GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 18:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Posts: 375
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 03:08
The verbal section questions have not become difficult. But, the timing per question we have in hand has definitely reduced, leading to a huge rush. On the other hand, the quant section I feel has become trickier, with the questions becoming more wordy and time taking.

This was my experience from my first attempt. I believe the questions we solve in the GMAT mocks are still the same. The question bank has not changed, but the original exam has become tough. Thus, it is no more as easy as it was to complete the exam in time and solve all questions with equal time and dedication. I can bet that one has to mark guess on atleast 2 or 3 questions in verbal to avoid missing completing the section, as leaving questions unattempted leads to even higher penalty.

No doubt, the new GMAT sucks !!

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Posts: 179
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 08:20
IMO the shorter timing per question in the verbal section is negligible. I took the longer exam version before April 16 and finished verbal "too quickly" with about 10-12 minutes remaining, from my recollection.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 00:48
1
I gave the test in new format today my score improved from 640 to 710.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Posts: 375
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 22:11
gmatzpractice wrote:
IMO the shorter timing per question in the verbal section is negligible. I took the longer exam version before April 16 and finished verbal "too quickly" with about 10-12 minutes remaining, from my recollection.
It depends from person to person. Most people just finish on time and some even rush a bit to finish. So, for them, it is a disadvantage, no doubt.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 15
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 01:34
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jun 2017
Posts: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 14:50
I would like to ask :
Did any one find a significant difference between scores of the official practice exams and the new real GMAT ?
_________________

Hope this helps
Give kudos if it does

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2017
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 16:45
1
RashmiT wrote:
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?



I believe GMAC offered new activation codes on request for any purchases made Oct 2017 onwards. But that was like 2 months back. You need to contact GMAC and see if they can still do that for you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 15
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 23:29
pantera07 wrote:
RashmiT wrote:
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?



I believe GMAC offered new activation codes on request for any purchases made Oct 2017 onwards. But that was like 2 months back. You need to contact GMAC and see if they can still do that for you.


Thank you for your input.. i will do so now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 03:31
Dear All,

I am about to take the GMAT on 11-Aug-2018. While browsing through some of the articles I noticed that some people claims that these days GMAT is not asking Sentence correction in conventional manner i.e. standard approach, which you will find in any GMAT material.

I would request any one of you (who has recently appeared in the exam) to help me out on this.

Regards,
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 1696
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 04:22
yugantarthakkur wrote:
Dear All,

I am about to take the GMAT on 11-Aug-2018. While browsing through some of the articles I noticed that some people claims that these days GMAT is not asking Sentence correction in conventional manner i.e. standard approach, which you will find in any GMAT material.

I would request any one of you (who has recently appeared in the exam) to help me out on this.

Regards,
That's not true. It remains a good idea to prepare for the GMAT and to use high quality prep material to do so.
_________________

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Feb 2017
Posts: 5
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.9
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Aug 2018, 21:56
Just took the GMAT for the fourth time and found the new format to be much more challenging, unfortunately. I received three massive, convoluted RC passages and one shorter passage. SC used to allow me to make-up time, but now that there are fewer it is much harder to do so.

Quant seemed to be more wordy than normal. A lot of long word problems.

Overall, I found the test to be quite challenging, but I may have just been fatigued.

Originally posted by wanderingmba on 27 Aug 2018, 18:55.
Last edited by wanderingmba on 27 Aug 2018, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 20:55
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?
_________________

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take..

KUDOS Please..!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2017
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V30
GPA: 2.8
CAT Tests
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 21:58
1
SWAT09 wrote:
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?


Dear SWAT09,

According to me, the old format won't do you much good as your fatigue levels may vary due to the shortened length and as the number of RCs has not decreased, management of time on Verbal will be different for the old and the new format.

I suggest you get your codes changed.

You can send an official mail to GMAC requesting to change the old codes into new ones and apologize as you have missed the deadline.
I did the same and got my old codes changed.

Just follow the steps to change old codes mentioned on mba.com.


All the best!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 23:55
j.shivank wrote:
SWAT09 wrote:
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?


Dear SWAT09,

According to me, the old format won't do you much good as your fatigue levels may vary due to the shortened length and as the number of RCs has not decreased, management of time on Verbal will be different for the old and the new format.

I suggest you get your codes changed.

You can send an official mail to GMAC requesting to change the old codes into new ones and apologize as you have missed the deadline.
I did the same and got my old codes changed.

Just follow the steps to change old codes mentioned on mba.com.

All the best!


thanks j.shivank that was some valuable information.
Sent a mail to mba.com as u said.. lets see.
_________________

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take..

KUDOS Please..!!

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 06:02
1
j.shivank wrote:
SWAT09 wrote:
I have older versions of GMAT prep EP1 & 2 and i gave my practice tests on those..scored 690 & 710.. can the scores be considered accurate? I mean to what extent is the shorter version and older version different? Are they good for practice?


Dear SWAT09,

According to me, the old format won't do you much good as your fatigue levels may vary due to the shortened length and as the number of RCs has not decreased, management of time on Verbal will be different for the old and the new format.

I suggest you get your codes changed.

You can send an official mail to GMAC requesting to change the old codes into new ones and apologize as you have missed the deadline.
I did the same and got my old codes changed.

Just follow the steps to change old codes mentioned on mba.com.


All the best!


Thank you j.shivank ..it worked..though they took a weeks time to reply, the official people provided me with new codes to activate & migrate to shorter version.
_________________

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take..

KUDOS Please..!!

GMAT Club Bot
GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter &nbs [#permalink] 07 Sep 2018, 06:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   [ 435 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.