It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2016, 00:47
This post was
BOOKMARKED

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for UW Foster applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Nationality: Indian
GPA: 9.78/10 (3.96/4.0)
Degree: Electronics and Communication Engineering. (From a decent well known college, but not any of the IITs or NITs)
Years of Professional Experience: a little over 4 years. Hoping to complete 5 years by the time i start my MBA.

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)

Work Profile: Research Engineer in the R&D Division of one of the largest Consumer electronics Company in the world (One of the renowned brands in the world). 2 promotions in 4 years. Have two technical publications. I have mentored several interns and currently work as a module lead.

Extra Curricular: I am a trained musician in Indian Classical and folk music. I have been a keyboard player for a professional music group and have a certificate in Indian Music.
Some experience in community service as a treasurer.

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in strategy and planning; mostly in the field of consumer electronics or communications technology.
Long term: Strategy consulting.

Do i stand a chance at Foster? Planning to apply in Round 1

Last edited by Narenn on 25 Jul 2017, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
stickied

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2016, 06:27
ss20tali wrote:
Age: 26 ( Will be 27 when i join B School) ---- You are at the best possible age. Most of the business schools in US have average age around 27-28
GPA: 9.78/10 (3.96/4.0) ---------I am not sure if you have done WES (or any 3rd party). But, if it is WES(or any 3rd party) and GPA is 3.96, you have a great scholarship chance
Degree: Electronics and Communication Engineering. (From a decent well known college, but not any of the IITs or NITs)
Years of Professional Experience: a little over 4 years. Hoping to complete 5 years by the time i start my MBA. --------------As long as it is not an IIT, most of it is same. And I've seen this doesn't matter much at US B schools

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0) ----With Q50, you have very good chances. But overall for an Indian girl, this will mostly do.

Work Profile: Research Engineer in the R&D Division of one of the largest Consumer electronics Company in the world (One of the renowned brands in the world). 2 promotions in 4 years. Have two technical publications. I have mentored several interns and currently work as a module lead. ----- Looks like you work for Samsung Electronics. This will certainly help especially with those 2 promotions. It would be great if you can put up some leadership stories from here

Extra Curricular: I am a trained musician in Indian Classical and folk music. I have been a keyboard player for a professional music group and have a certificate in Indian Music.
Some experience in community service as a treasurer.-----Looks decent

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in strategy and planning; mostly in the field of consumer electronics or communications technology.

ss20tali: Overall, I would say you have quite a good chance provided you pull out well in the interview!

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 02:53
Top Contributor
ss20tali wrote:
GPA: 9.78/10 (3.96/4.0)
Years of Professional Experience: a little over 4 years. Hoping to complete 5 years by the time i start my MBA.

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)

Work Profile: Research Engineer in the R&D Division of one of the largest Consumer electronics Company in the world (One of the renowned brands in the world). 2 promotions in 4 years. Have two technical publications. I have mentored several interns and currently work as a module lead.

Some experience in community service as a treasurer.

Goals:

I am a Foster Alum (grad of 2015) and would give you my 2 cents. Overall the profile is good, but you have to really show why you are fit for Foster School of Business. Foster values team work and definitely tries to see if you would be a fit for some of the comapnies in Seattle (Amazon, MS, TMobile etc).

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Mendoza '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2017, 20:22
Would really be thankful if you guys can take a look at my profile

GMAT: 700 Q 50 V 34 (Giving the exam again on 13th of next month)
Undergrad 7.29/10 from IIIT Hyderabad (Next to old IITs sorta collage)
12th 93% 10th 88%

Work Ex: 4 years by the time I start my MBA

Currently with Grab Singapore (Backend engineer)
Previously 2 years 2 months at Google India as a Software Engineer
Although this does not count (10 months Research intern with CA during undergrad and Summer intern at Groupon)

Achievements and Extra Curriculars:

1. U14 State level Kabaddi (Represented Odisha)
2. Cultural Head for annual techno cultural fest of Undergrad university [ And also Cultural head for 2 successive years for intra college events]
3. Ed Support volunteer at Make A difference ( ~ 8 months)
4. ACM ICPC two times onsite under 30 ranked team
5. TA for artificial intelligence in Undergrad
6. School(High school and Primary) level certificates for few sports and cultural events

Any suggestions or any idea about the chances?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2017, 18:57
Hi
I am a female with a Liberal Arts background. I will be applying to B schools in US this year for a two year MBA program. I am looking for a profile evaluation. My plan is to specialize in Operations/Supply Chain/Entrepreneurship. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 600 (39Q/36V) (This score is solely based on little prep via MBALaunch program. I am in a Manhattan Prep course now to get a much higher score)
GPA: 3.06
Degree: BA- Gender & Women Studies & African American Studies
Experience: 6 years total; 3 in Non Profit where I have received a promotion and created a new department (that is excelling and growing)
Extracurricular:
Board member (young professional) for the YWCA (also Social Chair).
Implementing a Young Professional board currently at my Non Profit.
Humanities and Arts Chair for Continental Societies, Inc (non profit org that focuses on children).

Please evaluate my profile and what should be my target score for GMAT be.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 01:07
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here!   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2017, 01:07

FOSTER PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap