Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619195 [1]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: FOSTER Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Would really be thankful if you guys can take a look at my profile

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 700 Q 50 V 34 (Giving the exam again on 13th of next month)
Undergrad 7.29/10 from IIIT Hyderabad (Next to old IITs sorta collage)
12th 93% 10th 88%

Work Ex: 4 years by the time I start my MBA

Currently with Grab Singapore (Backend engineer)
Previously 2 years 2 months at Google India as a Software Engineer
Although this does not count (10 months Research intern with CA during undergrad and Summer intern at Groupon)

Achievements and Extra Curriculars:

1. U14 State level Kabaddi (Represented Odisha)
2. Cultural Head for annual techno cultural fest of Undergrad university [ And also Cultural head for 2 successive years for intra college events]
3. Ed Support volunteer at Make A difference ( ~ 8 months)
4. ACM ICPC two times onsite under 30 ranked team
5. TA for artificial intelligence in Undergrad
6. School(High school and Primary) level certificates for few sports and cultural events

Any suggestions or any idea about the chances?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: FOSTER Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi
I am a female with a Liberal Arts background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation. My plan is to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Entrepreneurship. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 600 (39Q/36V) (This score is solely based on little prep via MBALaunch program. I am in a Manhattan Prep course now to get a much higher score)
GPA: 3.06
Degree: BA- Gender & Women Studies & African American Studies
Experience: 6 years total; 3 in Non Profit where I have received a promotion and created a new department (that is excelling and growing)
Extracurricular:
Board member (young professional) for the YWCA (also Social Chair).
Implementing a Young Professional board currently at my Non Profit.
Humanities and Arts Chair for Continental Societies, Inc (non profit org that focuses on children).

Please evaluate my profile and what should be my target score for GMAT be.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Background and nationality: Nepalese citizen

Undergrad Information
Bsc (H) in Statistics from one of the best college in India
Scored around 80% overall

GMAT: 610 Q49 V25 IR 8

Work experience and leadership. Work experience over 2 years. Started a joint venture service company in Nepal. Have built the company from scratch. Now the company turnover is around $100,000. Managing around 15-17 employees and look after Marketing and Finance.
Community and others: Have worked with 3 different NGOs during college. Interned with them as well as have worked part time.

Post MBA goals: After learning more about management would like to get back to expand my business.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
keats wrote:
ss20tali wrote:
Age: 26 ( Will be 27 when i join B School) ---- You are at the best possible age. Most of the business schools in US have average age around 27-28
Nationality: Indian
GPA: 9.78/10 (3.96/4.0) ---------I am not sure if you have done WES (or any 3rd party). But, if it is WES(or any 3rd party) and GPA is 3.96, you have a great scholarship chance
Degree: Electronics and Communication Engineering. (From a decent well known college, but not any of the IITs or NITs)
Years of Professional Experience: a little over 4 years. Hoping to complete 5 years by the time i start my MBA. --------------As long as it is not an IIT, most of it is same. And I've seen this doesn't matter much at US B schools

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0) ----With Q50, you have very good chances. But overall for an Indian girl, this will mostly do.

Work Profile: Research Engineer in the R&D Division of one of the largest Consumer electronics Company in the world (One of the renowned brands in the world). 2 promotions in 4 years. Have two technical publications. I have mentored several interns and currently work as a module lead. ----- Looks like you work for Samsung Electronics. This will certainly help especially with those 2 promotions. It would be great if you can put up some leadership stories from here

Extra Curricular: I am a trained musician in Indian Classical and folk music. I have been a keyboard player for a professional music group and have a certificate in Indian Music.
Some experience in community service as a treasurer.-----Looks decent

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in strategy and planning; mostly in the field of consumer electronics or communications technology.
Long term: Strategy consulting.

Do i stand a chance at Foster? Planning to apply in Round 1

ss20tali: Overall, I would say you have quite a good chance provided you pull out well in the interview!

Hi,

Can anyone help me with my profile evaluation. I am an Indian Female with following profile:-

1) B.Tech (CS/IT) - with 77% honors degree
2) M.Tech (CS) - with 9.3 CGPA

3) Experience - 7-8 years in the field of Patent engineering (technical consulting). I am a manager and have been managing a team of engineers for Microsoft's IP Team. Basically, I work for Microsoft's Vendor (known as Unitedlex in Gurgaon), but have a direct interfacing with Microsoft's IP team at Seattle. As part of my job profile, my work is to provide technical analysis to Microsoft IP's Cloud Team, perform market analysis for different Cloud vendors, share proposals for upcoming cloud + security technologies.
From the last 7 years, I have been rated among the top 10% employees of my company.

4) Gmat - 720

5) Extra curricular - I have been heading Social & Cultural activities Group of my company. Further, I was an office bearer (house captain) in my school, and was a Class Representative in my college.

I want to apply in Full time MBA/ MSIS program from Foster school of Business. I want to know if my profile is well suited or if I need to improve my profile to get into Foster's MBA/MSIS program?

Thanks in advance.

Harleen

Originally posted by harleen.kaur on 24 May 2019, 03:00.
Last edited by harleen.kaur on 13 Apr 2022, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All

I'm a 24 year old female, based out of Pune, working in a digital marketing agency. I'm applying to B schools for the August 2020 intake. I Lived in Shanghai, China for 5 years, finished my high school from there (11th and 12th in the IB International Baccalaureate Board). Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 690 (going to retake in Sept)
Undergrad: B.Tech in Biotechnology from Delhi College of Engineering - scored 71%.

Work ex: 2 years (3 years by the time I start the program) in a digital marketing agency (Merkle Sokrati)
- Complete knowledge of social media marketing - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Developed data analysis skills to successfully map and interpret multiple data sources, such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, to make informed decisions about digital strategy.
- End to end account management from execution to strategy and management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditing new or existing accounts to determine account health and suggesting ways to improve it.
- Actively participating in the recruitment process through interviews, campus drives, trainings and seminars.
- Creating and presenting performance decks for quarterly/monthly business reviews based on trends both specific to the client and the industry.

- 2 fast-tracked promotions in this 2 year span
- Received several client appreciations for driving excellent performance performance and over-achieving the monthly/quarterly targets.
- Current position: Business Strategy Manager
- Leading a team of 10 people with annual spends of $4million for clients across different verticals - Ecommerce, BFSI, OTT, Telecomm
- Mentoring the team members and working on their personal development plans and growth paths.
- Collaborating regularly with agency partners from Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok to understand new channel offerings, seek help to solve client and performance issues, and brainstorm ideas to expand client business.
- Working on projects for Industry Research and Market Understanding for clients in new verticals, such as Gaming and OTT for Kids.
- Extensive collaboration with a team of 30 individuals working on the organizations quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).

Extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications
- Facebook Buying Professional Certification
- A grade in Rio+22 Power India Certification Program - the IARC center for United Nations Certification Program on sustainable energy.
- Organised multiple events in College
- Part of the organising committee of the tech fest in college - INNOVA. Held the position of Head - HR and Online Events.
- Part of the organising committee of Deltech Model United Nations for 3 years continuously. Held the position of Under Secretary General - Delegate Relations. Led a team of 20+ students and brought in a total of 350+ delegates from all around India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Kangan95 wrote:
Hi All

I'm a 24 year old female, based out of Pune, working in a digital marketing agency. I'm applying to B schools for the August 2020 intake. I Lived in Shanghai, China for 5 years, finished my high school from there (11th and 12th in the IB International Baccalaureate Board). Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 690 (going to retake in Sept)
Undergrad: B.Tech in Biotechnology from Delhi College of Engineering - scored 71%.

Work ex: 2 years (3 years by the time I start the program) in a digital marketing agency (Merkle Sokrati)
- Complete knowledge of social media marketing - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Developed data analysis skills to successfully map and interpret multiple data sources, such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, to make informed decisions about digital strategy.
- End to end account management from execution to strategy and management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditing new or existing accounts to determine account health and suggesting ways to improve it.
- Actively participating in the recruitment process through interviews, campus drives, trainings and seminars.
- Creating and presenting performance decks for quarterly/monthly business reviews based on trends both specific to the client and the industry.

- 2 fast-tracked promotions in this 2 year span
- Received several client appreciations for driving excellent performance performance and over-achieving the monthly/quarterly targets.
- Current position: Business Strategy Manager
- Leading a team of 10 people with annual spends of $4million for clients across different verticals - Ecommerce, BFSI, OTT, Telecomm
- Mentoring the team members and working on their personal development plans and growth paths.
- Collaborating regularly with agency partners from Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok to understand new channel offerings, seek help to solve client and performance issues, and brainstorm ideas to expand client business.
- Working on projects for Industry Research and Market Understanding for clients in new verticals, such as Gaming and OTT for Kids.
- Extensive collaboration with a team of 30 individuals working on the organizations quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).

Extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications
- Facebook Buying Professional Certification
- A grade in Rio+22 Power India Certification Program - the IARC center for United Nations Certification Program on sustainable energy.
- Organised multiple events in College
- Part of the organising committee of the tech fest in college - INNOVA. Held the position of Head - HR and Online Events.
- Part of the organising committee of Deltech Model United Nations for 3 years continuously. Held the position of Under Secretary General - Delegate Relations. Led a team of 20+ students and brought in a total of 350+ delegates from all around India

Great profile. Best part is you are leading a team already
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Undergraduate: University of Washington
GPA: 3.82 (cum laude)
GRE: 168 Quant/154 Verbal
Background: Asian Male (American)
Work Experience: 3.5+ years at startup biotech company

A senior research associate and project lead - fastest promotion to project lead on team. Developed assays for investor showcases, optimized workflows, increased transparency of data, data mining and analysis of results, and leading a team of 3 (including myself) on a new project for the company. Direct contact with CEO, VPs, and directors daily to present updates and results. Have one pending patent. Collaborate with multiple departments - protein engineering, molecular engineering, and more.

Previous experience:
8 months as English teacher in Korea for government program
6 months as English/science/SAT teacher in Korea
Orientation Leader for Korean Government - two times (each 3-4 weeks long)

Extracurriculars in college:
Fraternity (VP of standards and ritual)
Honor Society -VP
Glee Club
Team Captain for Swim meet
Volunteer Leader for Hospital
Biochemistry Teaching Assistant

Current Extracurriculars:
Tennis League participant and champion
Going to enroll in data analytics course

Awards/Honors
Published paper in cancer journal
Fraternity Scholarship
Korean Engineering Scholarship
Research Scholarship - Mary Gates

Please rate my chances. Should I take the GMAT? Is it worth applying to the first round or take the time to take the GMAT and apply in the second round?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Applying to MS in Supply Chain Management at Foster
Background and nationality: Female Asian, 26 years old
Undergrad Information: Bachelor degree in Finance
GMAT: 710
TOEFL : 101
Work experience and leadership: 3 years SCM experiences
a. 1 year in semiconductor distributor (Taiwanese Leading Company)
b. 1.5 year in tech manufacturing (USA company, fortune 500)
c. 0.5 year in FMCG (Switzerland company, fortune 500)

Please rate my chance in MS SCM program. thank you!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ccccccccccCCCCC,

I realised that this thread wasn't touched by anyone for quite a time. I am curious to find out if you already applied or you are going to apply for the next intake?
Looking forward to learning about the changes/development in your profile since January 2020, so that I can evaluate your profile better.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641

ccccccccccCCCCC wrote:
Applying to MS in Supply Chain Management at Foster
Background and nationality: Female Asian, 26 years old
Undergrad Information: Bachelor degree in Finance
GMAT: 710
TOEFL : 101
Work experience and leadership: 3 years SCM experiences
a. 1 year in semiconductor distributor (Taiwanese Leading Company)
b. 1.5 year in tech manufacturing (USA company, fortune 500)
c. 0.5 year in FMCG (Switzerland company, fortune 500)

Please rate my chance in MS SCM program. thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 225
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hello, 
I am planning to retake GMAT(this will be 4th attempt), aiming 750+
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

26-year-old Indian Engineer Male

Education:
IP University(Btech in Electronics and Communication, passed out in 2016)

Professional Experience:
Post Btech, I started working for an Ed-Tech startup and was heading the operations training program there. Along with day-to-day interactions with students from various schools and negotiating with School representatives.
After working there for 8 months, I joined Accenture Technology where I was loaned as an asset to one of the biggest Telecom Providers in India in handling M&O for them. Responsible for managing a network servicing 25+ million people and saving them more than 10 million$ in revenue by automating the processes. 
Working for approximately 2 years I decided to join my family business - catering to the automobile, plastic, and pharmaceutical sector in India in 2018. 
Leveraged my learnings in helping automate and modernize the 25-year-old business, impacting the bottom line and increasing profit margins as well as helping the existing employees in upskilling themselves.
Because of my keen interest in giving back to the environment, I am also helping various Solar Installation companies to increase their outreach/client base and enhancing their supply chain along the way.

Leadership Experience: As a part of LMF(an NPO) I am responsible for mentor outreach to connect them with students from weaker economic sections of the society.
Also, I was one of the members out of 700 selected from a pool of 22k applicants for the prestigious Jagriti Yatra 2020 leading the baton for energy and sustainability.
Moreover, I am part of a travel group that helps me fund my trips will earn a buck alongside the opportunity to travel to some of the less explored destinations and meet new people along the way.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on sustainability to get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi bratbg,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with your work experience, it appears to be varied. Your Ed-Tech startup has a social component that you may leverage to demonstrate impact if you can share some stories about how you contributed to the same. Your work at Accenture shows your potential and ability to excel in your responsibilities. It looks great and exciting, transitioning from a startup to a job and now a family business. Your experience in the family business seems actually great, you have brought innovative changes by automating the process. Overall a great work experience and achievements. Your post-MBA goals make sense, it needs more polishing. You will need to share your goals clearly and the vision behind it.

Overall you have a great profile. The only concern in your profile is a low GMAT score. If you are able to get 750+, then you have a shot at top business schools as well. The average GMAT score for the schools you have selected is between 680-700. You have a shot at these schools (as well as top b-schools) only if you can craft an awesome story that brings a real you in the application. You may want to read a real case study of MBA reapplicant. You will get some hard facts and the absolute keys to enhancing your candidacy as an MBA reapplicant. According to your post-MBA goals, Georgetown would be a great pick. I would like to know the reason behind shortlisting these schools. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and pick the right schools for you. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

“Coffee with alums”- LGBT+ event

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

bratbg wrote:
Hello, 
I am planning to retake GMAT(this will be 4th attempt), aiming 750+
I want to know if there are chances to be admitted with a 7.04/10 CGPA, a current score of 680 on my GMAT. 
Also, any help in narrowing down the school list for the same will be a great help. (will be reapplicant in some of the schools- Vanderbilt, ASU, Carlson, Georgiatech, Georgetown, and UT Austin)

26-year-old Indian Engineer Male

Education:
IP University(Btech in Electronics and Communication, passed out in 2016)

Professional Experience:
Post Btech, I started working for an Ed-Tech startup and was heading the operations training program there. Along with day-to-day interactions with students from various schools and negotiating with School representatives.
After working there for 8 months, I joined Accenture Technology where I was loaned as an asset to one of the biggest Telecom Providers in India in handling M&O for them. Responsible for managing a network servicing 25+ million people and saving them more than 10 million$ in revenue by automating the processes. 
Working for approximately 2 years I decided to join my family business - catering to the automobile, plastic, and pharmaceutical sector in India in 2018. 
Leveraged my learnings in helping automate and modernize the 25-year-old business, impacting the bottom line and increasing profit margins as well as helping the existing employees in upskilling themselves.
Because of my keen interest in giving back to the environment, I am also helping various Solar Installation companies to increase their outreach/client base and enhancing their supply chain along the way.

Leadership Experience: As a part of LMF(an NPO) I am responsible for mentor outreach to connect them with students from weaker economic sections of the society.
Also, I was one of the members out of 700 selected from a pool of 22k applicants for the prestigious Jagriti Yatra 2020 leading the baton for energy and sustainability.
Moreover, I am part of a travel group that helps me fund my trips will earn a buck alongside the opportunity to travel to some of the less explored destinations and meet new people along the way.

Post-MBA goals:
I want to work in supply chain consulting with a focus on sustainability to get accelerated learning of the industry and establish a required network.
Long term- come back to India and start a company focusing on servicing the EV industry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619195 [0]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Re: FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FOSTER Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.