GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 01:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 03:08
The verbal section questions have not become difficult. But, the timing per question we have in hand has definitely reduced, leading to a huge rush. On the other hand, the quant section I feel has become trickier, with the questions becoming more wordy and time taking.

This was my experience from my first attempt. I believe the questions we solve in the GMAT mocks are still the same. The question bank has not changed, but the original exam has become tough. Thus, it is no more as easy as it was to complete the exam in time and solve all questions with equal time and dedication. I can bet that one has to mark guess on atleast 2 or 3 questions in verbal to avoid missing completing the section, as leaving questions unattempted leads to even higher penalty.

No doubt, the new GMAT sucks !!

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2018, 08:20
IMO the shorter timing per question in the verbal section is negligible. I took the longer exam version before April 16 and finished verbal "too quickly" with about 10-12 minutes remaining, from my recollection.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 00:48
I gave the test in new format today my score improved from 640 to 710.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2018, 22:11
gmatzpractice wrote:
IMO the shorter timing per question in the verbal section is negligible. I took the longer exam version before April 16 and finished verbal "too quickly" with about 10-12 minutes remaining, from my recollection.
It depends from person to person. Most people just finish on time and some even rush a bit to finish. So, for them, it is a disadvantage, no doubt.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 01:34
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 14:50
I would like to ask :
Did any one find a significant difference between scores of the official practice exams and the new real GMAT ?

Hope this helps
Give kudos if it does

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 16:45
RashmiT wrote:
Hi
Has anyone, who purchased their exam pack 1 ad 2 before nov 2017 been able to access the online shorter version of the test? I tried activating packs 1 and 2 using the activation code but it keeps displaying 'invalid activation code'. IS there any way i can still practice these tests in the shorter format?

I believe GMAC offered new activation codes on request for any purchases made Oct 2017 onwards. But that was like 2 months back. You need to contact GMAC and see if they can still do that for you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2018, 23:29
pantera07 wrote:
RashmiT wrote:
Hi

I believe GMAC offered new activation codes on request for any purchases made Oct 2017 onwards. But that was like 2 months back. You need to contact GMAC and see if they can still do that for you.

Thank you for your input.. i will do so now.
Re: GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter   [#permalink] 06 Jul 2018, 23:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   [ 428 posts ] 

GMAT IS CHANGING APRIL 16, 2018 - it will be 30 minutes shorter

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR JULY
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap