Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: HEC (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V163
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Darden vs HEC [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi. Congrats on your admits!
Graduating from HEC you would be networking and recruiting in Europe. There is a small network of US and Canadian alums but your success will be largely off campus and no Visa.... if you are able to leverage your Mexico background to use the TN or another Visa program, then perhaps the value of Darden is less but if you need H1B, to recruit in the US, it is really only Darden.

As a side note, Regenerate attempted to build MBA Rankings and in his analsyis, Darden was actually #1 for ROI.... it say ssomething... However, in many respects that's due to the IB and high payingi NYC jobs that Darden targets.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-off ... 35846.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 261
Send PM
Darden!!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Darden.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1024 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hi ceciliac89

Go with Darden.

New H1-B visa rules just implemented in USA. So just check with that also. if you come under NAFTA then it will doesn't matter.

Regards,
Rajat Chopra
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Darden vs HEC [#permalink]
Hi ceciliac89
Congratulations on getting admits. Both of these schools are fantastic to go. As other users mentioned before, Darden should be your priority considering post MBA goal location. You have to network a lot. For US, you will have much more opportunities through Darden. I am sure the bigger amount spent will give you better returns.

To conclude, Darden is a no brianer :) all the best for your journey.

ceciliac89 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I was looking for advice since I have been admitted to HEC and Darden. I am starting to stress out because I need to make a decision and pay really soon. My main concern is that I did not get any scholarship nor financial aid for Darden, HEC gave me a small scholarship of 10,000 euros. HEC will cost me half of what Darden would since I will have to get a credit with prodigy the financial issue is kind of important. I am from Mexico and will ultimately like to work in the US, I am torn since I do not know if Darden is worth the extra debt.

Any help or advice would really appreciate it.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi. Congrats on your admits!
Graduating from HEC you would be networking and recruiting in Europe. There is a small network of US and Canadian alums but your success will be largely off campus and no Visa.... if you are able to leverage your Mexico background to use the TN or another Visa program, then perhaps the value of Darden is less but if you need H1B, to recruit in the US, it is really only Darden.

As a side note, Regenerate attempted to build MBA Rankings and in his analsyis, Darden was actually #1 for ROI.... it say ssomething... However, in many respects that's due to the IB and high payingi NYC jobs that Darden targets.

Thank you so much, that was really helpful! Seems like Darden is worth the extra debt and investment, though I am not targeting IB I still think it will be a great enabler to get a well paid job in energy consulting. I´ll see if I can maybe negotiate a scholarship since I got admitted into HEC also. But thank you so so much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Leadership wrote:
Hi
Congratulations on getting admits. Both of these schools are fantastic to go. As other users mentioned before, Darden should be your priority considering post MBA goal location. You have to network a lot. For US, you will have much more opportunities through Darden. I am sure the bigger amount spent will give you better returns.

To conclude, Darden is a no brianer :) all the best for your journey.

ceciliac89 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I was looking for advice since I have been admitted to HEC and Darden. I am starting to stress out because I need to make a decision and pay really soon. My main concern is that I did not get any scholarship nor financial aid for Darden, HEC gave me a small scholarship of 10,000 euros. HEC will cost me half of what Darden would since I will have to get a credit with prodigy the financial issue is kind of important. I am from Mexico and will ultimately like to work in the US, I am torn since I do not know if Darden is worth the extra debt.

Thank you so much for the insight, I guess Darden is the best option and it´s worth the extra debt. I do think that as Mexican it is easier to get a job thanks to nafta. If Darden helps me get a well paid job then I guess it will be easier to pay my debt after all. Thanks again!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
bb wrote:
<snip>
As a side note, Regenerate attempted to ...
<snip>
Quote:

As Yoda says,"Do or do not. There is no try."

bb wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-official-1st-annual-ranking-of-full-time-us-mba-programs-335846.html

BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
ceciliac89 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Sure, ask Darden for a little scholarship, but even if they say NO, given your goals, I wouldn't over think it. Consulting is a HUGE focus of their program.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Same situation here and still not decided yet. But I got little $ from Darden vs none from HEC Paris.

Internatioal students here, 7 years WE in marketing, plan to come back to Asia for consulting, tech or LDP role. Any tips?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cnzlim wrote:
Same situation here and still not decided yet. But I got little $ from Darden vs none from HEC Paris.

Internatioal students here, 7 years WE in marketing, plan to come back to Asia for consulting, tech or LDP role. Any tips?

Tomorrow I am speaking to an HEC alumni who did an exchange semester at Darden. Maybe her insight is helpful and I you can also speak to her. If you are not planning to work in the US I think HEC is a great program and is well positioned within rakings.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V45
Send PM
Darden of course

HEC is not bad but has no presence in america
GMAT Club Bot