GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Jan 2020, 12:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.72
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 12:24
IgboRobinHood wrote:
Done with the video essays ... sigh

I had actually given up hope due to my performance on the video essays which I felt should have been better...

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I have received an interview invitation! Hurrah!
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Yale School of Management
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 17:36
Hey Everybody,

Just a quick reminder and following up with some of you folks - applications are reviewed throughout the entire period - students have, in the past, even been extended interview offers the day before decision day. Round two is by far, the largest round and we only have so many admissions officers to read through all of them - in fact, two admissions officers read through each application and each application gets individually reviewed in front of the entire commitee, so it does take a while! If you haven't heard, that's just because of the random order that is assigned to your application - rest assured, unless you hear a specific "no," your application is still under consideration and you could anticipate hearing back any day up to the release date!

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best wishes from New Haven!

Dan '16

daniel[dot]kent[at]yale[dot]edu
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 23:17
Thanks Dan. This certainly helps alleviate some of the anxiety around the process. I suppose we'll just stay patient and hopeful.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 02:43
8088 wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Just a quick reminder and following up with some of you folks - applications are reviewed throughout the entire period - students have, in the past, even been extended interview offers the day before decision day. Round two is by far, the largest round and we only have so many admissions officers to read through all of them - in fact, two admissions officers read through each application and each application gets individually reviewed in front of the entire commitee, so it does take a while! If you haven't heard, that's just because of the random order that is assigned to your application - rest assured, unless you hear a specific "no," your application is still under consideration and you could anticipate hearing back any day up to the release date!

Dan '16

Dan - Thanks for your post. Quick question - does the adcom go through the applications region wise?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 07:25
Quick question: does anyone knows the % of applicants invited for an interview that got admitted afterwards? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 09:33
My recollection is that nope, everything is mixed together!

johndoe2016 wrote:
8088 wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Dan '16

Dan - Thanks for your post. Quick question - does the adcom go through the applications region wise?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 09:39
Dan,

Awesome insight. I do believe you that there are some that go out up until release date, but could you estimate what percentage of invitations are left to go out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 09:42
Hey there,

Unfortunately that information is privileged, even out of my reach as an admissions volunteer :-(

They work up to the deadline, so I expect that quite a few are still yet to be gone through.

Dan '16

bulldurham wrote:
Dan,

Awesome insight. I do believe you that there are some that go out up until release date, but could you estimate what percentage of invitations are left to go out?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 11:38
Midnight_express wrote:
Quick question: does anyone knows the % of applicants invited for an interview that got admitted afterwards? Thanks.

Hey there! I just visited Yale SOM last Friday, and Dean Snyder had made a remark during one of the breakout sessions that they accept roughly 60% of those interviewed. Hope that helps and good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '17 (S)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 21:17
8088 wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Dan '16

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this insight. Any update whether all international applications particularly for India have been reviewed or not. Can we expect some more good news coming our way?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Research (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 04:48
Had my Skype interview yesterday. It was very casual and conversational but he still asked some key behavioural questions through my work experience and while running through some key points from my CV. Overall a good experience.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 15:33
Hey Apoorva,

There's no separation of reviewing by country/work experience/etc unless you're applying specifically for the Silver Scholars program - everything else is done (to my knowledge) by random drawing of an application from the mix. So folks from India and Indianapolis have the same chance of getting their app read next.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Dan '16

apoorvatheangel wrote:
8088 wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Dan '16

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this insight. Any update whether all international applications particularly for India have been reviewed or not. Can we expect some more good news coming our way?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 19:31
Too many Indian applicants now a days..and I am sure it makes it difficult as Bschools need to maintain the diversity..

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 19:39
addict1ve wrote:
Too many Indian applicants now a days..and I am sure it makes it difficult as Bschools need to maintain the diversity..

I didn't think i'd ever see a stupid comment on this website, but man or woman, or whatever the hell you are, you definitely are the exception that...
I can already tell you you are going to have a bad experience in B-school
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 21:16
Dude..plz don't jump to any conclusion..I am an Indian and speaking from my perspective that it has indeed become competitive for Indians as Bschools need to maintain diversity..nothing new abut that!!
In any case I have this perspective only after attending several info sessions and after speaking to many Indian students at top 10 Bschools...

Welcome to the world of reality bro..!!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 02:39
addict1ve wrote:
Dude..plz don't jump to any conclusion..I am an Indian and speaking from my perspective that it has indeed become competitive for Indians as Bschools need to maintain diversity..nothing new abut that!!
In any case I have this perspective only after attending several info sessions and after speaking to many Indian students at top 10 Bschools...

Thanks for not applying o any US schools then...you will definitely help the cause of other Indians by not doing so. In the meantime we are welcoming the best minds in this Country no matter where they are from.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.72
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 03:18
Rule 16: Thou shall play nice in the MBA Sandbox

http://mbaover30.com/2012/12/31/getting ... ss-school/
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 09:44
tchankwes wrote:
addict1ve wrote:

Thanks for not applying o any US schools then...you will definitely help the cause of other Indians by not doing so. In the meantime we are welcoming the best minds in this Country no matter where they are from.

To be fair, I think that applying to top business school as an Indian prospective student can be extremely competitive (and by that I mean more competitive than average) due to an overrepresentation of Indian applicants. That being said, there are many other things that differentiate a person among the applicant pool and there is no use blaming not getting in on not being a "diverse" candidate just because you're from a certain area of the world. Diversity at these schools means much more than where you come from; they are looking for diversity in terms of industries, companies, work experience, life experience, undergraduate institution, gender, ethnicity.. the list goes on and on. We could all probably find something that puts us at a "disadvantage," but that really wont help us get into bschool...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Consulting (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 15:17
Dramatic moment of the day: Checked my email on my phone, saw an email from Yale SOM...all I could read on the small preview screen was "Admissions" - I thought I might have gotten a decision early or something...turns out it was just their monthly Admissions newsletter with information about how to apply and links to content on the Yale SOM site
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 15:20
cathoward wrote:
Dramatic moment of the day: Checked my email on my phone, saw an email from Yale SOM...all I could read on the small preview screen was "Admissions" - I thought I might have gotten a decision early or something...turns out it was just their monthly Admissions newsletter with information about how to apply and links to content on the Yale SOM site

Haha! Same here. :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2016, 15:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  44    Next  [ 863 posts ] 

Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sharathnair14