GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 09:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2019, 21:32
Hello, I'm currently working in one of Southeast Asia's biggest Bank.

I worked as an auditor for 3 years, providing assurance and consultancy services, and strategic recommendation to Treasury, Asset Liabilities Management, Structured Products, Marketing, International Banking, Capital Markets, Trade Finance, and Overseas Offices.

During my 3 years of working experience I already have broad experiences as follows :
1. Reviewing the effectivity of asset & liabilities Management & Strategies of the Bank as well as its Subsidiaries (General Insurance company, Life Insurance company, and Health Insurance company, Overseas Subsidiary)
2. Reviewing the risk of Structured Products to Bank's strategies
3. Reviewing Investment Banking Management, Equity & Debt Capital Market Management, and Proprietary Investment Management of my country's biggest Securites (subsidiary of the bank where I worked)
4. Reviewing Marketing Strategies and Mutual Fund Product of my country's biggest Asset Management
5. Reviewing the investment optimization of all entities within The Bank's Group
My job also requires me to do discussions and debating with auditee and most of them are in a management level

With my work experience stated above, do I qualified to apply for an MBA program in Warwick? Considering the limited time of work experience (only 3 years)

Previously I work for almost 2 years as a programmer then QA. In entered my current company in April 2016 taking management trainee. Started working in August 2016 and I plan to apply early Jan 2020, so my work experience in my current company will be about 3.5 years

Currently other than Warwick I am also considering to apply to Carnegie Mellon & UToronto

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 00:01
Hi Joice08101992

I request you to post the same query in the following forum too.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Thanks.

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 08:26
Joice08101992 wrote:

I worked as an auditor for 3 years, providing assurance and consultancy services, and strategic recommendation to Treasury, Asset Liabilities Management, Structured Products, Marketing, International Banking, Capital Markets, Trade Finance, and Overseas Offices.

During my 3 years of working experience I already have broad experiences as follows :
1. Reviewing the effectivity of asset & liabilities Management & Strategies of the Bank as well as its Subsidiaries (General Insurance company, Life Insurance company, and Health Insurance company, Overseas Subsidiary)
3. Reviewing Investment Banking Management, Equity & Debt Capital Market Management, and Proprietary Investment Management of my country's biggest Securites (subsidiary of the bank where I worked)
4. Reviewing Marketing Strategies and Mutual Fund Product of my country's biggest Asset Management
5. Reviewing the investment optimization of all entities within The Bank's Group
My job also requires me to do discussions and debating with auditee and most of them are in a management level

With my work experience stated above, do I qualified to apply for an MBA program in Warwick? Considering the limited time of work experience (only 3 years)

Previously I work for almost 2 years as a programmer then QA. In entered my current company in April 2016 taking management trainee. Started working in August 2016 and I plan to apply early Jan 2020, so my work experience in my current company will be about 3.5 years

Currently other than Warwick I am also considering to apply to Carnegie Mellon & UToronto

Hi Joyce,
Yes you can apply if you have 3 years experience. That’s the minimum requirement. I also had 3.5 years of work ex, applied to Warwick and Cass Business School and got through both of them.
All the best!
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 08:49
Definitely you can buddy.
Most colleges require minimum of 2 years only.

GMAT:710 (Q49,V38,IR8,AWA5)
VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 08:53
Joice08101992 wrote:

Yes, you can.
They need: At least three years post-graduate work experience in a business related or managerial role.
Here you go for the requirement:
https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/mba/faq/

https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/mba/full-time/apply/

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.15
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 05:30
"Hi Joyce,
Yes you can apply if you have 3 years experience. That’s the minimum requirement. I also had 3.5 years of work ex, applied to Warwick and Cass Business School and got through both of them.
All the best![/quote]"

Hi Mehaktakulia,
I had interview with the Warwick school 1 week ago but haven't got their result (I feel the interview went on well but not confident to email to the school for the result). May I know how long did you have to wait to get interview result, more than 1 week?
Kim Chi.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2019, 05:30

Can I do MBA with 3 years of working experience?

new topic post reply Update application status