks DigitsnLetters for helping out.

Somnath1234 please adhere to forum rules moving forward


I assure the same will never be repeated anytime in future. Please forgive for any inconvenience caused.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.2
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 09:17
Hi Folks,

I applied to Tuck in R1 (Nov 1 Deadline) and did not interview on campus. Any idea when interview invites for off-campus interviews will begin to roll out?

Thanks,
Utsab

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 317

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 09:54
utsabsaha wrote:
Hi Folks,

I applied to Tuck in R1 (Nov 1 Deadline) and did not interview on campus. Any idea when interview invites for off-campus interviews will begin to roll out?

Thanks,
Utsab



They should've gone out. But keep in mind EA round decision date is 15th december. So they might be focusing on that right now. Expect something in early january
_________________

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.2
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 10:04
mbsingh wrote:
utsabsaha wrote:
Hi Folks,

I applied to Tuck in R1 (Nov 1 Deadline) and did not interview on campus. Any idea when interview invites for off-campus interviews will begin to roll out?

Thanks,
Utsab



They should've gone out. But keep in mind EA round decision date is 15th december. So they might be focusing on that right now. Expect something in early january


Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2016
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 14:35
Does Tuck call admitted students before the 15th or only on the 15th?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Invited to Interview
31 Dec, 1969
Private, GMAT: 720, Q49, V39; GPA: 3.35; WE: 46 months; Chile; via Email
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 17 [1], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 04:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
sealberg wrote:
Does Tuck call admitted students before the 15th or only on the 15th?


Tuck thread seems to be the most quite thread of all B Schools! Cheer up guys! I think they start calling early like most B Schools, especially for international students

Kudos [?]: 17 [1], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 05:48
mcamilabaquero25 wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 1969/12/31
GMAT: 720, Q49, V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: 46 months
Location: Chile
Heard back via: Email



1969? Really? why is it coming here now?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4778

Kudos [?]: 18653 [0], given: 1994

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 05:51
XCOMKing wrote:
mcamilabaquero25 wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 1969/12/31
GMAT: 720, Q49, V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: 46 months
Location: Chile
Heard back via: Email



1969? Really? why is it coming here now?


I think that's Amos Tuck! Jokes aside, any idea when Tuck will start calling?
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18653 [0], given: 1994

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 06:52
souvik101990 wrote:
XCOMKing wrote:
mcamilabaquero25 wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 1969/12/31
GMAT: 720, Q49, V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: 46 months
Location: Chile
Heard back via: Email



1969? Really? why is it coming here now?


I think that's Amos Tuck! Jokes aside, any idea when Tuck will start calling?

Friday Most Probably

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 06:53
Does Suds call in case of Indian candidates?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.83
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 06:57
shanks1231 wrote:
Does Suds call in case of Indian candidates?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: That's what u want to know?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2016
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 69

Location: Netherlands
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 07:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
last year, the release date for EA was dec 16th but according to clearadmit: people got calls on 15th dec

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 69

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 317

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 08:53
XCOMKing wrote:
sealberg wrote:
Does Tuck call admitted students before the 15th or only on the 15th?


Tuck thread seems to be the most quite thread of all B Schools! Cheer up guys! I think they start calling early like most B Schools, especially for international students



Its calm before the storm brother. :)
_________________

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 317

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 08:54
marmalade wrote:
last year, the release date for EA was dec 16th but according to clearadmit: people got calls on 15th dec



Thats probably due to difference in time zones.
_________________

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2017, 08:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  25    Next  [ 497 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.