Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon(Rochester) Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
RaduMerla wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:
ThePot wrote:
What is the deposit amount? After getting a good scholarship, may be depositing an initial amount to hold the seat while we wait for other decisions may not be entirely insane

Not much. $1500 for the Full-Time Program. I deposited just a few days ago.

That sounds reasonable. And it will buy me extra time to hear from the other 11 schools I applied to. Although, for me, Simon trumps all of those except for a few. Tepper is very tempting even without scholarship.

Then looks like you and I may just meet later in the year at Simon! Are you considering coming to the Admit weekend? (10th-12th April)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just might...but since Tepper issues decisions in March and the interviewer gave me a good vibe....I might not...we'll just have to wait and see
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi guys we have started a https://gmatclub.com/chat chat group for the admmitted students for the class of 2017. Do ping me your number so that we can start discussing stuff about Simon and what not..

Cheers and congratulations for the admits

Regards
jKaustubh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maybe these answers from AdCom will shed some light.

1. Where can I find a list of available electives for the MBA Program? I've searched the website and the admitted student portal but was unable to find this information. Essentially how the electives work is that they are free electives, so you can focus on any courses you prefer. Most students select electives to coincide with their concentration area (i.e. finance, marketing, consulting). You can find all of the concentrations and the courses associated with each in our course catalog here: https://www.simon.rochester.edu/registra ... index.aspx.
2. As an MBA Student, am I allowed to take courses from other departments of Rochester University? Yes, you are permitted to take courses outside of the Simon Business School, however, those courses will not transfer back to Simon to count towards your degree requirements. It also depends on the courses you wish to take, and at which school. For example, we have occasionally had students who have taken a class or two at our Warner School of Education if they hope to pursue a career in the education space.
3. What's the amount of the enrollment deposit? Do I forfeit it if I chose to accept a different offer, as the other B Schools will be releasing decisions in March? The amount of the enrollment deposit is indicated in your admission letter which you should be receiving next week (please notify me if you do not). The total deposit required is $3000. However, this is broken up into two installments of $1500 with your first deposit coming due February 6th. Your deposit would be non-refundable. If you pay your deposit, we anticipate you to enroll at Simon. In saying that, it may be possible to discuss a deadline extension with the Admissions Committee. If you decide you need more time to make an informed b-school decision, please let me know and I will share our deadline extension request procedure. In order to manage any expectations for a deadline extension, extending your deadline until March to hear about other decisions will most likely not be approved. However, a deadline of 1-2 weeks is most likely possible.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1371 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I am a 1st MBA student at Simon Business School.
Here is how Elective works.
For the first Fall Quarter, all the courses are core courses, i.e they are mandatory irrespective of your concentration.
Beginning Winter Quarter - 1st week of Jan till 2nd Week of March- you can opt for maximum of 3 electives plus 1 core course:Operations Management.
Some of the electives that are offered and have been taken by my classmates are Pricing Policy (extremely famous!), Financial Statement Analysis, Investments, Marketing Analytics (they teach R!), marketing research, Econ for Competitive Strategy.

Hope it helps shed some light.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
Bumping this :-D :-D

saritdeb wrote:
Any R3 applicant received interview invite ??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
saritdeb wrote:
Bumping this :-D :-D

saritdeb wrote:
Any R3 applicant received interview invite ??

I know of a few people who have. Don't know if they are delayed R2, or R3 since Simon invited some people who applied in R2 for interviews on the deadline day of R2, and they are interviewing this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Hello ppl, I applied in R3 but still did not receive any invitation for the interview. One of my friends got the invitation, he has an appointment on 29th Jan. Does that mean I am not considered or I should wait?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yep, I am getting a little nervous too! My application was 'completed' in the Status on 6th January itself because the Status says this - "Your application was completed on 1/6/2015 2:42:00 PM"

If people who have been invited can come forward, it will be great
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
srijohn saritdeb ThePot - I am an R2 applicant and I got my interview invitation 1 day before the R2 results notification date. So I guess it is true when some schools say that you can get an interview invitation up until the last day.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAGirl17 wrote:
srijohn saritdeb ThePot - I am an R2 applicant and I got my interview invitation 1 day before the R2 results notification date. So I guess it is true when some schools say that you can get an interview invitation up until the last day.

And you got your decision on the last day too? which is one day after your interview date? Did you get in?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi! I received an email from the Adcom saying that I'm considered as their priority candidate if I'm applying. This is tempting so I responded yes and sent out my resume and had my interview scheduled next week.

But seems like my interview is a little different as they call it admission and scholarship evaluation. I guess I also need to demonstrate interest and fit with the school, but I'm a little bit discouraged by the school location and degree concentrations. I'm looking into CSR/sustainability as a potential path but couldn't really find much related through the school website. Can jamifahad or anyone shed some lights on this if you're aware of?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
MBAGirl17 wrote:

And you got your decision on the last day too? which is one day after your interview date? Did you get in?

Nope, still waiting. I assumed they would take some time, especially since I saw a few messages from people saying they got the decision 4-5 weeks after their interview. I know they have rolling admissions so just patiently waiting for now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Anyone with R3 invites ?
My application says under review. By what time do they start rolling out the interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes rahul, a few people have received it. I am worried too. Simon usually has quick turnaround time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ThePot wrote:
Yes rahul, a few people have received it. I am worried too. Simon usually has quick turnaround time.

Let's keep the fingers crossed ! Let me know if you hear anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview today with Nicole Krestos.
Standard questions - Resume Walk-through, Why MBA, Why Now, ST/LT goals and why specifically those, Leadership Experience, What I do apart from work, and a few questions related to the answers I gave and finally Q&A. Approx 40 mins
It was a blind interview which seemed strange since they sent out the invite over a month after submission.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts