Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3804 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Score:650 [#permalink]
Hi tushartiwari4u

Quote:
1. Should I retake the exam ? I know for sure, my score (630) won't be reported, but will my attempt be counted ? And if yes, does that deter any aspect of my application ?

If the average score of school you're targeting way higher than 650, then you might want to consider retaking.
Yes the attempt is counted. Only re-scheduling the exam is not counted as attempt. There are now 8 life time attempts limit is set for GMAT.
No cancelling the score does not deter any aspect of your application because school will not know about this attempt.

Quote:
2. If I don't decide to opt for another turn at GMAT, which schools should I be looking forward to?

Apart from IIM ABC other schools in india do not have really high average GMAT score on their board. So you can apply to those colleges including ISB as well :)
IMO 650 is not a bad score. its decent.
Your graduation college, your age, the brand you're working with and extra curriculars are great factors to get you a call from ISB.

Spend your time writing the best application. that will help a lot.

I think you do have time to give GMAT another shot i.e April, May and June. Later you can start your application process from 1st July. You still would have at least 60 days to write applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Thank you HKD1710!

Your input really helps a lot. To be honest, I am glad and little surprised to know that my current score in combination with a good application can get me a call from ISB. Is it really the case because I have an impression of 700 for ISB ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.82
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

I see this is an old post but my query is almost the same. For a 28/F working in IT for last 4 years, how good is the GMAT score =650??
Is there a need to retake the exam to get admit for ISB 2020? PM for profile!(if require further details to answer this :p)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yash321,

While a 650 is a strong score (it's just a bit shy of the 80th percentile overall), not all 650s are 'equal.' Many Business Schools view an Applicant's Quant Scaled Score as an indicator of how that Applicant might handle the 'academic side' of the Program, so a 650 with a higher Quant Scaled Score might be viewed as 'better' than one with a higher Verbal Scaled Score.

You're ultimately asking Admissions questions though, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here (and you'll have to provide far more information on your Overall profile):

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission ... tants-124/

If you choose to retest, then we have to examine how you've been studying. Once you've decided on whether to retest or not, you should post back here (or you can PM me directly) and we can talk through your study options going forward.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yash321,

650 is a good score if that is the median score of the program that you want to apply to and you are not looking for Scholarships. You must also see the scores of students with similar profiles as yours to know the scores you would need to make your candidature stronger.

• Ankur Gupta scored 700 (Q50 V33) in his second GMAT attempt but got rejected at ISB. On the advice of his interviewer, he retook the test and scored an impressive 760 (Q50 V42). This time he got an admit in Tepper Business School, Carnegie Mellon. Click here to read about his journey from 700 to 760.

• Arjun improved from 610 (Q48 V26) to 730 (Q49 V41) received admits from Oxford Said and ISB. Click here to view his video interview.

You can also read this article on Importance of GMAT scores to know more.

Regards,
Aditee
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts