It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:32

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 120

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:20
abhimahna wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Anybody heared from the Alum yet? :eh: :think:

No Man, I am tensed now. What should we do? :'(

I am least hopeful to get his reply now.

Send a reminder mail maybe? How many days has it been already since you sent him the e-mail? I sent it 3-4 days ago.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 968 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:23
DigitsnLetters wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Anybody heared from the Alum yet? :eh: :think:

No Man, I am tensed now. What should we do? :'(

I am least hopeful to get his reply now.

Send a reminder mail maybe? How many days has it been already since you sent him the e-mail? I sent it 3-4 days ago.

Same here. I sent the email on the same day I received the invitation. Do you think reminder can help? I sent him a message on LinkedIn. He even viewed my profile twice but didn't reply. :(

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:34
abhimahna wrote:
Same here. I sent the email on the same day I received the invitation. Do you think reminder can help? I sent him a message on LinkedIn. He even viewed my profile twice but didn't reply. :(

Whaaattttt?! :o He saw your profile and ignored your message as well as did not reply to your e-mail? Damn man! That is so not justified.

Now, even I feel that we are better off scheduling the Skype interview. :? That said, I will send a gentle reminder first.

Board of Directors
D

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:41
DigitsnLetters wrote:
abhimahna wrote:

Whaaattttt?! :o He saw your profile and ignored your message as well as did not reply to your e-mail? Damn man! That is so not justified.

Now, even I feel that we are better off scheduling the Skype interview. :? That said, I will send a gentle reminder first.

Yeah Man, that's the only option we have unless someone could pay for our trip to Carolina. :-D

I will also send him a gentle reminder today and then will book Skype interview tomorrow. I booked my Kelley interview for Mumbai just because I wanted to travel to Mumbai for kenan Flagler. Anyways, Mumbai calling !! :lol:

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2017, 23:47
abhimahna wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
abhimahna wrote:

Yeah Man, that's the only option we have unless someone could pay for our trip to Carolina. :-D

I will also send him a gentle reminder today and then will book Skype interview tomorrow. I booked my Kelley interview for Mumbai just because I wanted to travel to Mumbai for kenan Flagler. Anyways, Mumbai calling !! :lol:

I guess I'll do the same.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 00:21
DigitsnLetters wrote:

So he replied to no one?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 23

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 00:41
abhimahna wrote:
SUPERSARS wrote:
I won't be applying in the Early Action round. I think I will aim for a R1 application.

What do you think are the reasons why they didn't contact you last time you applied? Did you get the chance to reflect over your application? And if so, what improvements or changes did you make? I'm genuinely interested and I would really love to hear your input as not many re-applicants on this forum share this information.

Hi SUPERSARS ,

Following were the reasons that led to my rejection:
1. Low GMAT Score.
2. Indian IT Male. : I hate this profile now. :-D
3. May be 1 year less experience than the average.
4. My application in R2.

I am working on improving my score and yes, I have done a couple of things in the past 7 months that I believe may help me strengthen my profile. Still working on improving more. :)

Thanks.

Hello Abhimahna,

You had stated about Low GMAT score for one of the reasons. But looking at your credentials, it says GMAT score is 710. I always had an impression that 710 was pretty above average. Are you sure that 710 won't be enough for Kenan Flagler ? I understand that GMAT may not be the only criteria, but still I would want to know if 710 is really not enough.

Regards,
Kishore

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 23

Board of Directors
D

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 02:13
Satya090 wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:

So he replied to no one?

Hmm.. No one as far as I know. Did he reply to you? :P

reachskishore wrote:
Hello Abhimahna,

You had stated about Low GMAT score for one of the reasons. But looking at your credentials, it says GMAT score is 710. I always had an impression that 710 was pretty above average. Are you sure that 710 won't be enough for Kenan Flagler ? I understand that GMAT may not be the only criteria, but still I would want to know if 710 is really not enough.

Regards,
Kishore

Hey reachskishore ,

My Score last year was 700. This score, along with other factors I mentioned, was not going to help me anyhow. To be honest, if you are INDIAN IT MALE, try to have +30 points above average.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE: Accounting (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 02:33
Guys goot an invite. Congratulate me.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 04:37
is there negative implications if your recommender submitted recommendation late. One of my recommender submitted on 17th and other on 18th. I've been impatiently waiting for an invite but haven't gotten it so far. My essays and recommendations were good so I feel that submitting my recommendations late has negative implications on my applications. any thoughts?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 04:45
pentek123456 wrote:
is there negative implications if your recommender submitted recommendation late. One of my recommender submitted on 17th and other on 18th. I've been impatiently waiting for an invite but haven't gotten it so far. My essays and recommendations were good so I feel that submitting my recommendations late has negative implications on my applications. any thoughts?

I suppose not. I've heard from someone and read somewhere that if your recommenders are late adcom will wait for them to submit their references on you behalf and afterwards adcom will commence review of your application. If your application is not complete you will see it in the status but as long as you have submitted your application you should be ok. That's my opinion.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 120

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 06:34
This post received
KUDOS
pentek123456 wrote:

Chill mate. Kenan-Flagler gives a 10 day window for the recommendations to be submitted late for your applications to be considered in that round.

To calm your nerves, let me add this: my recommendation was late too due to some technical issues. My recommender submitted as soon as that issue was sorted out. However, that was 2-3 days after the deadline. Still I received an invite. So, don't lose hope yet mate. :)

P.S. Yet-Mate; that rhymed, right? Wow, I am a poet and I didn't even know it! :lol:

Kudos [?]: 22 [1], given: 120

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 06:36
SherzodM wrote:
Guys goot an invite. Congratulate me.

Congratulations mate! When n where's the party? :grin: Now that I have congratulated you, I assume that I am invited ;)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 06:44
Of course i will invite you all to the party in case I'm accepted. Being said, wait for me and meet you in Carolina next year in September.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 06:48
SherzodM wrote:
Of course i will invite you all to the party in case I'm accepted. Being said, wait for me and meet you in Carolina next year in September.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That optimism! I like it. Always a good source of encouragement when people emanate positive vibes! :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 07:20
DigitsnLetters wrote:
pentek123456 wrote:

Chill mate. Kenan-Flagler gives a 10 day window for the recommendations to be submitted late for your applications to be considered in that round.

To calm your nerves, let me add this: my recommendation was late too due to some technical issues. My recommender submitted as soon as that issue was sorted out. However, that was 2-3 days after the deadline. Still I received an invite. So, don't lose hope yet mate. :)

P.S. Yet-Mate; that rhymed, right? Wow, I am a poet and I didn't even know it! :lol:

thanks man. 1 Kudos for you being a poet :-D

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 07:27
pentek123456 wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
pentek123456 wrote:

thanks man. 1 Kudos for you being a poet :-D

Cheers :-D

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 07:51
Hi! i was wondering if anybody wants to do a mutual mock interview over skype. i post this here because i wouldn't want to do a mock interview with someone who is appying to the same schools (for a number of reasons). i think it would be also fair to do mock interviews between people who got interview invites already from at least one school.

for those of us whose interviewing skills are rusty (and especially for non-native speakers whose English is also rusty) it would be a great (and free!!) to practice. why pay consultants if we can do it ourselves 8-) also, a person who has a totally fresh eye, may ask some questions that you didn't even expect, and there is a chance that interviewer (adcom member or alumni) may have the same question.

my suggested format is to have standard questions like WMTYR, why this school, why mba, etc. and then other questions - behavorial , etc would be random so it would be a real simulation. if there is a specific question that you want to be asked, this can be included too.

we can take notes, just like real interviewers, and give brief feedback over skype right after the interview.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 11:26
Just received an interview invite from K-F. Buzzing.

Nervous about interviews through skype though.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Board of Directors
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 01:09
Okay, after loosing all the hopes of getting a reply from Alum, booked my Skype Interview Slot. Got a bit early date but let's see how it goes?

What about you guys?

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2017, 01:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 312 posts ] 

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap