Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 01:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Consortium Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 10:31
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:
workout wrote:
amazingguy shah8

Did you contact admission dept regarding this? I tried to find this but I couldn't find any information about the deadlines for submitting the videos. So, I guess the best bet would be to reach out to the admissions committee soon.

Hi workout,

I just emailed them but I’m nervous I won’t hear back soon enough given the holiday season.

Posted from my mobile device

shah8

You are right that the admissions team may not reply soon enough given the holiday season. Try calling the admissions office.

ak99 or any R1 applicant

Can you tell us whether the application deadline and video submission deadline are different in R1?

Hey! From memory, you send your application and then receive a request via email a couple of days shortly after to record the video answers.

Do you have the option to submit now?
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.99
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 14:11
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:
workout wrote:
amazingguy shah8

Did you contact admission dept regarding this? I tried to find this but I couldn't find any information about the deadlines for submitting the videos. So, I guess the best bet would be to reach out to the admissions committee soon.

Hi workout,

I just emailed them but I’m nervous I won’t hear back soon enough given the holiday season.

Posted from my mobile device

shah8

You are right that the admissions team may not reply soon enough given the holiday season. Try calling the admissions office.

ak99 or any R1 applicant

Can you tell us whether the application deadline and video submission deadline are different in R1?

I had different deadlines. As did everyone in R1. Once I submitted I had 5 days to do the video interview. App deadline was Separated 12. Video deadline was Sep 17. Just send them a note. I remember emailing them because mine didn't work at all for a few hours. Cheers.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 20:20
Quote:

Hey! From memory, you send your application and then receive a request via email a couple of days shortly after to record the video answers.

Do you have the option to submit now?

No option to submit now. I am a bit worried cause Ill have to take time off from work to complete these essays as I doubt I'll do my best after a 10 hour work day so I was hoping to have a concrete time window. Anyway, this is helpful. I've emailed Yale and will try and get them on the phone when they open which is 1/2.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 09:51
Ok guys I heard back and this is very embarrassing but adcoms told me to check the instructions page for deadlines. For me, video questions are due on 1/12
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 11:03
shah8 wrote:
Ok guys I heard back and this is very embarrassing but adcoms told me to check the instructions page for deadlines. For me, video questions are due on 1/12

shah8

Is this instructions page available publicly or as part of the application because I don't see any instructions page?
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 11:08
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:

shah8

Is this instructions page available publicly or as part of the application because I don't see any instructions page?

Its available on private applications, not sure about any public pages though. I never found anything in the public domain
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 11:16
shah8 wrote:
workout wrote:
shah8 wrote:

shah8

Its available on private applications, not sure about any public pages though. I never found anything in the public domain

shah8

Makes sense. Thanks anyway for reporting the information back here.

amazingguy

The deadline for submitting the videos should be available on the instructions page of your application as confirmed by shah8
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Operations (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 12:09
shah8

Thanks for reporting back. Yes, I found it on the instructions page. It is 01/12 for everyone I guess.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 00:36
Hi - Does the school require official test scores to be submitted along with the application or can we apply with the unofficial scores and send the official ones only if admitted?
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 08:42
Sanchita1909 wrote:
Hi - Does the school require official test scores to be submitted along with the application or can we apply with the unofficial scores and send the official ones only if admitted?

shah8 ak99

Do you know if one can submit their application with unofficial scores?
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 09:29
workout wrote:
Sanchita1909 wrote:

shah8 ak99

Yes you can submit with unofficial scores but it will only be reviewed after GMAT scores are received, officially
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 10:10
shah8 wrote:
workout wrote:
Sanchita1909 wrote:

shah8 ak99

Yes you can submit with unofficial scores but it will only be reviewed after GMAT scores are received, officially

Okay, thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 08:18
Hi,
I have submitted my application for R2 and I am going to submit the video questions by tomorrow.
Can I use a headset with a microphone while recording video responses ? I am unable to set up the microphone on my laptop, however the one with the headset works fine.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 15:47
ViktorKrum wrote:
Hi,
I have submitted my application for R2 and I am going to submit the video questions by tomorrow.
Can I use a headset with a microphone while recording video responses ? I am unable to set up the microphone on my laptop, however the one with the headset works fine.

Hello,

I suggest you to ask the admissions or Kira Talent about that, however, I recorded mine using a earphone with mic rather than using the laptop mic.

Best,
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 07:45
ViktorKrum wrote:
Hi,

can you please share the questions with us?
I will submit mine tmw and want to feel more comfortable about them
there is almost no information about them here !!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 07:47
NewHavenGuy wrote:
Finished the video questions this past weekend. Patiently waiting for that to be updated.
I misunderstood the last question. I hope that doesn't reflect too hugely on my overall application.

Current Student
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 07:49
RanaAli wrote:
NewHavenGuy wrote:
Finished the video questions this past weekend. Patiently waiting for that to be updated.
I misunderstood the last question. I hope that doesn't reflect too hugely on my overall application.

Candidates will have to answer different questions. I think they are randomized.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 08:03
RanaAli wrote:
NewHavenGuy wrote:

We have put together video questions of few other schools here. I wanted to add Yale's questions as well but no one has shared any questions here so far.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 08:09
RanaAli wrote:
NewHavenGuy wrote:

They are typically behavioral questions, just like the ones you would get in a job interview.

Make use of the practice questions they provide on their link, they familiarize you with the format and gives you a good feel of how and what would be asked.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 21:42
Hello,

The only list of Yale video questions I have found so far is: https://aringo.com/yale-video-essay-interview/

However, it is random, so you could be asked other questions.

Best,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2019, 21:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 301 posts ] 

Calling all Yale SOM MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status