GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 14:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272812
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States (PA)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 20:00
1
DGGO wrote:
Hi all

Quick question. After reading the interview debriefs, it looks like interviews on-campus only take place on Fridays. Is this correct?

Thanks!


When I got a chance to pick my interview date, I saw some non-Friday options depending on the week.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Posts: 83
Location: United States (MI)
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 03:13
1
klizzy wrote:
DGGO wrote:
Hi all

Quick question. After reading the interview debriefs, it looks like interviews on-campus only take place on Fridays. Is this correct?

Thanks!


When I got a chance to pick my interview date, I saw some non-Friday options depending on the week.


Basically you can be interviewed on any campus visit day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 13:04
Just received an interview invite! =)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Dec 2016
Posts: 17
Location: India
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 13:51
Does anyone have experience in scheduling a Zoom interview with Yale?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Location: Canada
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 17:28
Any ideas if there are more interview invite waves? :s

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.7
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 02:47
Hi everyone :)

Just submitted my application for R2 on 7th Jan.

Have people from R2 started getting interview invites already?
Are the interview invites coming over email or portal?

All the best to everyone! :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Location: United States (PA)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 07:12
1
vahini2911 wrote:
Have people from R2 started getting interview invites already?
Are the interview invites coming over email or portal?

Yes, it sounds like the first invites arrived this past Monday. I received an email, but the email pointed me to go to the portal to sign up for an interview slot.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 07:39
Does anyone knows how many candidates SOM interviews for each available spot at the program?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: Ross '21 (II)
GPA: 3.48
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 09:08
1
avillalobosa wrote:
Does anyone knows how many candidates SOM interviews for each available spot at the program?


In an informational session I attended, they said they interview 30% to 40% of candidates. Their acceptance rate is about 20% and about half of those accepted attend (classes size ~350). If my math is correct, they interview somewhere between 1000 and 1400 for 700 admits and 350 spots.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2016
Posts: 33
Location: Mexico
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 11:20
1
michelle54321 wrote:
avillalobosa wrote:
Does anyone knows how many candidates SOM interviews for each available spot at the program?


In an informational session I attended, they said they interview 30% to 40% of candidates. Their acceptance rate is about 20% and about half of those accepted attend (classes size ~350). If my math is correct, they interview somewhere between 1000 and 1400 for 700 admits and 350 spots.


About 2 interviews per accepted candidate...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.7
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 13:33
skijorer wrote:
vahini2911 wrote:
Have people from R2 started getting interview invites already?
Are the interview invites coming over email or portal?

Yes, it sounds like the first invites arrived this past Monday. I received an email, but the email pointed me to go to the portal to sign up for an interview slot.

Good luck!



Thank you so much! My portal still says under review so quite nervous.

Congratulations on your invite :)

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2110
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 02:00
unaverage wrote:
Are the interview invites coming over email or portal?


unaverage

From the Yale SOM Decision Tracker, I see all of the people got notified about their interview invite via email.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.09.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.09.33 PM.png [ 210.78 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

_________________

Interview Debriefs | MBA Video Series | Live Decision Tracker | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.7
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 03:50
1
workout wrote:
unaverage wrote:
Are the interview invites coming over email or portal?


unaverage

From the Yale SOM Decision Tracker, I see all of the people got notified about their interview invite via email.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.09.33 PM.png


Thank you :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Location: Colombia
Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2019, 13:30
Hi all,

Does someone know when will Yale stop sending invites? (Or start sending rejections).

Is it possible to estimate the date based on previous years?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 13 Jun 2016
Posts: 28
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 03:40
GDMBA wrote:
Hi all,

Does someone know when will Yale stop sending invites? (Or start sending rejections).

Is it possible to estimate the date based on previous years?

Thanks!


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 17:03
Sanchita1909 wrote:
Does anyone have experience in scheduling a Zoom interview with Yale?

Posted from my mobile device



No, but I'm also scheduled for one so interested to hear if any Rd1 applicants did this. The nearest interview location is a 10hr flight from me so figured they would understand me Zooming it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.7
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 14:18
Hi everyone,

Do we know if Yale has sent out all interview invites?
As in, for those still seeing application under review on the portal, does that mean still under review or does it probably means a rejection that hasn't been updated?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Location: Canada
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 14:20
At this point we should just assume rejected and move on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2018
Posts: 10
Location: Colombia
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 16:08
gmanmba wrote:
At this point we should just assume rejected and move on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


Seriously? :/

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Location: United States (CT)
Schools: Yale '21 (S)
GPA: 2.8
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 19:22
Reading last year's thread for the 2018 intake.
It seems like a few may actually receive interview invites up until the end of February for round 2.
That is, a few, like maybe a couple of people. Most people will receive their decisions in the negative or positive by mid to late February for round 2.
If we don't receive an invite by the end of this upcoming week. I think it's fair to say we've been passed over.
I'm a current graduate student at Yale so it's disappointing, but I'm not the "management" type and had a hard time making the case for my admission.

unaverage wrote:
Hi everyone,

Do we know if Yale has sent out all interview invites?
As in, for those still seeing application under review on the portal, does that mean still under review or does it probably means a rejection that hasn't been updated?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2019, 19:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 221 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AUSJ



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.