Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q45 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Given shut downs are probably going to continue for the near future, does anyone have any insight if GMAC will allow you to take the at-home GMAT more than once?
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 597 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi everyone! I wanted to go ahead and provide a few student-backed updates that I know we received earlier questions on:

1) I have a few students who have run into tech-related issues at the start of their online exams. The process of rescheduling ended up taking about 10 days on average before they were given the opportunity to reschedule to a new test date.

2) I know we've had this point clarified, but I have student confirmation that there is no required "gap" between an online and in-person sitting. A student of mine was able to sit for the online exam and, upon receiving his scores and finding he didn't meet his desired score, was able to sit for the in-person exam 6 days after his online administration (And knock his goal score out of the park, woohoo!) So, we have both confirmation from GMAC and a student example showing that students can hold their in-person dates just in case test centers allow for their in-person sittings, and can take the online version in the meantime.

Hope this helps!:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, did anyone else get that email from EmpowerGMAT today advising everyone not to take the online exam?

I took the exam on the 2nd and received a score I’m very pleased with, but now in that email they think adcoms may ask those with high online scores to sit again for an in-person exam? Does anyone think that is actually likely? I studied for 4 months and I would almost certainly not do as well as I did if I were asked to take it again in the fall when I’m applying.

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
riseb wrote:
Hi, did anyone else get that email from EmpowerGMAT today advising everyone not to take the online exam?

I took the exam on the 2nd and received a score I’m very pleased with, but now in that email they think adcoms may ask those with high online scores to sit again for an in-person exam? Does anyone think that is actually likely? I studied for 4 months and I would almost certainly not do as well as I did if I were asked to take it again in the fall when I’m applying.

Not likely. I think everyone agrees the GMAT Online is tougher (for the whiteboard issues), and I think schools will be pleased that you took the test and kicked its butt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Health Care)
Send PM
riseb wrote:

Um... what?! Under what basis did EmpowerGMAT make this claim? If that does have the potential, then that would be really messed up, and I would likely try to plan accordingly by taking the in-person exam at another test center where physical exams are offered (or something like that).

Can we get a definitive answer on this? This is a really worrying statement. I do not see how that's even possible given the GMAC guy, Vineet, said like 10+ times in his interview with Souvik that "this is the same exam", with the same integrity/grading structures, etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Added to it ;)

We had other people still waiting for rescheduling, let's see if they get the same window, as far as I saw yesterday I still had multiple days before the 25th to register (seems they really solved their initial supply issue with the proctors).

Thanks!
bb wrote:
Hi ZM308, sorry I missed your post. Would do have a topic dedicated to bugs and issues that pabpinor started: https://gmatclub.com/forum/online-gmat- ... 23336.html

And I am sorry to hear about the test experience :( that sucks.

PS. Very interesting to hear that they have authorized you only after May 25. I’m guessing they have a new questions appearing every 20 days to minimize cheating issues...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi everybody,
I have a couple of questions concerning the online exam. I would be glad if somebody could help me.
GMAT reports that is not allowed to use the hotspot from a mobile device during the exam. Now, my home internet is really bad, and every day I experience at least 2 or 3 connection drops, sometimes also for more than 10 minutes. Do you know how gmat proceeds in case of connection lost?
Is there any (legal) way to use my mobile data for the test?

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I just finished my GMAT EA Online! It was a VERY delightfully weird experience. About 80% of the questions overlapped from the GMAT Online that I took on April 21st :)
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Update: 20 days after my failed GMAT Online attempt on 4/23, I finally received an email from Pearson Vue with a voucher code to reschedule and retake the GMAT at no additional cost.

What's interesting to me about this email is that it does not specify whether I can use this voucher for the test-center GMAT ($275 in the US) in addition to the GMAT Online ($200).

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Hello,

Would it be possible to see the score after the completion of the test?

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Update: 20 days after my failed GMAT Online attempt on 4/23, I finally received an email from Pearson Vue with a voucher code to reschedule and retake the GMAT at no additional cost.

What's interesting to me about this email is that it does not specify whether I can use this voucher for the test-center GMAT ($275 in the US) in addition to the GMAT Online ($200).

-Brian

Told you they won't buge
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Knelle87 wrote:
Hello,

Would it be possible to see the score after the completion of the test?

Nope. You have to wait a week to get the score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi y'all,

Just took my GMAT online exam. Very crystal clear and straight forward, expecting in the 690 - 720 range. Anyhow, I experienced some technical issues on the IR section. My computer's brightness display simply froze on my screen, and I couldn't see the entirety of like 3 IR questions, and just guessed. And that pissed me off because 2 of them were the easy Graphic representation drop down questions.

I feel that I only got a 2 or 3 on the IR, and was wondering from experts how that's viewed; I heard from one expert it doesn't really matter. I would appreciate any insight on that, and that would ease my resentment and worry I have about that part. I got a 5.5 AWA and 4 IR on a previous official exam, so maybe schools will take that into consideration, or combine, idk. Do those scores help my poor IR experience and score?

Altogether, I used to struggle testing physically, so this was so much easier. I expect a 700, and to move on with my life lol. I will update you guys on my score when it arrives!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would not worry about the IR. You can always explain the score issue in the optional essay.

vreddy1 wrote:
Hi y'all,

Just took my GMAT online exam. Very crystal clear and straight forward, expecting in the 690 - 720 range. Anyhow, I experienced some technical issues on the IR section. My computer's brightness display simply froze on my screen, and I couldn't see the entirety of like 3 IR questions, and just guessed. And that pissed me off because 2 of them were the easy Graphic representation drop down questions.

I feel that I only got a 2 or 3 on the IR, and was wondering from experts how that's viewed; I heard from one expert it doesn't really matter. I would appreciate any insight on that, and that would ease my resentment and worry I have about that part. I got a 5.5 AWA and 4 IR on a previous official exam, so maybe schools will take that into consideration, or combine, idk. Do those scores help my poor IR experience and score?

Altogether, I used to struggle testing physically, so this was so much easier. I expect a 700, and to move on with my life lol. I will update you guys on my score when it arrives!

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [2]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM